It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.8 EarthQuake - Bali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
www.iris.edu... This shows a lot of activity in southern asia..
the biggest recently a 6.8 magnitude quake near bali.
This is quite a densely populated area so hopefully there are no big aftershocks.

A NUMBER of buildings in Kuta have been damaged and at least fifty people injured after a strong earthquake struck off Bali, causing panic in tourist areas as people fled from their homes and hotels.

www.news.com.au...
news.ninemsn.com.au...
edit on 13-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I thought they had settled on mag 6,1

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Incredible, the more the October the 16th gets closer the more activity it seems to be.

Thanks for the update news.

Take care bro.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life
Incredible, the more the October the 16th gets closer the more activity it seems to be.

Thanks for the update news.

Take care bro.

Actually, it's been really quite quiet of late.. particularly in the last week.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

earthquake.usgs.gov...

quite probably, i heard this on msm so id go with your source
pretty deep tho, lucky it wasnt shallow cause i wouldnt want to see another tsunami

i think its starting to pick up again.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

earthquake.usgs.gov...

pretty deep tho, lucky it wasnt shallow cause i wouldnt want to see another tsunami

Activity tends to do that.. ebbs and flows. It's like busses - you wait for ages and none and then in the space of 10 mins 3 come along

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Activity tends to do that.. ebbs and flows. It's like busses - you wait for ages and none and then in the space of 10 mins 3 come along

Yeah I’ve always wondered if theirs a pattern to the fluctuation. You’d probably have to review thousands of years of record but I think that you’d find some correlations

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
And now a 5.9 in OREGON.....it seems like the activity , to me , is following the Ring of fire up and around making its way to the U.S. West coast a little at a time as the months go by. Maybe it's just because I'm paying attention now?

www.iris.edu...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm turning 26 on the 16th... I hope nothing too crazy happens, I've got celebrating to do. Sorry Elenin, you're not invited to my party.

But yeah it's definitely been quiet, I stopped checking USGS as frequently because there had been nothing to see. Time to start watching again.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
And now a 5.9 in OREGON.....it seems like the activity , to me , is following the Ring of fire up and around making its way to the U.S. West coast a little at a time as the months go by. Maybe it's just because I'm paying attention now?

www.iris.edu...

Revised to 5.3

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Also a 5.9 Mag off coast of Oregan!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Also a 5.9 Mag off coast of Oregan!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What the hell is going on in the Turkey Greece Region?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
has anyone looked at the US earthquakes lately.....there are a couple in odd places, such as the VA and CO/NM, that are almost spot on with the ones from last month.....There are a bunch in the US that are odd, I have a few theories but will leave them for another time. The one in SC bothers me, we just moved from there, and it is located right smack on the SRS nuc site.....Last location in the US that can weaponize material. That would not be pretty.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
has anyone looked at the US earthquakes lately.....there are a couple in odd places, such as the VA and CO/NM, that are almost spot on with the ones from last month.....There are a bunch in the US that are odd, I have a few theories but will leave them for another time. The one in SC bothers me, we just moved from there, and it is located right smack on the SRS nuc site.....Last location in the US that can weaponize material. That would not be pretty.

earthquakes all round seem to be acting a little weird recently, not trying to fear monger..
id like to hear your theories!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

earthquakes all round seem to be acting a little weird recently, not trying to fear monger..
id like to hear your theories!

Been watching it only due to the guys preaching about the new madrid fault going....When the big quake struck VA(what a month ago), everyone jumped onto that whole nuc thing.....however, it was at the same latitude as the one in CO. As the pressure builds in a fault, it will send off waves that will travel until it connects with a change in density. You see this a lot in california, little quakes that not on the actual fault but a good distance away. These smaller mid-continent quakes are in locations that either do not have faults or have no history of activity. Yet they are on the new madrid side of major geological change, ie east side of the rockies. I can't explain the VA quakes, they seem to be an abnormality of the theory. However, during the last couple of months saw some minor quakes in OK on the east side of the arbuckle mountain range, where the sub-layers change drastically and in Tenn, on the west side of the blue ridge. Then there is the constant small quakes around the mississippi basin around the same latitude and depth (around 3 mi down). The topography of california is significantly different than that east of the rockies.....The energy is pretty confined along the west coast with the mountains, but on the rest of the continent. I know this is a loose theory, but they feel like precursors to something central. To support the theory, you can look at california (lots of quakes, only reason for using it), and all the quakes that are not on the fault (or close there of) are at topographical changes (where the normal sub-strata meets the mountains). It is as the waves move out horizontally until it hits a change in density and then like laser light refracts upwards. So these waves can travel a vast distance through similar topography and not be felt, then when it hits that harder rock, it rebounds upwards and is felt by the sensors. There are many examples in physics to illustrate this, but I think the ocean is the best......the energy travels along the water, but does not become evident until the depth changes and the waves start to appear at the surface. Again, just a theory, but there are just some real strange similarities in the quakes on the east side of the rockies and those east of the mississippi. You may now tear my theory apart....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Was just on facebook with my bro
just got hit again 6.1 i think
Thing sure are heating up

#, just had another one, this time the pool got a little rough, and again everybody in the streets. Two in one day??

First one
Just had a 6.8 earthquake 100km from Samur, the place was moving like hell. Everybody took to the streets, some minor damage around south Bali. But the most important is the shack is still standing
edit on 13-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Was just on facebook with my bro
just got hit again 6.1 i think
Thing sure are heating up

#, just had another one, this time the pool got a little rough, and again everybody in the streets. Two in one day??

First one
Just had a 6.8 earthquake 100km from Samur, the place was moving like hell. Everybody took to the streets, some minor damage around south Bali. But the most important is the shack is still standing
edit on 13-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

wow hang in there mate, hope all is well for you and those you know
any word on tsunamis? hate to bring it up but just wondering if there was a
6.8 would pretty big to experience

new topics

top topics

join