It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are ABSURD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by 74Templar

"Hello brother, what's happening?"

Thanks for your contribution.

We are contribute, in one way or another, for good or for ill. If there's a purpose to this thread for those who read and "grok" of it, it's to get us the heck off auto-pilot. We are not robots, and neither are we merely "meaning making machines" no matter how complex. There is something more, something greater here, within and among us, but if we could precisely place our finger on it, then it wouldn't be the mystery that it is and must remain.

I want us to move from "bad" absurd, to just altogether absurd, or authentically absurd - fully self expressed, let's put it that way.

I want to have a breakthrough and I want to see others have breakthroughs, and hey we can't do it alone, we're in this thin

"hello. Hope you are well"
I hope that has uplifted you a little...
Agreed 100%. Since I've been on here, I've noticed most people are good souls, searching for answers and truth, no matter the way they do it. Others seek to question in the spirit of proof, which is also good, but there are some who seek to dismiss EVERY truth and block others who seek it. I personally believe change has started away from greed and anger, and towards both enlightenment and truth, but hey that's just me. Most people I meet are good, and want to do good, given the chance. Most people will say hello or even let a few walls down if you just open up to them and show that you are human too. It just takes a little effort.
Hope that doesn't sound too absurd

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You are an eternal optimist with faith in the human heart. By the standard of a LOT of people, yes, that is utterly absurd because they have so much evidence to the contrary, as if what they see on TV and through the MSM and in the Newspapers, and the Net, is THE REAL WORLD, as it is, whereas you see it as it ought to be, from the heartfelt POV of your own perspective. It's not absurd at all. You are a very reasonable man, even if what you expect from the rest of us is unreasonably reasonable. Good for you! So you see, I am not alone, and that my friend isn't absurd at all. It is your heart and mine, which will sustain and overcome the world, and already has, if only every one else would catch up to the recognition, that what you say is true. Such an optimism, carries with it a certain degree of faith in things unseen and in better things as yet unseen, and because these things reside in the domain of an unknown, even an unknown unknown or something that we cannot possibly know, the first reaction by most people, in response to this position is fear, which easily roots itself in pessimism, and they call it "reason", but it's not the least bit reasonable, or congruent with the truth and reality as it is (whatever that may be), and as a negative and false judgement born of fear and ignorance, it must be discarded in the light of reason and truth, namely our OWN.

What you have isn't absurd. it "groks" at least with me very much. And if absurd in the least, then it's the very good kind, which is wholly capable of swallowing the unneccessary one in a triumph of reason and all manner of mutual sharing and collaborative participation, beginning with our own selves and from our own sphere of influence, however big or small.

What we have then, can no longer be described in terms of "faith" the size of a tiny seed, or an absurdity just as small (and harmless) but the knowledge (gnosis) of real understanding, and thus the beginning of real wisdom born of experience (there is no other kind).

Principals must be proven right by their application, but all we need "do" is listen to our own heart! It's absurd in it's utter simplicity, relative to a whole sea or ocean of ignorance all around.

Like I said already somewhere "the only reasonable thing is unreasonably reasonable". And anything less just simply will not do, once the thing, once the idea or the object is grasped, and the mind once it changes shape cannot go BACK to its original configuration, so I say what the heck, let us start a movement, based simply upon a ever better understanding of just who and what we really are, and what the world we find ourselves in signifies as an optimal expression of an infinite and infinitely mysterious creative evolutionary process, of which we are an intrinsic part, perhaps even moreso than we've even stopped to consider, before.

We are not finite "things", that's absurd! It's not what our actual experience tells us, based upon our own personal experience!

Blessed are you for having it already, prior to the "proof" of it. No, that's not absurd, at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine
If you change all the "you are absurds," to you were obsurd, this would be a great ulogy for you when others are at a loss for words as what your life amounted to.

I have to admitt I am a sucker for people who see the humor in themselves!

For my eulogy, instread of "he was absurd" (but is no more), and don't worry I realize your sentiments were of a wholly positive kind, well meaning - I would prefer something along the lines of...

"Although he WAS absurd, perhaps (most would murmor in agreement), he taught us something rather special that we'd long forgotten, namely, that behind our OWN absurdities, we all share the very same thing in common - that none of us, to a one have the first clue as to just who and what we REALLY are, or even what the heck is really going ON, in reality. He taught us, in his own absursity and attempted authenticity, that this very mystery, as everything and the ONLY thing that is left in the wake of the absurdity (who and what we only thought we were or presumed ourselves to be) - is the only thing actually worth further investigation and exploration and all manner of mutual discovery and sharing, and that this great truth is found within ourselves and in our own experience OF ourselves, as we are, really and authentically."

sometyhing like that would be nice.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You are an eternal optimist with faith in the human heart. By the standard of a LOT of people, yes, that is utterly absurd because they have so much evidence to the contrary, as if what they see on TV and through the MSM and in the Newspapers, and the Net, is THE REAL WORLD, as it is, whereas you see it as it ought to be, from the heartfelt POV of your own perspective. It's not absurd at all. You are a very reasonable man, even if what you expect from the rest of us is unreasonably reasonable. Good for you! So you see, I am not alone, and that my friend isn't absurd at all. It is your heart and mine, which will sustain and overcome the world, and already has, if only every one else would catch up to the recognition, that what you say is true. Such an optimism, carries with it a certain degree of faith in things unseen and in better things as yet unseen, and because these things reside in the domain of an unknown, even an unknown unknown or something that we cannot possibly know, the first reaction by most people, in response to this position is fear, which easily roots itself in pessimism, and they call it "reason", but it's not the least bit reasonable, or congruent with the truth and reality as it is (whatever that may be), and as a negative and false judgement born of fear and ignorance, it must be discarded in the light of reason and truth, namely our OWN.

What you have isn't absurd. it "groks" at least with me very much. And if absurd in the least, then it's the very good kind, which is wholly capable of swallowing the unneccessary one in a triumph of reason and all manner of mutual sharing and collaborative participation, beginning with our own selves and from our own sphere of influence, however big or small.

What we have then, can no longer be described in terms of "faith" the size of a tiny seed, or an absurdity just as small (and harmless) but the knowledge (gnosis) of real understanding, and thus the beginning of real wisdom born of experience (there is no other kind).

Principals must be proven right by their application, but all we need "do" is listen to our own heart! It's absurd in it's utter simplicity, relative to a whole sea or ocean of ignorance all around.

Like I said already somewhere "the only reasonable thing is unreasonably reasonable". And anything less just simply will not do, once the thing, once the idea or the object is grasped, and the mind once it changes shape cannot go BACK to its original configuration, so I say what the heck, let us start a movement, based simply upon a ever better understanding of just who and what we really are, and what the world we find ourselves in signifies as an optimal expression of an infinite and infinitely mysterious creative evolutionary process, of which we are an intrinsic part, perhaps even moreso than we've even stopped to consider, before.

We are not finite "things", that's absurd! It's not what our actual experience tells us, based upon our own personal experience!

Blessed are you for having it already, prior to the "proof" of it. No, that's not absurd, at all.

Actually optimist is mostly a word I would not use to describe myself with all of the time. Yes I do tend to see the brighter side whenever I can, and try not to see the world as a broken thing in need of fixing, but rather like an old friend in school we haven't seen in ages we suddenly think of and realise exists. From an early age I could see the world wasn't right, wasn't heading in the direction it should be, but to voice that opinion 20+ years ago, well lets just say at one point I had a psychologist tell me my brain was wired wrong.
Luckily, fast forward into the present, and others are finally beginning to see that truth as I always have. It has been and will continue to be an arduous road, but people are finally starting to get that they are the masters of their own destiny, not TPTB, not the giant corporations that bend us over every day, we the people.
If you've never noticed this, think to a time you wanted something really badly. Now think how quickly said item came to you based on just how bad you wanted it. And I know people will say "well I've wished for this with all my heart for years and it never came, so that must be BS." Stop, think for a second. Did you really want it? Or were you just saying "I want this" and expecting the universe to suddenly entertain your every whim while you sat back and did bugger all to make it happen?
That is the now. That is the reality people are waking up to. And it's not just "I want a new car," or "I want a new job." It's "Now is the time for us as people to make the change." I've known this for years, but without a voice (or my brain being wired wrong), the message fell on deaf ears for so long. I love hearing now people say to me "do you realise

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've been searching for something so long, and you know what. The answer was in me the whole time." I can't help but give the knowing smile when I hear that. I never will claim to be a pioneer in this, as I have no doubt many others shared this worldly view as I have, and are glad to see others finally coming into the light, but I will never be afraid to say it to people...
"You have the power, you always have had. It's just you never realised until now. SO USE IT!"

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm glad you returned and continued from your last post so quickly, I might have thougt you'd died or something, and second, and more importantly, man you GROK!

Thank you 74Templar, for your contribution to this thread, but aside from that, thanks for just being "out there" loike a candle in the wind. And thank you lastly, to allowing our mutual flames to shine ever brighter, in whatever way no matter how great or small it really doesn't matter, it's enough to start something, or I should say to remember something REALLY important that we'd almost forgot.

Phew!

That was CLOSE!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think if we but took the lesson of Bruce Lee, that all we need DO, is to come out into the light and BE our own true selves, to have the courage to actually DO that in the midst a "difficult and challenging world" maybe even in spite of it (to face it down), well then the new day dawns, first in the mind, then the heart and soul and then through the heart and soul outwardly. By it's very nature, it's causative and formative, creative and playful. It comes naturally, in the same way that playing superhuman pingpong does, for Bruce Lee.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There's a real triumph here just awaiting our continued, mutually shared "grokking", for those with the eyes to see and the mind to process it with, and the heart and soul with which to eat it and drink it in.

We already knew it all along!

Is anyone here going to tell me, or try to convince me that this isn't utterly absurd?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And what a relief it is also, outside of "the church", to discover what Jesus actually meant when he said

"I am the truth and the life."

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Therefore, let me tell you all something "in all truth" (said like Jesus!)

When the hearts of men change, kingdoms WILL change, and can't not.

"Oh yea of such little faith!"

One more.. (and then I'll shut up, for now)

"So fear not little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled! for it pleased the father to share his kingdom with all his children!"

There is nothing we need do "in order to" accomplish anything, we already have it all, and it begins with a state of being of mind heart and soul and a shift in our own frame of reference, from the roles we play, to the one who can choose who we are being, based on what resonates through and through, with who and what we already ARE and already were, all along.

We need go from

do, have, be (which I just haven't been able to stomach or fathom)

to

be, have, and do - but no longer contrained in any way shape or form by either ignorance, or circumstance and the particulars of of the thinglike particularized experience of "me me me" which is absurd, and unnecessary. "In self forgetting we find, and in dying we awaken to eternal life" (St. Francis of "i see see").

"Our liberation is God's compulsion."
~ C.S. Lewis

Please forgive me for going "over the top" I can't help it, it's just who I am and I can't contain myself at the glee of the prospect of such a mutually shared understanding and communion or "grokking" to borrow an absurd term from a Robert Heinlein science fiction story called, apty "A Stranger in a Strange Land" (meaning while we are in "the world" we are not OF the world, as spiritual beings having a human experience).

Much Love,

NAM
aka Rob

edit on 15-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OMG!

UOLOGY! I love it!

This is great. I am/have been going through this for years. Can't seem to come to terms with my absurd self. "SHE" thinks she knows everything. When will she finally learn? She is obsessed with the materialistic, cause lord knows, she's got a lot. Has a hilltop mansion and 11 cars. Almost a rock song.

Caught the PK thing. All of "us" out there know exactly what this means.

Welcome to the world of absurdity.

Humility is the only thing that I have found that will sooth the beast.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Ah but you DO rock!

Especially now that you are able to be authentically inauthentic.

What, are we to deny ourselves the entire absurdity which created us and shaped our lives to date? Are we to shun it, or laugh out loud at the absurdity of it all, and then get to work being something both entire new, and old both. There IS a lost child in there somewhere I know it. He wasn't "closeted" and he didn't die! He lives again! (tears).

What an absurdity! Just as soon as one ends, another begins! And I love it! What can we do, run away from who we are! Now THAT would be absurd. (tears and laughter).

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
OMG!

UOLOGY! I love it!

This is great. I am/have been going through this for years. Can't seem to come to terms with my absurd self. "SHE" thinks she knows everything. When will she finally learn? She is obsessed with the materialistic, cause lord knows, she's got a lot. Has a hilltop mansion and 11 cars. Almost a rock song.

Caught the PK thing. All of "us" out there know exactly what this means.

Welcome to the world of absurdity.

Humility is the only thing that I have found that will sooth the beast.

Maybe "she" didn't get the special gift (dollhouse?) she was promised for Christmas as a little girl or something equally as absurd, hey anything's possible!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why, thank you so much!

I have been on this journey for a long time now. Wasn't until I realized that everything I knew, was just that. What I knew.

To aschew my absurd self, I had to go through a lot. Lose myself to gain "ME". Forget what I have been taught, and lean on what I have learned. Even if it itself seems absurd.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

TextMaybe "she" didn't get the special gift (dollhouse?) she was promised for Christmas as a little girl or something equally as absurd, hey anything's possible!

"She" has always gotten what she wants. Which is probably why she is even more absurd than the rest.

Didn't play with dollhouses...no. Made dirt roads in the front yard and rode her brothers Tonka dumptruck around on them. Maybe she secretly wanted her brothers toys!!!

edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: forgot the little quote box

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ah, would anyone like to share an absurdity of their own, and by "absurdity" I don't mean anything "bad", but something, perhaps an incivility, or not, which arose from a complete and utter miconception and misunderstanding on your part, because you were operating from the whole wrong paradigm, based on who you presumed yourself to be, or another to be, in relation to you.

I don't want to hog the floor. It's not all about me after all, I'm not THAT special.

Anyone..?

You really want to know?

I reference your original post and insert the following after every paragraph...

Ditto from me

Ditto from me

Ditto from me

Ditto and more ditto - and then yes again! Ditto!

I had stars in my eyes as a child – I dreamt of the sheer vastness of the universe, all the incomprehensible possibilities and the multitude of fascinating life-paths available to me.

At age 6 I was to become an astronaut – at age 7 I wanted to be the first president to make the planting of trees compulsory. At age 8 I was about to run off to India and study Ayurvedic Medicine. Between the ages of 9 and 14 I alternated between the ideas of growing up to be a biologist, a physicist, a paranormal investigator, a writer, a painter, a farmer, a doctor, a philosopher or a veterinary surgeon. But slowly the ideas of space-exploration and the possibilities of finding extra-terrestrial life cemented within me the roots of an overwhelming and ever-growing love for astronomy.

My father – a stern and uncompromising intellectual and academic chastised me for my interests in astronomy... he told me that I needed to focus on the computer-industry as a couple of degrees in this field would afford me the best opportunities and the most comfortable life – a life I could not hope to achieve as a poor and most-likely unemployed astronomer.

And so I listened. I diligently studied. Gained a bachelors in Information Technology. Wrote Java programmes and designed websites from 8 to 5 until my eyes blurred whilst my astronomy knowledge gained dust in the dark recesses of my mind, my telescope hidden away lest my heart should break if I saw it, and my every-night outdoor trips becoming more sporadic until these also stopped completely. Yes, I am absurd.

Then – when I was given an opportunity to further my studies this year, my now dearly-departed father’s voice came floating to me across space and time, and I chose to continue my studies in Information Technology. My belief being that I am now too old and too out of touch to pursue my love for Astronomy. Here too – I was absurd.

And thus I sat this year – each day – trying to eke out a living in an industry that was not as favourable to me as my father had predicted – and studying a subject that had never carried any real interest or passion or made my eyes sparkle in anticipation.

It is now one o' clock on a Sunday morning and there are three days to go to my first examination – the stacks of revision work are piled up around me. And I feel completely apathetic, bored, disinterested – my continual habit of procrastination is just reinforcing itself again and again and again... Instead of my much-needed revision I am listening to “Ever so lonely” by Sheila Chandra, and scouring the boards of a conspiracy theory website for some glimmer of interest and some point for discussion as a complete and hopeless ATS addict... yes – I am absurd.

I am absurd for having dreamt the biggest dreams and not realizing any of them. I am absurd for following the desires of my misguided “well-wishers” – even though these desires were not my own. I am absurd for not believing in my own light. I am absurd for once again not taking the road less travelled, even though that road was the most beguiling. I am absurd for having become an automaton carrying out the most basic of human functions – too bored with life to flourish and too dependent on the system to do more than survive.

Your thread was amazing and every one of your posts a beautiful and inspiring read. I suppose we are all absurd creatures in one way or the other - and most of us have also missed the plot somewhere. S+F

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I now understand what is meant by the "new agey" sounding (I also disdain trumphed up new age philosophy which doesn't deliver but is only yet another mask, another absurdity) saying "you are whole and complete".

The human being, when we have the courage to face our own absurdity and inauthenticity, in the space of unconditional acceptance and love - is already perfect, whole and complete. This is our true state of being, our true nature. It is not and cannot be an imposition upon the mind, nor a mere philosophical conjecture, nor even something "reasoned out" in the mind, as if life is a problem which needs solving once and for all (no mystery), since it's the knowledge gained from personal experience, yet from the POV of a trascendant fully self realized, self examined life, as the light of awareness itself.

Now the only trick it to never forget this again, and remain in a state of self remembrance, and refusing, ever again, to be sucked into the utterly absurdity, not simply of our own lives, but the belly of the beast of our modern "civilization", which now becomes the only remaining absurdity which can no longer be accepted as fact or as reality, just a cumulative absurdity of far reaching historical implications and by God, we are here, and we are coming quickly now, to put a stop to it, but not as a resistence - as an irresistable and unreasonably reasonable leap of simple logic, combined with a healthy dose of self depracating humor at our OWN absurdity, and therefore fearless, because if that's the kind of stuff we're up against, not just for ourselves but on behalf of our fellow man, then there's hope, in very large doses of increasing absurdities once fully "grokked".

It's a power not entirely of ourselves alone as acting causal agents, it both transcends us and envelopes us and continually reintegrates us within it's loving embrace and infinite intelligence, it matters not the name we place on "him" only that we don't reduce the whole phenomenon to an "it" but instead recognize the vast sweep of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process of which we are an integral part with ourvery love itself the cause.

What's absurd is that here we sit with these monkey bodies as children of a loving God of light and love!

Although we cannot understand it or fathom it, in it's entirety, since the Absolute Reality can never be understood, we can still live it, and maybe that is the only thing we CAN do, and where else is there to "go"?

Therefore, "Pick up your (absurdity) and follow me!" (don't worry, if you carry it long enough and far enough, it will eventually dissolve into the giggles of childlike laughter upon your very back and to your utter dismay, quickly wiping the tears from your eyes).

edit on 15-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: love. (what else is there?)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Good thread op, your confession is my confession as well. Look at all us people trying to be individuals but always following a predictable pattern. It's amazingly absurd.

Star and flag for pointing out my character flaws like some kind of omnipotent cosmic judge.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

"Pick up your (absurdity) and follow me." (don't worry, if you carry it long enough and far enough, it will eventually dissolve into the giggles of childlike laughter to your utter dismay)

You know much sense this makes to me? Some of the wisest words ever written my friend.
Now, how do we make this contagious? How can we make others join in the giggle-fest?

Is it that we all need to come to our own realization? Yes, I think this is so. But those of us who arrive earlier than the rest for the party, need to start dancing so that no one else is afraid to hit the dance floor. Dancing until I drop....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yeah, and so here I was dancing around somewhat awkwardly and conspicuously, because no one else was dancing, until you came along! So thanks! What a relief! (still dancing absurdly)..

And in the meanwhile, we can each dance like there's no one watching whoever you may be and in whatever circumstance you may find yourself.

And then, eventually, we will slowly but surely, or very quickly, dance our way striaght into the party of all ages!

"I'll meet you in the middle."
~ from the movie "Braveheart".

We don't need any "hardware" to "conquor the world", only the well designed software of the human heart, or perhaps I should I say the ever mysterious "ghost in the machine" contained therein. I once said that or something like it, at one of those "new age" seminars "The Landmark Forum" when they tried to tell me (us) that the ONLY truth is that we are nothing but "meaning making machines" and that life itself is "meaningless" and without any possibility of escape. I went up to the microphone and called it a lie, and restated that we are all children of a loving God and that these biological machines and the world they inhabit merely contain, as a vessel, our true self as a spiritual being. It wasn't that eloquent of course, and I was nervous as hell. The instructor tried to get me to say the word "but" and then mocked me "but but but but" and I went along with the ribbing, to a degree, "but" afterwards, inummerable people came to me and thanked me, some even adored me for what I had the courage to do, to state for myself and by extension for them as well on their behalf. Out of fairness, they (the Forum leader) were wanting simply to bring us to the "space of nothing" that is everything, without colouring it with any sort of spiritual or religious sentiment, which is understandable of course.

Best Regards,

NAM
Dancing Omegapoint Logotherapist
PhD,, School of Absurdity, Earth.

edit on 15-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: no reason needed, why must I fill out this box every time, self conscious for editing my own post..?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join