It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress passes 3 free trade pact with South Korea, Panama, and Colombia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Congress passes 3 free trade pact with South Korea, Panama, and Colombia.

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Washington— Congress passed a trio of free-trade agreements late Wednesday, removing barriers to trade with Panama, South Korea and Colombia — but exacerbating deep disagreements among Democrats on the government's role in protecting U.S. industries.

The approval of the pacts, in a rare bipartisan collaboration, is a big victory for President Obama, who sold the deals as a key step toward bolstering job growth. But it angered liberal groups and labor unions that say the agreeme...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Man, when will this stop? Free trade agreement doesn't always work and with the NAFTA doesn't benefit well for Americans. Heck our jobs already went overseas and now unemployment was extremely high in the USA thanks to those.

Gotta thank Clinton for it when he signed the NAFTA into law in 1994 and the Chinese-USA trade agreement in 2000.

That's the reason why we are in the mess.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Once again Obama shows he's just another neocon.
If we didn't have enough problems with jobs going overseas for cheaper labor, this will likely drive another 5 million jobs to these 3 countries and raise the unemployment rate even further.

They don't give a rats ass about the American peasant.
Did I say peasant? I meant serf... I mean citizen.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

yes i know.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Gotta love this Congress and the Administration create jobs in South Korea, Panama and Colombia. What are they working on for the American people this fine morning? More meaningless abortion legislation that has no hope of passing the Senate. And then they wonder why Americans are taking to the streets.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Gotta love this Congress and the Administration create jobs in South Korea, Panama and Colombia. What are they working on for the American people this fine morning? More meaningless abortion legislation that has no hope of passing the Senate. And then they wonder why Americans are taking to the streets.

Ya i agree the NAFTA and repealing "Glass Stegal" in 1999 were the mistakes of the Clinton years. No other Democrat would've signed NAFTA, or repealed "Glass Stegal" but because Clinton hoped on witht the Republicans on these issues, these mistakes were made.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We really, really need emergency political reform, in this country, is just unbelievable that we all the prove that this trades are just turning the US into a working poor nation the whores in congress still keep pushing them.

How much protest we may need to make the whores work for the people and not for the private interest that pimps them away with money.

Our government system is broken beyond repair as it stands.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wow. This is to benefit the fat cats in Washington and their constituents. And as long as Wall Street benefits that must be good enough for the rest of us. More outsourcing to come and more jobs overseas. One more blow to the working middle class. The American dream was delt a huge blow in 1994 with NAFTA, the beginning of class warfare. What's left to come?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Once again Obama shows he's just another neocon.
If we didn't have enough problems with jobs going overseas for cheaper labor, this will likely drive another 5 million jobs to these 3 countries and raise the unemployment rate even further.

They don't give a rats ass about the American peasant.
Did I say peasant? I meant serf... I mean citizen.

Wrong, he is NOT a "Neocon", He is a Corporatist!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Thanks Kozmo for that reminder, yes Obama has prove to be nothing but a the biggest corporatist around, I thought Bush was bad but Obama is worst, he is just following the same agenda as the ones behind him, without political reform the next one will be just the same.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There's a bigger story than Obama's "Fast and Furious" gun sales to mexican drug cartels.

It's illegal for America to sell weapons to China because China's been selling arms to Iran and Clinton put a Sanction on them.

China wanted America's LRAD sound weapons. But there's sanctions prohibiting America from selling military weapons to China.

Obama had the State Department declare the LRAD's "not a weapon", and got around the sanctions to export the LRAD to China.

Poor South Korea's and the Pacific will be facing those US weapons soon. We always export weapons that end up getting used on us not long after we export them.

Obama's not faced that Weapon Running conspiracy yet. Senator Webb calling China a "THREAT"....meanwhile Obama's running weapons to China to "create jobs".

Should we be scared as to what he agreed to export to Columbia, Panama, and South Korea?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They should stop with the FTA's, instead they should just remove all trade barriers outright, that would be much easier and better for the U.S economy.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
They should stop with the FTA's, instead they should just remove all trade barriers outright, that would be much easier and better for the U.S economy.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

I really hope so because the trade deficits isn't helping a lot of economy lately.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on Congressional Passage of Korea, Colombia and Panama Trade Agreements and Trade Adjustment Assistance

“The trade agreements will also strengthen what has been a bright spot in the American economy. With record agricultural exports supporting more than a million jobs here at home, passage of these deals will contribute to a positive U.S. trade balance, create jobs, and provide new income opportunities for our nation’s agricultural producers, small businesses, and rural communities.”

Link
I get many alerts from the USDA on a daily basis and have noticed where the jobs money is going
A lot of money is coming out of the USDA.
How many of these farms are owned in part or wholly by China, Monsanto, AMD etc.
Now will they stop subsidizing farmers?
How are drought stricken parts of the good ole US going to produce with out water.
How much will our prices at home raise?
I'll never forget Ross Perot telling us to expect a giant sucking sound if they passed NAFTA.
Not to mention Farmland they won't test that could be contaminated with cesium thanks to Fukushima.
Follow the money.
Rbrtj

edit on 13-10-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join