It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Are The Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
~Joseph Goebbels

Source

The Military control the media, for proof, all you need to do is look at the atrocities taking place in Libya; further evidence that the Nazis had nothing on NATO when it comes to propaganda.

Below is a long video of varying quality,which may have been posted before. It is worth a listen to the whole interview because it appears to be a genuine account of the atrocities our tax dollars are paying for.

For the purposes of this post, I ask you to pay attention at about the 32 minute and 38 minute marks to hear this young journalist's impression of the media; that these allegedly competing media conglomerates are integrated with eachother, and with the military.

Lest you start believing this is something new, propaganda has been of paramount importance to the military since the dawn of civilization.

“The use of propaganda as a means of controlling information flow, managing public opinion, or manipulating behavior is as old as recorded history. The concept of persuasion is an integral part of human nature, and the use of specific techniques to bring about large-scale shifts in ideas can be traced back to the ancient world. Many artifacts from prehistory and from earliest civilizations provide us with evidence that attempts were being made to use the equivalent of modern-day propaganda techniques to communicate the purported majesty and supernatural powers of rulers and priests. In a largely preliterate age, dazzling costumes, insignia, and monuments were deliberately created symbols designed to evoke a specific image of superiority and power that these early propagandists wished to convey to their audience.

The history of propaganda is based on three interweaving elements: first, the increasing need, with the growth of civilization and the rise of nationstates, to win what has been called “the battle for people’s minds”; second, the increasing sophistication of the means of communication available to deliver propagandistic messages; and third, the increasing understanding of the psychology of propaganda and the commensurate application of such behavioral findings. Throughout history, these three elements have been combined in various ways to enhance and encourage the use of propaganda as a means of altering attitudes and for the creation of new ideas or perspectives. Only in comparatively modern times, however, have scholars and scientists begun to understand and assess the role of such mass propaganda techniques as an aspect of the social process.

Source

The Internet is a great example, originally a tool for military communications, it is now my preferred source of information, even though it is one that can track what I say and read, and my location when I do it.

The trust we have in the media is part of our programming; undoubtedly built into the archetecture of Operation Mockingbird, the CIA's code-name for their effort to subvert the mass media, begun in the 1940s.:
Operation Mockingbird

In the second half of the 20th century, the burgeoning American media was co-opted by something called Operation Mockingbird, the CIA's subversion of the free press in America. Frank Wisner, who ran the project in the 1940s and 1950s for the Agency, once famously said that the American media was like his own "...personal Wurlitzer; I can play any tune I want on it and America will follow along."

In the 1970s, CIA director William Colby admitted, "The CIA owns assets at every major media outlet in America, TV networks, newspapers, publishing houses, and magazines."

In a 1977 Rolling Stone article, Carl Bernstein estimated that there were hundreds, perhaps thousands, of CIA-friendly assets at all the major TV networks, newspapers and periodicals in America.

Source

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.
-- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)

Propaganda works, and it works best in America because we think it's just a movie, or a TV show-comercial-sport-video game-hit song.

The first step in gaining your freedom comes with turning off the propaganda, a feat made extremely difficult by today's onslaught of media. At least protect yourself by becoming familiar with the enemy, and the Pentagon considers the Internet an enemy "weapons system".

The Pentagon's Information Operations Roadmap is blunt about the fact that an internet, with the potential for free speech, is in direct opposition to their goals. The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

The 2003 Pentagon document entitled the Information Operation Roadmap was released to the public after a Freedom of Information Request by the National Security Archive at George Washington University in 2006. A detailed explanation of the major thrust of this document and the significance of information operations or information warfare was described by me here.

Don't be a sucker for the military message. Don't fall for every hip new organized protest. Learn how to better recognize propaganda. Hint: It's all propaganda.

"Propaganda Techniques",:

"...based upon Appendix I: PSYOP Techniques" from "Psychological Operations Field Manual No.33-1" published by Headquarters; Department of the Army, in Washington DC, on 31 August 1979. Appendix by Jon Roland, July, 1998.

PROPAGANDA TECHNIQUES

For a change of perspective, here is an excerpt from a book entitled "Clear Thinking", by RW Jepson, written and appended during and after WWII "Reading The Newspaper" applies today to our myriad media, just as it did then..

To better recognize "Logical Fallacies", a valuable skill on the forums, here's a list:
Logical Fallacies

Edward Bernays, the nephew of Sigmund Freud wrote the book on it:
Propaganda

Wake up America, you've been had.

edit on 13-10-2011 by septic because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Good topic thanks for bringing it up.

I have seen detailed reports/evidence that this is indeed the case even today.

From reports of the Administrations paying reporters to take their side of the story, ignoring certain topics or aspects of topics, etc.

I have also seen a few legitimate reports detailing the current military program of inserting psychological warfare operatives within even local news stations in order to aid in crafting propaganda or to scrub out specific issues.

This is a very prevalent and commonplace occurrence which is almost entirely unknown in it's details by the wider population. Pretty sad if you ask me.

You know your government is illegitimate especially when they have to spend billions on researching new ways to lie to the population and convince them to acquiesce to their demands and regulations.

It's just a tyranny using lies and misdirection and cover-ups to hide the truth and convince the population that the government is good and we should not abolish it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A more accurate thread title would have been: "The Media Controls the Military".

Oh but that would not have been as attention grabbing so you needed it to be different although there are many threads on this topic ongoing on ATS...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
yea i started a thread called occupy the msm and the next day most of the protest were busted up.i must have hit a tender spot.
i personally know a cia agent and he doesnt watch tv.attacking the msm with extreme prejudice is the key to winning back our country.i see no other option.
carson daily called the head newscaster of nbc the james bond of news.that was the reporter that calmed the saudi kings fears of an arab spring in saudi arabia a few months back.i got a kick out of how the saudi king ran to china and russia when that all first started.the man was scared the usa was going to pull a libya on them.lmao

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Is your shift key and your space bar broke?

Your typing is painful to read.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by septic

I trust the MSM as far as I can throw my TV uphill against the wind BUT...

if everything this Mahdi Nazemroaya says is so "undeniable", may I see some proof?

Like footage of the carpetbombing of Hospitals, Restaurants etc. please?

Right now I can't trust this guy much more than I trust the MSM.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Cheap Mercenaries: Recruits lured into NATO for 500 rubles per day and the iPad

Speaking of mercs... not news, or facts.. just something else to consider, or not.

stratrisks.com...
www.newsland.ru...

"11 young people for two days live at the base near Khabarovsk, and expecting any day now they will start to train with NATO troops, only to join the Alliance troops. All they found a posting on the Internet about recruitment in NATO, and then signed a contract to train service in the armed forces of NATO. "

Of course the MSM is a scam machine, tool of "the man".. superficial propaganda.. govt talking points read by a super model or dude with mannequin hair... we're in a full blown 1984 Orwellian swamp of a society.

The military extension of the infamous PTB are chess players who wont spare a Queen with a "Hospital" post it note affixed.. somehow Americans dont see that the "shock" part of "shock and awe".. is terrorism.. I'm sure psychological propagandists had data indicating "shock" was least likely to be confused with "terrorism".. because terrorist dont bomb to shock..lol

Military like preparation and dissemination of propaganda can help win wars.. dont think for a second the elite play fair, abide by ethics and abide by laws & rules.. US interests are at risk!! lives in danger!!.. it's ok for the govt to extra judicially kill people.. but not lie to them?.. loool yeah, right..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Did you come here to complain?

Do you have anything to add about the topic?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It seems I have posted a comment of who "owns" the media several times this week........

Please do your research........Your comment is correct as far as the military using the media..........But who ownsn them?

CFR

See great video at LINK

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
It seems I have posted a comment of who "owns" the media several times this week........

Please do your research........Your comment is correct as far as the military using the media..........But who ownsn them?

CFR

"Please do your research?"

Have you stopped to consider whether the media would have you focusing on who "owns" the media rather than the far more important question of who owns the military?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by septic

Answer: The same people who "owns" the Gov...........The CFR members are the little soilders for TPTB

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

The military's been killing its own citizens since George Washington.

He amassed more troops to kill his fellow countrymen than he ever amassed to fight the British.

Lincoln got a foreign power, Russia to bring its entire Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets to enter Union Ports to help kill Americans in the South.

Our military's had long tradition of killing its own.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by septic

I trust the MSM as far as I can throw my TV uphill against the wind BUT...

if everything this Mahdi Nazemroaya says is so "undeniable", may I see some proof?

Like footage of the carpetbombing of Hospitals, Restaurants etc. please?

Right now I can't trust this guy much more than I trust the MSM.

I'm with you...I don't trust anyone much any more, but I find folks who point out how integrated the military and the media are more credible than folks who pretend they aren't.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

The military's been killing its own citizens since George Washington.

He amassed more troops to kill his fellow countrymen than he ever amassed to fight the British.

Lincoln got a foreign power, Russia to bring its entire Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets to enter Union Ports to help kill Americans in the South.

Our military's had long tradition of killing its own.

One of the biggest revelations for me was that the military, intelligence services, media, and indeed, national governments are all working for the real government, and have been for some time. Nations are a fraud. They exist to keep we little people in line.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You know your government is illegitimate especially when they have to spend billions on researching new ways to lie to the population and convince them to acquiesce to their demands and regulations.

Well put.

It takes an amazing amount of propaganda to keep the system afloat. Folks need to understand that the things we identify with, (music, speech, foods, political parties, etc.) are foisted upon us. The choices of entertainment, news, politics are false options offered as a means of control. People forget "none of the above" is a choice too. Real change can only come when we start thinking critically, and the propagandists know this, so they try to fill our eyes, ears and bellies with sweet distractions.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah, the media.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"1917 Congressional Record Confirms Purchase & Manipulation Of The MSM"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by rstregooski
Alright, meow..

I have seen this claim blasted all over various websites, over and over:

J.P. Morgan Interests Buy 25 of America's Leading Newspapers and Insert Editors

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917, page 2947

Congressman Calloway announced that the J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media.

The problem in my mind is the fact that this claim is extremely hard to verify online, let alone find any scans of this particular congressional record page showing the actual transcripts. This lack of source or substance is not a very good stance when dealing with the skeptics or "nay-sayers". So I decided to go to my local government depository and pull out the microfilm for this particular record.

Now, Calloway goes on to discuss the danger of falsely reported events as a grounds for American sentiment accepting the United States entry into the ongoing WWI.

Interestingly enough, not even 2 months after Calloway's words are inserted into the official record, the United States of America declared war on Germany (April 6th, 1917)..

Your thoughts?
Good day...

top topics

join