It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Ancestors: Yeigh or Neigh?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

So are we just a giant science experiment of a similar looking alien race? Or we all just created by one person, God himself? You be the judge.

I have researched this topic to death, and believe rather strongly that an intelligent race of ETs took a being they found here, living on the planet, and intermeshed their DNA with the being, producing what we know as human beings of today. Who or what created the whole universe and everything in it is beyond me, but whatever it was, I don't think it is coming back to check up on it's creation. The ideas for religion sprang from the ET, probably Annunaki, who posed as Gods to the people, and had what we would call supernatural powers, and technological devices that bordered on Magick. When they left, they left human/ET hybrids in charge. These eventually died off, but the idea of a "man of God" is still today very strong in Christian circles.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The "loopholes" you speak of, which an individual may choose to fill with ancient alien claptrap, are mere holes in that individual's knowledge about the past.

Well, you came to this thread knowing the subject-matter, and now you call it "ancient alien" claptrap?

I gave my opinion (informed by many other great thinkers) on the matter as my chosen theory.

To really discuss ancient aliens one would require a thread that is more friendly to a convergence of subject matters and possible proofs.

Those who disagree with my opinion can belittle me or my phrases as they like.
(And usually that's all they do).
They cannot give a sound account of the direct ancestry of man with various DNA or skeletal proofs.
They will not argue their own point, instead they will just keep repeating that mine is wrong and has no proof!

I gave my opinions and I say "Yeigh"!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I myself have many theories regarding the origins of life on Earth, they follow your own. For example the Earth is nothing more than a planet sized laboratory in which all manner of genetic experiment took place, first experiment resulted in the dinosaurs, but with having such small brains and being very instinctual they were deemed useless and so the lab was sterilised, (set of a large nuclear device to cleanse the surface etc) OR the dinosaurs actually evolved. They discovered their own origins and began experimenting with creating life, this resulted in us. Which could explain the origins of man and of the frequently documented reptillian race that seem to be so interested in us. Which would stand to reason if they were our creators and would also explain their lack of empathy towards something that is no more than just genetic material to them. To the religious among you i appologise for my theorising that your great deity could simply be a 8 foot tall lizard man.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth

Neigh.
The DNA evidence doesnt support such an idea.
Everything we know about human DNA leads us to conclude its just a minor variant of other apes we're related to.
There isnt any mysterious extra thing in our DNA that came from somewhere else.

I have to disagree. It leads us (with our current knowledge) to GUESS that we EVOLVED from certain order of PRIMATES. As for your last line, all of our DNA is a mystery. We don't know where it came from.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There have been theories and claims that aliens either built or supervised the building of monuments and pyramids around the world not to mention giving us advance technology all the while building underground bases and doing genetic experiments to make humans out of apes.

I read claims of reverse engineering technology that we use most especially of certain aircraft that we put together with rivets and aluminum parts but never seem to have gotten the power-plants figured out, so we have to use Pratt and Whitney turbo fans or something similar to power them.

Velcro, lasers, masers, night vision, you name it all have been credited to alien technology by some claims.

My goodness with all of that going on not to mention all of the secret meetings and mini wars with the aliens on a few sites and their constant contact with the average joe, It would seem that one scrap of their existence would show up clearly for scrutiny.

I vote neigh until there is more than misinterpreted scrolls, paintings, and baseless claims that can't be substantiated with something more concrete but only alluded to as fact. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I have to disagree. It leads us (with our current knowledge) to GUESS that we EVOLVED from certain order of PRIMATES. As for your last line, all of our DNA is a mystery. We don't know where it came from.

I know exactly where my DNA came from. And I know where their DNA came from, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Explain how an asteroid landed in the ice caps that had traces of thymine and adenine on it. it could have been contaminated cause the water doesnt have dna..
Life could very well be everywhere. and it grows in the minor events it does here, just like it would on another planet. it would make itself survive.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1Neigh.
Everything we know about human DNA leads us to conclude its just a minor variant of other apes we're related to.
BS alert!

Without a sample of alien DNA (who may also be related to apes!) you have no way of telling.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by alfa1

Explain how an asteroid landed in the ice caps that had traces of thymine and adenine on it. it could have been contaminated cause the water doesn't have dna.
Thymine and adenine are chemically just nitrogen containing aromatic hydrocarbons. They aren't necessarily an indicator that the "asteroid" (meteorite?) has been in contact with carbon based life before coming to Earth as they are believed to be present in interstellar dust. They are "components" of a DNA (RNA too in the case of Adenine) molecule but can probably also form in space independently of life.

Their presence in space has important implications for the idea that life may be more universal than many scientists suspect. There was an interesting report in Science Today some of you may be interested in.

Life exists on Earth because of a delicate combination of chemical ingredients. Using a theoretical model, Glaser is hypothesizing the existence of adenine in interstellar dust clouds. Those same clouds may have showered young Earth with adenine as it began cooling billions of years ago, and could potentially hold the key for initiating a similar process on another planet.
SOURCE: www.sciencedaily.com...

ETA: This of course puts the yeah sayers on more solid ground.

edit on 13/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I meant meteorite, sorry. I mean, those are the basic building blocks of DNA(A-T/G-C) true they need a bonding substance like hydrogen, but theres tons of hydrogen in our sun, more than likely, a lot of other places. With RNA- its uracil, or something with a u, but that means DNA had been replicated, meaning life had starting forming. right?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Harte

The "loopholes" you speak of, which an individual may choose to fill with ancient alien claptrap, are mere holes in that individual's knowledge about the past.

Well, you came to this thread knowing the subject-matter, and now you call it "ancient alien" claptrap?

I gave my opinion (informed by many other great thinkers) on the matter as my chosen theory.

To really discuss ancient aliens one would require a thread that is more friendly to a convergence of subject matters and possible proofs.

Those who disagree with my opinion can belittle me or my phrases as they like.
(And usually that's all they do).
They cannot give a sound account of the direct ancestry of man with various DNA or skeletal proofs.
They will not argue their own point, instead they will just keep repeating that mine is wrong and has no proof!

I gave my opinions and I say "Yeigh"!

Sure.

And we can't give a "sound account of the direct ancestry of" mice either.

Alien mice hybrids, slave mice, created for one purpose and one purpose only - to collect seeds and collect cheese...

Wait

Alien-mice hybrids, slave mice, created for two purposes and two purposes only, to collect seeds, to collect cheese and to chew on electrical wiring...

Wait

Alien-mice hybrids, slave mice, created for three purposes and three purposes only, to collect seeds, to collect cheese and to chew on electrical wiring...

BTW, what "other great thinkers" have informed your sparkly opinions?

And yes, I said "ancient alien claptrap." It is claptrap, and claptrap is what it is.

Actually it's worse that claptrap. Claptrap is somewhat benign. This ridiculous and unfounded idea about ancient aliens is actually harmful to the future well-being of the idiots that espouse it, assuming they believe it and aren't just in it for the money like VonDaniken and Tsoukalos, Hancock, Sitchen, Cremo, Pye, Childress, et al.

It's harmful to you in that it damages your ability to think critically and trains your mind to be lazy.

Maybe you think that's a good thing.

It ain't.

Harte

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Wrong.

The adenine, thymidine and so on are just the base. DNA is made of bases, phosphate and sugars. The base is just a part (albeit a defining part) of the molecule. Also hydrogen isn't a bonding substance although it can activate reactions and allow bonding.

The upshot is that it is only really evidence of the potential of interstellar dust to trigger life. That does not mean there is no life "out there" of course.

Watch this video and you will see what I mean. If you want some pointers on the basics of molecular genetics then drop me a U2U but I'm going to get my wrist slapped for going off topic if I don't stop here.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I see what you are saying.
I dont know how to U2U or whatever, I would love to talk about this.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I say current evidence strongly favors no alien intervention.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Edit: Double for fun
edit on 13-10-2011 by RuneSpider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have found an interesting article about "Building Blocks of DNA found in Meteorites From Space..."

www.foxnews.com...

So...I am thinking perhaps some of my ancestors are from other planets.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

In my opinion, if you go high enough you just have God but I definately am behind the ancient astronaut theory, so yeigh. Even if we were some advanced alien's science project gone out of control. Im sure they had a creator and their creator had a creator and so on. I pretty much look at human life as mainly asking questions of why were here and when we get the answers... ask more questions in disbelief. I wouldnt be surprised if a mothership showed up in the sky tomorrow and declared war on earth if humans refused to grow up and the next day everyone everyone called it an "unidentified flying object" and went about their day asking themselves more questions like nothing happened. The MSM would still be more interested in who killed Michael Jackson and the "bums" occupying wall street. Obama would still be pulled into the blame game every night on FOX and the few of us with an actual brain would be waiting for the warships to show up while scouting for a bunker and supplys. Since that hasnt happened yet I hope when I get some solid proof or answers to any number of the things Id like to know, that Im paying attention enough to see its what Im looking for.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth

Neigh.
There isnt any mysterious extra thing in our DNA that came from somewhere else.

Kindly tell me where I fit in. Rh-neg AB. No Rhesus dna in me.

Just sayin'...

Des

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Neigh. The DNA evidence doesnt support such an idea.

I can tell that neither of us are experts on DNA so I won't try and act like one. But from what I hear evidence supports the opposite of what you said. I'm sure many will disagree, but I have heard various sources hint at this. I have also heard sources claiming your point as well. No one knows for sure I guess.

I firmly believe that our origins are extra-terrestrial.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Diplomat
I believe that intelligent life most likely exists throughout the Universe, however I don't think they have been to our planet.

I believe that all of the alien/UFO propaganda, whether it be on TV, in the movies, radio, etc, is all part of a slow conditioning program preparing the public for a false flag alien event. When will it happen? Who knows, probably not any time soon... they still have options such as collapsing the global economy, world wars, etc. Don't fall for it when it does happen though!

Hmmm, the problem for me with the false flag thing is that if you use the same premise (saturation in movies, radio, books etc.) then there is also a false flag for Ghosts, wizards, vampires etc. which all have been recurring themes, all of those longer (or at least as long) as alien visitation.

You're assuming that the only evidence for a false flag alien event is the propaganda in the media and hollywood.

Why is it that most defectors from certain secret societies all say the same thing? They say that the last card is the alien card, after all other avenues for world government have been explored. None of them ever say that the last resort attempt at setting up a world government will be some fake "Ghost" event or "Vampire" event.

Even Carol Rosin who was Werner Von Braun's assistant said he told her about the false flag alien event, which would come after the communist threat, terrorist threat, and asteroid threat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join