It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to GrandpaDave?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Is this why? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because this would make booze maybe?

Edit: But why not delete the thread?
edit on 13-10-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
INCREASE THE FLAGS....get this topic some attention!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yes grandpa dave was also daddybear. I thought the pistol in his post looked familiar. Wonder what the reasoning behind his banning was? From what I can tell every single thread he started under either account were both courteous and informative.
Maybe it was a mistake?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
Is this why? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because this would make booze maybe?

Edit: But why not delete the thread?
edit on 13-10-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

I see nothing wrong with that thread...though it did end abruptly. I also went to his get home bag thread, all seemed perfectly fine there. I saw not one single warning posted in either thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
RIP daddybear.
glad he gave me the link to his scribd account before he got banned
ive read quite a few of his posts and never seen anything that would give reason for banning him.

we would all like to hear from a mod on this topic, hopefully it doesnt effect privacy but i think banning someone is a public thing

Lets hope he makes a new account soon

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Smells like conspiracy to me

DaddyBare = BANNED

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
Smells like conspiracy to me

DaddyBare = BANNED

From his profile.....what a loss of an asset and Friend to all...

Mood: Some people nee

ATS Points: 314,625

Flags: 4,987

Stars: 9,250

WATS Index: 124

Threads Started: 754

Applause: 105

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
We need to keep this thread alive so keep posting and flagging. Might be time for a DE-Occupy ATS boycott. So find your nearest park and unlike OWS - no computers allowed.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have only been here a short while and have read only a handful of his threads but he has always been most sincere whilst talking to others... I have flagged to help this get attention. Let's hope it isn't anything severe we all have missed

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
we are not suppose to talk about other posters its a no no

he will be missed thats for sure but id drop the conversation.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
yeah hes banned, check some of his posts... cant star him anymore...

I remember seeing a post from him saying that he was "starting over" with a new account on ATS... maybe banned for previous actions? I think it was the forum abbreviations thread

things happen i guess...

I myself wonder what happened to Boondock Saint
edit on 13-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

Oh, wow, Morder1, I was just gonna say the same thing about Boondock! I think we need to send out as search team....LOL

I'm shocked at this GrandpaDave banning. WTH? I can't imagine him getting banned for anything. I did think it was weird that all of a sudden he went from DaddyBare to GrandpaDave with the same avatar, but I didn't know anything about a banning.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Please delete sorry
edit on 13-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: oops

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Dave will be missed, I enjoyed much of what he wrote.

I do remember a recent post with a large copy and paste from an outside website, which is a T&C violation. In response to someone pointing out that it was a copy and paste, Dave commented that he was the origonal author... Then someone pointed out that the C&P site's Survival guy was dead now or something, so... maybe this could be a reason for banning... None the less he will be missed... It is our nature to be curious as to why he is gone, but we have no right to question ATS's authority.

Mod's if I have overstepped my bounds & have a T&C violation, please feel free to remove this post & dock my points or whatever you feel needed. I only posted to help give some insight from my point of view as to why one of our cherished members is no longer with us... I understand that you guy's have a tough job and have tough decisions to make, everyday! If he is truly banned I am sure it was due to a legitimate reason, and you guys have the final word, so nothing more can be said.

No conspiracy here I am sure, but a sorely missed member.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Anyone who violates the Terms and Conditions will be banned.

GranpaDave/DaddyBare was a good friend of mine and of several other staff members.
He is a very fine person, considerate, respectful and a great contributor, we all agree on that.

If you would like "pay respect" to GranpaDave how about posting your own thread in the survival forum and sharing something helpful like he did?

End of discussion, really, please?

edit on 13-10-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Erased my original post, but I have to say this, can't help it.

I know the rules, but perhaps they could be altered to take into account the quantity of quality posts one has made.

edit on 13-10-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

I do remember a recent post with a large copy and paste from an outside website, which is a T&C violation. In response to someone pointing out that it was a copy and paste, Dave commented that he was the origonal author... Then someone pointed out that the C&P site's Survival guy was dead

That would be the reason right there !

Quite a few big threaders have been banned this year, for posting blatant lies, were they been found out..this site does attract walter mitty type characters.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Whatever ATS!

Grandpa Dave Banned!!!

He was my favorite member.

Forget about him and post a thread in the survival forum he says.

DaddyBare had content that made your threads look like childs play.

ATS is seriously losing it. And possibly me too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

DaddyBare had content that made your threads look like childs play. ATS is seriously losing it. And possibly me too.

I take it, your referring to Asktheanimals.

From my understanding, the guy in question(GranpaDave/DaddyBare), posted a thread, claiming to be his own work, when it was discovered it wasn't his own work, and was a blatant copy and paste job, which puts all his other threads in question, and lowers the reputation of ATS.

So how in the world, does he make Asktheanimals threads look like child's play, when Asktheanimals posts all his own work, i don't understand your logic here ?

I know were not ment to talk about, other members, but i had to say my piece on this matter, and let it be a warning for all others that post material claiming it to be there own.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

edit on 13/10/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't mind if he's gone, but we deserve atleast some sort of closure on the issue.

Hearing of a large C & P job is atleast something.

Hopefully the ban isn't for too long.
edit on 13-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join