It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals and Spirit: Why do animals sense more than we do - what have we lost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
About two weeks ago one of our neighbors passed away from a brain tumor.

At exactly the moment of his death at home, his two dogs started barking and howling.

Everybody mentioned it, although most people here do believe in the supernatural already, and it was seen as touching, yet quite normal.

It's in hindsight that I wonder about it.
Did those dogs see his spirit go?

I also know of a cat that was quite heroic, and alerted people to a lady who had just had a stroke.

Now if animals are so psychic, then have we lost something as humans?

I wonder what it is exactly, and how we lost it?
edit on 12-10-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

They can see the spirits. When a person is about to leave their body, if you can see (some humans can see, but don't talk about it), you will see the spirit leave the body.

Look at how some dogs will stare off into a corner or what have you, and see how they stare or bark. Same with young babies as well. When we grow up, many will tell you nothing is there and we run with it, and lose the sight.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Most of us have lost touch with nature... Death is natural, and a part of life.

We live in a world of distraction, and thus most of us have lost our natural connection to other life in this world...

Animals, though civilized don't have the same distractions as we do, so this connection to other life is still strong.

The same thing happens when a dogs master is on his way home. The dog will act as if he knows, anxious and excited... and likely sit at the window or door until his master returns. This has actually been documented

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm thinking of my big German Shepherd here, and mainly what we lack are those

GIANT EARS

and that

POWERFUL NOSE.

That's where he gets most of his information.

Dogs can sniff out things like tumors. Mother cats can tell by smell that one of her babies isn't going to live. Growing up in the country taught me that if you override the mother cat and save those rejected babies, you're going to end up heartbroken and putting them to sleep yourself.

It's better we aren't that good at it. Where a mother cat will simply put a failing kitten aside and move on, we struggle to understand it, to override nature. It's what drives us to learn.

Far better that we have to struggle to understand.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If I fall on the floor and act dead my dogs will nudge me and lick my eyes.

It's in their nature to look out for what they perceive as their family.

Or if I'm upset and crying, they will come over to me and try to lick/nudge me. They perceive that I am whining, something dogs do when they get hurt.

Clan animals help one another, its in their nature.

edit on 10/13/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its natural selection we lost what we didnt need and gained other skills and senses.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
About two weeks ago one of our neighbors passed away from a brain tumor.

At exactly the moment of his death at home, his two dogs started barking and howling.

Everybody mentioned it, although most people here do believe in the supernatural already, and it was seen as touching, yet quite normal.

It's in hindsight that I wonder about it.
Did those dogs see his spirit go?

I also know of a cat that was quite heroic, and alerted people to a lady who had just had a stroke.

Now if animals are so psychic, then have we lost something as humans?

I wonder what it is exactly, and how we lost it?
edit on 12-10-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Interesting. Food for thought.

Twice, I had an experience of "knowing" a loved one died. In each case, I had the sense that the person wanted me to know-- so not that I am keen to it, but that the deceased were powerful and "made" me aware. Could be it was so with the dogs.

Once, while in grave danger (drunk man with a rifle, firing at me), I was in the woods, and several horses ran toward me, away from the danger-- as if I could make them safe, but also shielding me. By watching them, they let me know where the source of danger was at any given time, backing away, directing their ears, and such. Several minutes passed, and the horses began to relax, but stayed near me. When they started grazing, I knew the man was no longer near enough to frighten the horses, and so made my escape.

Lastly, I like having hound dogs, because of their superior sense of smell and hearing combined with their sense of the pack. I had two dachshunds in my life-- each one did battle with a viper to protect me. The first one finished that battle without a scratch (I was very young) and the second-- I finished the battle with a hoe, and the dog was not harmed.

I guess I am saying that animals have their use and their best use when with humans, and humans remain even more incredible-- even after death (and the animals seem to know it of humans on both sides of death).

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have a friend who for the better part of her life, could smell death on a person one to two days before they died; even seemingly healthy people. As far as I know, she was never wrong when she predicted a death. She grew weary of this ability around the age of 50 or so, and asked God to take it from her. About a year passed and she was in a very bad car accident. She had a very serious head injury which also removed a small portion of her skull. As a part of her injuries, she lost her sense of smell completely.

Perhaps we do have these abilities, and we (as others have said), are too distracted to use them.
One other observation I have about this is to be careful of what you ask for...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The phrase "extra sensory perception," perception beyond the senses, leaves open the question "beyond whose senses?" Mine? Then most dogs and cats exhbit ESP, and in a fully natural way.

What bothers me about people who call animals "psychic" is that it demans animals' intelligence. Is it so inconceivable that the man's dogs noticed that the guy hadn't gotten up in a long while, and infer that he was gravely ill? Is it inconceivable that "at exactly the moment of his death" the dogs could see that the behavior of the living human survivors changed radically? The man is still in bed, now motionless. His breathing, once as conspicuous to them as a passing freight train is to us, is suddenly silent. Something changed, and it wasn't good.

"What we have lost," I think, is a sense of proportion about how much "better" than other warm blooded animals humans could possibly be. If humans must think of themselves as the greatest thing the universe has ever coughed up, then so be it. But be gracious in victory, and speak well of the runners who came in second and third. You beat them, if you say so, but you didn't beat them by that much.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

not to long ago Discovery channel had a special about your topic. Long story short, animals are always touching the eart in some way or another, they are intune to all changes/movements, being they are always aware of their surroundings they are more aware of energy flow. Afterall earth all its inhabitants and to the far ends of the universe there is a energy that links everything, some species are more intune with then other species.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have noticed that with two of my cats. One of my cats seemed to be able to ask me for help telepathically when he was in danger. Another cat seemed to be hissing at something paranormal that I thought I saw too.

My theory: there is some undiscovered ESP medium similar to electromagnetism. Animal subconscious brains evolved as antennas to send and receive simple ideas through this medium (telepathy). Later hominids evolved language as a more sophisticated form of communication along with more rational thinking, so the subconscious telepathic part of our brain gradually became useless and natural selection no longer kept it tuned properly.

top topics

join