It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education Attainment Levels and US Political Party Affiliation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually only half of the top 20 most population-dense states match the top educated states, and they all happen to be in the New England area, otherwise, there seems to be no trend. And a comparison to the largest urban centers in the US yields no correlation whatsoever, meaning the degree rates aren't tied to urban population sizes - meaning the only standing trend in voter preference is by education, not percentage urban population. I'd still have questions like why a state with Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Fort Worth, and Austin (five of the top 20 largest cities in the US) is so far behind in educational attainment AND democrat voters from states like Colorado, Oregon, Vermont, and other states that have lower urban populations, lower poverty rates, and other factors you seem to want to imply are at fault for progressive-leaning. You were quick to criticize the validity of my statistical argument, and then countered with an argument with no validity at all. You wouldn't happen to be bending the facts to fit your opinion instead of basing your opinion on facts, would you?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

my premise is not invalid, you are just being hardheaded.

your source is describing a set of individuals who cannot find success in a competitive environment (the market). this is the very definition of "survival of the fittest" and "Darwinism".

if you are finished attempting to undermine the consistency of my argument, you might consider promoting it to "as-if-true" status and taking it for a spin.

otherwise you remain a petty and reactive individual who has elevated his own opinion in the absence of ratonality.

and, no, I am definitely not claiming that "liberals are smarter than conservatives". I do not know why you insist on generalizing my argument which is clearly complex.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The education system has been indoctrinating the serfs into the values of the globalist oligarchy for more than 60 years

This is funny, considering that Republicans are currently being brainwashed into a thinly disguised feudal serfdom.

Anyone who believes that guaranteed retirement benefits are tyranny is not very smart.

<< 1   >>

join