It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon trough my telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hello ATS !

im happy to share you my videos taken with my telescope ,

enjoy !

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by fazeone1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fazeone1981

Thank you. That's awesome. I love the thermal convection waves and how they create that illusion of rippling movement.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Star and Flag.Keep watching. I'll be setting up my scope soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
im glad i inspired you !

dont forget to catch jupiter though ! , its very easy to spot nowadays

here s a small vid i did catching jupiter and its moon .. sorry for the shaking ! ,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
very cool video of the Moon and Jupiter.
Thank you for sharing!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Those are nice. Have you tried hooking that tele up to a ipod touch, iphone or computer?

I have three tele's but they don't have the fancy electronic mount like yours or video monitoring so it's a bit difficult but I've managed to get some pretty good images and video.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Nice video's.

I'm saving now for a new telescope (hopefully a 16" cassegrain unless I get advised otherwise, I'll do that thread when I get closer) &, though I was just hoping to take photos with mine (however video would be a bonus), I have to ask what software etc you use to capture your images ?

Sorry to be a pest but can you fill us in a little more on what you are using, image capture wise. Thanks & good job.
edit on 13/10/2011 by SNAFU38 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That was my mean concern when i wanted to buy a telescope .. i wanted an easy setup to take pictures and video ..

i have a canon t3i .. , and my telescope is a mak skywatcher cassegrain 127mm ,

i have a equilatoral mount with no motor .. gotta buy one soon though .. if i plan to take pictures of galaxies and constellations ,

i chose that mak because it has a ready made adaptor mount for my camera . you just need a T2 ring to fit your cam on it .. and bingo .. your set to take pics and vids ,

for software i just take the mem card of my cam download them on my computer , and bump them in after effects or sony vegas to edit, most of the time im not even editing them to keep its authenticity !

hope it helps and happy skywatching !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
S&F thanks for post the awesome vids what kind of setup do u have?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a canon t31 , maksutov cassgrain 127mm scope , and i baught a X3 barlow lens to have a better zoom ,

all that under probably 3 gran , and you have a great setup , that you can update when you need too !!

thats a great scope and it costs under 800 !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Excellent, i see on the 1 vid you say 1500mm, is this 1500 or 150mm s/w?, These skywatchers, are excellent value for money, i have the 130 goto, fantastic views.

The moon and jupiter are 2 of my favourite things too look at, i got lost last night for a couple of hours just looking at the big ole piece of cheese lol.

Thanks, you made my day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
fix your title though... its THROUGH. other than that cool mate

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

i have a question Brommas , is polar alignement very hard to do ? ,

i saw tutorials on youtube and it seems pretty easy but i just want to be sure ,

i just cant wait to take a picture of a galaxy or constellation !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If you hook up your tele to stellarium, sky safari or google sky may work too on your computer or an iphone you should be able to find distant galaxies automatically using your software if the tele is mounted properly. Plus it will track it automatically so no more shaky hands!
edit on 13-10-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Nice videos. I think they could be even a bit better if you zoomed out a little bit though, as the most zoomed part of these videos looked a tad blurry.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Thanks for the Tip !

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Yes i always tend to zoom more by forgetting that i lack quality , il stick to X3 or X5 minimum on my cam

thanks for the remark !

top topics

join