It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Food Rights' Judge quits to work for Monsanto law firm

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Raw milk producing farm? Not much difference between that and any kind of organic facility, except... Your comment that pasteurization "destroys the life giving qualities of the milk" Just what the hell does that actually mean? Are you saying having fecal bacteria, possible infection from cows who are pregnant, and producing antibodies in the milk specifically for the calf? Humans don't need animal antibodies, any more then we need milk "turbo-charged to maximize milk production", w/pumping cows full of bovine growth hormone. Animals maintained in clean appropriate environments, not penned together, and given a chance to walk around (same applies to chickens, pigs, anything you wish to "harvest") just are naturally healthier. The mother of the animal in question, same reason why human breast milk is best for human infants, is the species specific antibodies generated for that species. Development of natural antibodies specific to the infant, calf, etc, in-uteri.

So the alternative of dosing with antibiotics added to food, as is commonly done in non-organic environments, is pasteurization of the milk, that kills the bacteria that can kill you, me, anyone. At the same time I am a big promoter of putting little more then good quality, organic "grazing material", both wild in nature and grain based. As well as grass. And of course clean water. (good luck if anyone is doing any natural gas fracking in your area. Bad enough when the water ONLY bursts in to flames...) Again no added crap or the whole concept of "organic" goes down the crapper (no pun intended, really). You are what you eat, and whatever you eat or drink, eats.
edit on 16/10/11 by arbiture because: used a double negative, god I HATE that!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Raw milk contains enzymes that help the kid absorb the nutrients in the milk. This provides an advantage in feeding these raw materials to the young animal that consumes the milk. Pasteurization kills these very fragile enzymes making the milk nutrients less absorbing than they would naturally. I have seen very fragile immune compromised cancer patients that can eat almost nothing because they are so sick come back to life and finish their treatments. Children that are fed raw goats milk that have never had mass market formula that weigh in at 20% more than children the same body mass index because their bone is higher density.

Mineral absorption is much higher with milk that has live enzymes still in it. This is a fact.

edit on 16-10-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join