It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden warns of Rapes and Murders!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Apparently if we don't pass their Jobs bill and very quickly, chaos and other horrible things will follow!

"In 2008, when Flint had 265 sworn officers on their police force, there were 35 murders and 91 rapes in this city," Biden said. "In 2010, when Flint had only 144 police officers, the murder rate climbed to 65 and rapes--just to pick two categories--climbed to 229. In 2011, you now only have 125 shields. God only knows what the numbers will be this year for Flint if we don't rectify it."

Source

Can anyone believe this guy? He is citing these numbers and condemning his own Administration by doing so. It's actually lost on the man that this huge drop in police and rise in crime seems to have occurred almost entirely on their watch. Oh but the jobs bill will make it all better again. What happened to the last two big packages that were supposed to fix everything?

The fact this man is one heartbeat from the Adult table is a really scary thought some days.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I doubt rape and murder goes up..maybe maybe theft....that's even a stretch...Bring on the depocolypse!!!(depression+apocolypse).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I hope Biden is the silly man he's portrayed as, and not another Dick Cheney, although it will be very HARD to get to Cheney level.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well it worked twice before, so why wouldn't it work this time? Are they talking about not allowing the Congress to read this one either?

For my money I agree with ldyserenity; they should have let them declare martial law in 2008. Tired of this crap hanging over our head, Sometimes I think that is all it is for, to hang over our heads and cause the fear they seem to value so much.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I doubt rape and murder goes up....

It might be more like as described in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...where an understaffed police force simply doesnt have the resources to investigate all but the most extreme examples of a crime.

On the bright side, an innocent man falsely accused of rape by a woman will now go uninvestigated.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's pure crap. The Democrats in the Senate are blocking a vote on Obama's Bill. The Republicans to call their bluff are demanding and up and down vote and many of the Democrats in the Senate have already come out against it and they will not vote for it.

This is just a tactic to woo voters who don't know what is going on. Obama relied on the illiterate, the poor and the angry fringe to get elected. He will do the same this time. He knows even the Democrats won't vote his Bill in. It's a transparent ruse for people who probably should not be voting in the first place.
edit on 10/12/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I would imagine Congress reading this isn't the problem this time. This is the same jobs bill that none other than Harry Reid kinda shrugged at and tabled for some future time....when they get around to it. It would appear the White House rhetoric will keep ramping up until they think Congress is playing the game their way again.

Personally, I don't think that is likely to happen since they are attacking that very same Congress by running around behind them at every opportunity. Even his own party is getting fed up with it. Biden is just one heck of a guy to be allowed out to speak without close supervision.

I wonder how the people of Flint and Michigan as a whole feel about being held up in their crime stats for the world to gawk at, just so they can score a sound byte and a few political points.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wonder what his forecast is for guns finding their way into Mexico and then being used to rape and murder.

Biden is a complete tool along with every other politician!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Indeed, he is. He just displays his tool status in a way few other Politicians ever have. Quick, get Biden a teleprompter like his Boss carries everywhere. He needs speech writers and it's an emergency!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
yeah it is pure crap because crime goes up when people dont have jobs but adding more cop union jobs wont fix soneone whose not one problems.

create jobs for everyone and that generates tax revenue for people and local and state government which is a self sustaining means of wealth creation.

Biden doesnt know a job from a hole in the ground.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not to defend Obama, but I think it was a little bit more than the illiterate, poor, and angry that got him elected. It was a lose lose situation in 08 and I'd take Biden over Palin any day. I just have my fingers crossed that the Republicans can get past this Cain lunacy and get Paul in office.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

He continues:

The vice president also seemed to suggest that the Obama administration's first stimulus is the reason rapes and murders were not even higher in 2010 and 2011." And God only knows what that number would have been had we not been able to get a little bit of help," Biden said.

In other words Joe, the 1st stimulus reduced the police force as in reduced jobs.

OK - true.

How many others?

AND, how many reductions will stimulus 2 cause?

Maybe we read between the lines.

What if too many police forces become untenable?

Maybe they use contractors instead, like some prisons.

Then what happens?

Or, maybe "a little bit of help" comes from the National Guard MP's ?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Whats up with this administration always threating us?

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You mean to say that if we don't do exactly what they want, something terrible will happen? Where have I heard that one before.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

They both will go up, fewer jobs increase crimes of theft and more theft will ultimately lead to more murder under the guise of protecting property. Fewer jobs means more and more feeling disempowered and helpless leading to more rape, which is all about power.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

He continues:

The vice president also seemed to suggest that the Obama administration's first stimulus is the reason rapes and murders were not even higher in 2010 and 2011." And God only knows what that number would have been had we not been able to get a little bit of help," Biden said.

In other words Joe, the 1st stimulus reduced the police force as in reduced jobs.

OK - true.

How many others?

AND, how many reductions will stimulus 2 cause?

Maybe we read between the lines.

What if too many police forces become untenable?

Maybe they use contractors instead, like some prisons.

Then what happens?

Or, maybe "a little bit of help" comes from the National Guard MP's ?

Oh now that is something to stop me mid step. THAT thought hadn't even occurred to me, but we have heard of private police lately haven't we? Wasn't there a town in Montana that saw private 'security' show up with all the authority of POST qualified cops? Hmm... That is a real disturbing thought because you're right. If the police in places like Stockton, Ca, Topeka Kansas and Flint Michigan fall below levels they can do their jobs with, the Feds would be 'Johnny on the Spot' while saying they really regret having to do this...but...it's a CRISIS after all, so there really is no choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Yep,

could be a long term goal ......

martial law?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
here is an article and video from Dec 2008 with possibilities !

(washington post)

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Washington Post today reports on plans to station 20,000 more U.S. troops inside America for purposes of “domestic security” from September 2011, an expansion of Northcom’s militarization of the country in preparation for potential civil unrest following a total economic collapse or a mass terror attack.

“The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials,” reports the Post

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While he is fear mongering a bit, I would not doubt those numbers for one second. Flint is a pretty bad place, it comes in right behind detroit, both cities are about an hour away from me so ive seen it with my own eyes.

It kind of overlooks the root cause though, of course less police will mean more crime, but that entire town was basically built around general motors, much like detroit. When that shut down it left that town with practically nothing for jobs besides a few stores here and there near the highway but not nearly enough, and this is the consequence of the poor people that are stuck there.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Jersey City PD ranks went from 1,200 in 08 with next to no violent crime to nowadays the ranks number 660 and violent crimes are up so as we continually cut money to either keep cops employed or to hire new ones crime rates across the board are going to spike as it is now being witnessed in Detroit so with that in mind Biden is in fact correct!
edit on 13-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join