It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch Uses His Media Empire to Declare War On Occupy Wall Street!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

[color=gold]Rupert Murdoch Uses His Media Empire to Declare War On Occupy Wall Street!

Steve Doocy quoted almost verbatim from a New York Post article that highlighted the crime, drug abuse and free food at Occupy Wall Street. Here are some of the parts of the article that Doocy read almost as written on the air,
Wanted for burglary, the drug-addled fugitive said some of his hard-partying pals clued him in that the protest was a good place to be fed, get wasted and crash. “I’ve been smoking and drinking in here for eight days now,” said Dave, booze on his breath and his eyes bloodshot as he lay sprawled on a tattered sheet of cardboard. “I need to get some methadone. Every day, I wake up, and I’m f–ked up.” Drugs can be easy to score — a Post reporter was offered pot for $15 and heroin for $10.

The free chow offered to protesters was boosting the crowd.
“People say they are here for the cause, but the real reason is the free food,” quipped Cameron, 26, of Jersey City. “On my third day, they had smoked salmon with cream cheese. You know how much smoked salmon is a pound? Sixteen dollars. I eat better here than I do with my parents!”
At one point yesterday, a speaker from Washington, DC, told protesters how to break out of zip ties and handcuffs in case they get collared. The protest vet, Ryan Clayton, 30, demonstrated how use a bobby pin to spring the cuffs open — while claiming he was “not encouraging people to break out of restraints.”
News Corp owned Fox News used the quotes from the also News Corp owned Post to substantiate their claims that the people attending Occupy Wall Street are criminals, druggies, and hippies who are only there for the free food. The point of writing such stories and essentially reading them on Fox News is not only to smear Occupy Wall Street, but also to scare News Corp readers and viewers who might be having sympathetic feelings or even considering standing with the 99%.

www.politicususa.com...

[size=10][color=gold]KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

This is why I turned off my News on television several years ago and I recommend everyone to do the same when it comes to getting your information. This is not entertainment any longer this is straight up raw propaganda protecting the 1% and Rupert Murdoch criminal activities that have been exposed all over the web.

When mainstream News has to create lies like the above article, one has to know that the heat is on the 1% and is coming down. These people are getting scared of the 99% because they are making some progress and are rapidly growing.

The 1% are afraid that their propaganda machines are failing them, perhaps it is, thanks to new technologies and the global internet people can get information out by emails, blogs, video uploads, third alternative News sources websites, and communities meet ups and etc.… people will eventually wake up and see that mainstream media is protecting the 1% and hopefully will end up boycotting their propaganda networks.
edit on 12-10-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!

Our version of propaganda is called TRUTH!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wait how could this even be partially true??

Buying mj only cost 15 $ (extremely unlikely that price is way too low), and what amount (grams) was it? Yeah there's no information that I can see.

And then the offer for h for 10$? I've never even seen this junk before but I assure you it's far more expensive than 10 dollars. Come on now this is really absurd.

How misleading it sounds made up in my opinion.

Uninformed propaganda alert!

edit on 12-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

The free chow offered to protesters was boosting the crowd.
“People say they are here for the cause, but the real reason is the free food,” quipped Cameron, 26, of Jersey City. “On my third day, they had smoked salmon with cream cheese. You know how much smoked salmon is a pound? Sixteen dollars. I eat better here than I do with my parents!”

Now even IF this were true, what does it tell you??

That people are so freaking poor now that they eat better at a protest than at home? Yep!

If you cannot afford Salmon, you are poor (I would know I can't afford it).

Us poor folks eat cheap fish like Tilapia and Catfish.

This propaganda isn't even crafted correctly. They should be avoiding the aspect that people are too poor to afford Salmon in their diet. It's extremely revealing no matter which way you try to spin it.

Very poorly crafted propaganda. I am disappointed. I expect a higher level of lying from my fascist overlords. I hate being ruled by idiots.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
First the media tried to ignore this, then that blew up in their face. Now, since they are forced to cover it, they are just mocking and belittling anyone and everyone involved, and seem to only be working towards turning people against each other. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be too effective.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I stopped watching mainstream news on TV back when Clinton ran for office the second time. They were so biased they didn't even try to hide it, and still people I know. Older people who were supposed to be wise fell into the trap.
So I stopped paying any attention to it at all. I still watched some local news but that migrated into lies and diatribes as well so even though I have the most basic cable now, I only have a TV to watch movies. The cable is for high speed connection..
Once in a while I do watch a ball game, until the commercials get so rampant I can no longer stand it. then I just shut the stupid thing off.
RE to Murdoch. What else should we expect. He is under attack and owns the means to fight back with all the filth he can think of. He is part of that 1%. Not a chance he would ever allow a story in his organization to report the truth if it didn't favor him.
If the media repeatedly tells its viewers that OWS is evil they will think OWS evil. If they tell their viewers that
Monsanto doctored milk is ok, they will drink it. It will kill them, but they don't believe it. They drink it anyway because that is what CBS or NBC or FOX told them. Watch that boob tube too much and you will become part of the boob tube. It will destroy you. Indeed it can kill......
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

This is why I turned off my News on television several years ago and I recommend everyone to do the same when it comes to getting your information. This is not entertainment any longer this is straight up raw propaganda protecting the 1% and Rupert Murdoch criminal activities that have been exposed all over the web.

when you turn off the mainstream news, you lose sight of the agenda, if you rely on places like ATS for your news, you dont see how bad the poor saps have it the swallow down the dribble adnausium.

watch the news and it makes it easier to explain to the people who are easily mislead by it what it is they are not showing you.
a few times I have used the mainstream to show that it isnt news they are watching at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree they are stumbling and bumbling all over their outrages lies, hopefully enough people will wake up and join the 99% even if it for the chow, perhaps we can have some healthy people protesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That shill Glenn Beck also had the same report word for word as you have posted it here.

TPTB must becoming quite worried about this movement growing.

The MSM is full of distractions today, there is a full court press to kill the coverage of the occupy movement.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Some of them are criminals and drug addicts. How does cutting yourself off from information help you? It does not. It makes you an easy target to control in fact.

Some of the protestors are decent folks and probably most are. That does not mean the others are not there because they are.

Take it from an old Vietnam War Protestor, the druggies and the drunks always show up along with the violent wanna be anarchists looking to loot or vandalize. They show up at any event of any size. No sense in denying it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

watch the news and it makes it easier to explain to the people who are easily mislead by it what it is they are not showing you.
a few times I have used the mainstream to show that it isnt news they are watching at all.

I agree with you; however I choose to stop watching it because I had enough stress in my life and I didn’t need propaganda to cause my blood pressure to explode. At the time I was on ATS and was seeing where the News outlets were lying. I saw the credible sources and that is something mainstream Media doesn’t like to show, because they are lying.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If you want to see the big dope table at Occupy Wall Street take a look at this picture.

That is from this article.

www.wired.com...

Milo Gonzalez, 20, left, rolls tobacco with friends. #OWS is providing cigarettes to all the protesters. Paddy Dore, 23, in yellow, says smokers can "pay if they can, or not if they can't."

And if you want to see where the rumor started. the sence is at 3:50.

You might know him better from this photo.

Oh and he is still on probation and not even supposed to be in New York. He plead guilty to breaking into the Senate building on scam to wire tape the phones Nixon style.

www.newser.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It is nothing but a big drugfest out there.

This is a classic tactic of the protest organizations, keeping the sheeple drugged, giving beer budget loafers champagne lifestyle food, orgies in the streets.
It's all an orchestrated atmosphere of collectivism.
All of that was planned out and paid for by professional "community organizers" who have honed their craft worldwide over decades to serve their globalist masters.

The sheep are being lulled for a shearing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You forgot a few. Like the guy taking a dump on a car. It's floating around out there somewhere. You don't actually think all these people are real protestors do you?

You do know that some of the food and stuff being passed out is paid for by money from Soros right? You know the guy who is supposedly who they are protesting against? MoveOn is a government shill bought and paid for by Soros. Van Jones a former Czar in the Obama White House is in on it. SEIU the recipient of huge sums of money from Obama is in the middle of it. I don't find anyone involved telling them to go away. Do you?

It may have started as a real protest, now it's an Obama campaign tool. Whatever it was sold out to a political party. The Congress Persons are falling all over themselves to be part of it. They are all over the News, Right, Left and everywhere else. This is getting lots and lots of coverage.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This was what I figured would happen and last Monday morning I started a thread about what a radio talk show was saying...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So they're rolling smokes, lol. Its cheaper than paying for a package.
And if someone wants a smoke they should be allowed to have one.

Im sure there are some people there that smoke pot (and i am a pot advocate, so im not going to press the matter any further)
And drink. Psh, so what. Get over it. Im sure theres a tonne of homeless there too. But what you see is thousands of people marching. The people who dont wanna march, wouldnt go marching.
And the movement gets donations from people. It is not funded by anyone. And anyone trying to take said movement, is going to get booed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Dont buy into the propaganda, lol.
It's so obviously fake that it hurts. They're making crap up off the top of their heads. "Oh, im sure that 90 year old grannie there is right into the heroin"
Hah.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Wait how could this even be partially true??

Buying mj only cost 15 $ (extremely unlikely that price is way too low), and what amount (grams) was it? Yeah there's no information that I can see.

And then the offer for h for 10$? I've never even seen this junk before but I assure you it's far more expensive than 10 dollars. Come on now this is really absurd.

How misleading it sounds made up in my opinion.

Uninformed propaganda alert!

edit on 12-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I'm sure the dealers cater to people (especially in large populated areas)
with anything at or above a 10 dollar bill. That is besides the point.

I do not think it is true. I highly doubt they were offered like that.
Dealers usually have people referred to them from other junkies,
a plain and blatant lie here I do not believe some dealer is walking
around to everyone telling them he has some junk for sale because
you never know if your talking to an undercover or a rat.

It is ALL propaganda. I am sure their feeling were hurt when
Geraldo Rivera got booed out of the protest!!..

Free food? That can be had at the local meals on wheels and salvation army..
I am sure there are a *few* people who are using the place for food but
to say the majority is insane and sounds very unlikely.
edit on 12-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Great video of propaganda, its outrages what did he did he had to hand pick two men out of thousands that cannot speak well and perhaps have very little education, this was done to make the viewer’s believe that the Wall Street protesters are all idiots. All big movement has to have some kind of capital in order to succeed.

This guy is acting as if all the Wall Street posters are in this just to make a buck and score some dope, this is very misleading. Of course there are few people in the movement that may not be honest, however not everyone is like that and you just demonstrated how the mainstream Media goes about creating and airing their propaganda.

edit on 12-10-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As a note. Who would be stupid enough to do that when the entire area is covered with police?
That would be detrimental do business don't ya think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join