It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites to show to those who do not believe in extraterrestrial life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Someone on reddit made and posted this site yesterday. I think I will use it to show to some of my sceptical friends

arealiens.com...

Do you guys know of any other good sites to link to?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well done site....

I've bookmarked it for future reference. TY

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by opnmind

Someone needs to let the author of the site you link to, know that it needs proof reading.

Donald Keyhole is surely meant to be Donald Keyhoe? I did google and there IS a Donald Keyhole but Im sure thats because others have made the same mistake.

Just makes a site more credible when names are correct along with grammar, spelling etc.

ETA: Taking a further look at the link, having the Dome of the Rock ' UFO' and a few other heartily debunked vids there hardly gives the site any credibility at all IMO. What a shame.
edit on 12-10-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good, but I see some there whose credibility is in question. The emphasis for such a site should be quality.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Michio Kaku has never said that aliens are real and are here for a start!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I did not know that appeals-to-authority constituted proof.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Certain Astronauts....such as Mitchell and Mustgrave....are old enough....and famous enough....that they can get away with divulging a few observations on E.T. But this is just the tip of the iceburg and the entire reality is so much more that a few stories by former astronauts does little to awaken the public....I was going to say consciousness but it is more like unconsciousness.

Most people don't care or don't have a clue and prefer it that way. This is why something of this magnitude is still after all these years and observations...stilll considered by the majority of the populous to be a fringe concept.

This of course fits very nicely into the Agencies agenda....and as I have said before....this is probably a good thing. It may not be a good thing for open minded people who long for someone of political stature to disclose the reality of E.T.....but the utter chaos that would ensue after something like that were to happen is not justification to make those people who are actually thinking...happy. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
here's some ancient evidence that'll knock your socks off!
these passages are in the book of enoch.

And I saw a deep abyss, with columns ⌈⌈of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns⌉⌉ of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth.

I saw there seven stars like great burning mountains, and to me, when I inquired regarding them, 14. The angel said: 'This place is the end of heaven and earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. 15. And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed time

1. And I proceeded to where things were chaotic. 2. And I saw there something horrible: I saw neither a heaven above nor a firmly founded earth, but a place chaotic and horrible. 3. And there I saw seven stars of the heaven bound together in it, like great mountains and burning with fire. 4. Then I said: 'For what sin are they bound, and on what account have they been cast in hither?' 5. Then said Uriel, one of the holy angels, who was with me, and was chief over them, and said: 'Enoch, why dost thou ask, and why art thou eager for the truth? 6. These are of the number of the stars ⌈of heaven⌉, which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and are bound here till ten thousand years, the time entailed by their sins, are consummated.' 7.

And from thence I went to another place, which was still more horrible than the former, and I saw a horrible thing: a great fire there which burnt and blazed, and the place was cleft as far as the abyss, being full of great descending columns of fire: neither its extent or magnitude could I see, nor could I conjecture. 8. Then I said: 'How fearful is the place and how terrible to look upon!' 9. Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?' And I answered: 'Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain.' 10. And he said ⌈⌈unto me⌉⌉: 'This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever.'

and how, you might ask, did enoch see these things?

1. And they took ⌈and⌉ brought me to a place in which those who were there were like flaming fire, and, when they wished, they appeared as men.

the guy was "abducted" that's how!

the book of enoch is thousands of years old.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Having Robert Dean, Clifford Stone and Alex Collier on there will not do the Believers cause any favours!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Good, but I see some there whose credibility is in question. The emphasis for such a site should be quality.

The problem with that is that everyone has a different opinion on who is or isn't credible. I can find a dozen on ATS here easily that will tell you the old astronauts are doddering old fools looking for attention in their declining years

Truth is relative. Without doing your own research and following up stories, no one is credible
And so far, no matter how good the story, no matter how credible the story teller, we still don't have a real photo of a visitor or a piece of a crashed saucer we can touch and stick in the lab

That doesn't mean the story isn't worth anything

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Clifford Stone

Clifford Stone used to be Top Dog here at ATS... had a section for FOIA documents and a whole team of ATS archivist working them

So what ever happened to knock him of the pedestal?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by opnmind
Someone on reddit made and posted this site yesterday. I think I will use it to show to some of my sceptical friends

arealiens.com...

Outstanding! Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by opnmind

arealiens.com...

What do you mean "other" good sites? That one isn't good.

The first story, Mitchell's UFO landing story, is a fraud. It wasn't his camera crew and they never filmed a UFO landing, and he got caught lying about it.

There were some photographs taken of what appeared to be a balloon, but it never landed. And Cooper wasn't even involved in the photography as he claimed.

Michio Kaku doesn't say aliens are here. He doesn't doubt that aliens can exist somewhere, but that's also true of most skeptics, so I don't see how that helps.

Ed Mitchell has never seen anything, I don't see how his testimony helps at all.

I could a go on but I really don't think that's a very good site to convince any skeptic. Gordon Cooper isn't the only liar on the list, there are others.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
reply to post by opnmind

Someone needs to let the author of the site you link to, know that it needs proof reading.

Donald Keyhole is surely meant to be Donald Keyhoe? I did google and there IS a Donald Keyhole but Im sure thats because others have made the same mistake.

Just makes a site more credible when names are correct along with grammar, spelling etc.

ETA: Taking a further look at the link, having the Dome of the Rock ' UFO' and a few other heartily debunked vids there hardly gives the site any credibility at all IMO. What a shame.
edit on 12-10-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

Fixed to Keyhoe. Also, Dome of the Rock incident was hurt by same old disinformation act, mix truth with lies. Of the 4 footages available, number 3 with the american woman speaking in the background was fake. The other three were not.

Can you find more typos and errors? Feel free to run through the site and look for more.

I'll forward any suggestions of news articles, incidents, videos, fixes etc.
edit on 13-10-2011 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by torsion
Clifford Stone

Clifford Stone used to be Top Dog here at ATS... had a section for FOIA documents and a whole team of ATS archivist working them

So what ever happened to knock him of the pedestal?
I've got nothing against his FOIA documents. However regarding the rest of his claims, Kevin Randle's site has some interesting commentary:

Exopolitics

Not that I trust everything Randle has to say completely, but since he was a soldier, I find his comments about Stone's claims regarding his soldiering to carry some weight. But Randle bottom lines it like this:

there is no way to verify his claims because he would refuse to answer the specific questions, claiming that he was not free to release the classified details. With no way to verify his claims there simply is no reason to accept his story as being true.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Do these people endorse that website and know that they are being associated with a certain belief?

Maybe I'll ask them to confirm it before I read into it too much.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not a bad site. There are a lot of misconceptions people have about UFOs since it is a subject that still receives a lot of ridicule. I've had people say things to me like "If UFOs are real, then why are the only seen in the United States?", "All UFO cases have been explained and debunked" or "No real scientists take UFOs seriously". All these statements are clearly not true to anyone here who has taken interest in the UFO phenomenon, but uninformed people generally do not know that the UFO phenomenon is much more than Roswell and crazy rednecks saying they were abducted. That's what I thought until I started taking a serious look into the subject twelve years ago. I think this site could help a lot if sent to skeptics or newcomers to the UFO world, although I wish it were a bit more neutral.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Do these people endorse that website and know that they are being associated with a certain belief?

Maybe I'll ask them to confirm it before I read into it too much.

Associated with a certain belief?
edit on 13-10-2011 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The best evidence is really personal research. A website or even article, will often have the author's bias, without addressing the counterpoints.

For example, for all of the Roswell case's good evidence, there is also a lot of downright lying by some of the witnesses. Had it not been for the military's own actions (which shoot down the Mogul explanation), Mogul would be a pretty acceptable explanation. In the end, I believe Roswell does represent a time when we recovered an alien craft.

However, I had to examine and evaluate (for myself) all of the evidence on both sides. From the engineer claiming flowery tape was to blame for the symbols on the I-beams, a child claiming she saw balloon debris and nothing more, the photos with the debris in the office, etc., to the story about an archeological team finding the recovery, etc.

Even though the case has many problems, for me, the military actions are still the best evidence for it being something extraordinary...(the press release of a recovered flying disc, the flights of the debris to foreign tech bases, and the secret being kept for decades).

So, in the end, one really has to decide after examining all the evidence they can lay their hands on, and then make an informed decision.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You made a thread to advertise your website?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join