It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Protester Wants College Paid For Because That's What He Wants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Meet a occupy Wall Street Protestor pay for his education cause thats what he wants and "i get all my info from the internet" really shows.

talk about the dumbing down of America so how many more are there chanting it up at OWS?

the clueless leading the hopeless no amount of cash for education is going to fix that dudes problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A video I also want to share, it's a beautiful video. Cried a tear near the end.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

so what does the arab spring a bunch of radical islamic extremists who want their free crap have anything to do with ows?

no wait never mind their not just raping and killing anyone yet gotcha yeah right that was "beautiful" if your a fan of chez,mao,chavez and stalin.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If he gets all his info from the internet, that still puts him ahead of at least 90% of the other people there.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Or you know, it is because it is what the majority of the developed world does.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just another guy making a fool of himself. But you don't know until you ask.

I've been following the OWS movement as a observer here where I live and here we are, going on what?, 24-25 days non stop and they still don't have a cohesive message.

It's collapsing under it's own weight. they can't keep it up, especially with winter coming on. The Unions and others throwing money at it are wasting funds.

I'd love to be there when the DWS goes up to SEIU and asks for donations.

"We'd love to, but we gave most of it to OWS...will a fiver do?"

Chances are they'll ask for a bail out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
point of the matter is economic collapse has been closer and closer, and ppl still act like they can still live like theres no problems... bottom line.. smaller governemnt is needed period.. time to bring troops home and build up not ohh we gotta have war cause we said soo.. make up some fake lies

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The only problem I see with the “Arab Spring” is that they are replacing a dictatorial regime with a theocratic one that is even less tolerant.

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.aina.org...

But I keep hearing from people at the OWS as to how tolerant the “Arab Spring” is and how they want to emulate it.

I hate to say this, but if this is their idea of tolerance, I’m grabbing my weapon.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

OMG...you got me rolling on the dang floor

SnF OP

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Forget about the wars and the people
who are DYING. Forget about the massive
money spent on war. Forget about peoples
dads, mothers, brothers, sisters, ect. who are being
killed everyday. NO I WANT FREE COLLEGE waaaaaah
ME ME ME..

Let protest all out debts we have built up to be wiped clean
the war can wait right?

A bunch of losers.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh no! Someone wants something that you disagree with. He might not be the brightest bulb in the box, but he has an opinion, and he's making that known. Seriously, he said several times that it was just his opinion, and it wasn't really based on any facts...it was the interviewer who kept asking for some fact to back it up when the guy made it clear it was just an opinion...opinions don't need to be based on facts. That's why they are opinions.

The interviewer only gave one statistic...the corporate tax rate is 35%, the highest in the world...guess what...that 35% doesn't take into account all of the loopholes. When you take those into account, the tax rate is NEGATIVE in many cases. G.E. is the obvious example.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

yeah well according to statistics i have read half this country doesnt pay any taxes and were not talking about corporations.

and the dude did say that 1% percent pays 40% percent of all taxation in the country.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I got some facts to back up this guys opinion.

It costs more to incarcerate a prisoner than it does to send someone to college. So instead of locking up people for marijuana possession, we could send people that actually deserve college to college, and actually save money.

To the person saying all of the stuff about war...are you serious?

You realize if we weren't in the wars in the first place, we'd actually be able to send everyone to college, right?
Or are you trying to say that we shouldn't send kids to college, we should send them to war?

I don't agree with the guys opinion, but mocking him for an opinion is immature and it reveals your character, or lack thereof.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Corporations wanted person status because that's what they wanted and they got it.
They wanted to export jobs to India and other nations so they could pay slave wages because that's what they wanted and they got that too.

But it's all ok for them to want and take because that's the american way and we can't be thought of as punishing success, right?

Why aren't they labeled lazy, dirty hippies wanting a handout, when we give corporations handouts all the time? Why is it wrong to ask that some of our taxes go toward college education? Where are our taxes going anyway? Oh right, to the politicians that keep voting in salary increases and health care we can only dream of...then they take our tax money to their banks along with their coroprate "incentives" to stack the deck in corporate favor.

How dare we be mad?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
when will the liberals/left learn that the Democrats are never going to send THEM to college for free.

the democrats would lose far too much of their voting base if that many people had college educations, and even more so if those college educated people found jobs.

democrats dont wont that. they love uneducated people who rely on govt handouts to survive. thats the bulk of their voters.

but go on, keep bashing the tea party and republicans and people who dont think the US should be paying for illegal immigrants to go to OUR colleges INSTEAD OF US.

keep your heads firmly buried in the sand. ignorance truly is bliss isnt it? well, at least until the government runs out of bliss to give you. then its the evil corporations are evil and stole all your bliss.

my opinion. there should be community college type deals that are extremely affordable. few thousand dollars to attend and get your degree, not $50,000. of course grants/loans/scholarships exist, but you have to be a legal US citizen if youre getting money from our govt that you arent paying back. period. if you find that so offensive, then stay in your home country since "every other industrial country pays for their educations bla bla bla". if they can figure out a way to do something like this without simply raising taxes. id support it. not perfect, but with some work im sure it could be possible.

then again, there would still be a huge portion who wouldnt even bother to go either way. because why waste a few years educating yourself when the govt is there to give you handouts for everything else too. just look at high school dropout rates in some areas. you think theyre going to stick around for even more school when they cant be irked to go through 4 easy years of high school?

we got bigger problems here than just "i want free school" really

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The only problem I see with the “Arab Spring” is that they are replacing a dictatorial regime with a theocratic one that is even less tolerant.

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.aina.org...

But I keep hearing from people at the OWS as to how tolerant the “Arab Spring” is and how they want to emulate it.

I hate to say this, but if this is their idea of tolerance, I’m grabbing my weapon.

Well after the ATS poll showing the majority of OWS supporters want violence, and the posts I've been seeing around here, especially this one: Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary

Anyone with a brain should stop and think of where this may lead to. And if it does, respond accordingly. I've been saying for some time now that these people want their way "or else" and they are making that case for me every day.
edit on 14-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

join