It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash Transactions Banned on Used Goods in Louisiana!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Placing a book mark to come back later.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well thats fine..........In that case, since youre going to tell me what i can buy with my own money........

Then Captain America/Gov, you can no longer buy ANYTHING made in China or Taiwan.....you can no longer buy parts or anything manufactured by foreign companies, or our own companies that DO NOT employ the vast majority of out of work Americans...all importing of goods we can manufacture here must stop............

Sound like a deal?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
it says right on the dollar "for all debts public and private".

the day Louisiana starts printing its own money is the day the can exempt transactions.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
remember folks, the "patriot act' was to stop foreign terrorist, ( how many Americans have been spied on from this law?)

the TSA was to make flying safer

ICE takes down "infringing" web sites

this law is no different, if the law can be abused, it WILL be, Duh!!!

( I bet the Feds are pissed they didn't think of this first)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Every single one of those representatives listed under "sponsors" of this bill should be targeted for removal come next election cycle. This bill is completely un-American. Governor Bobby Jindal signed this bill into law. Every time they sign a bill like this into law that's just one more step towards fascism. Every time they create bills and laws like this one and we don't raise an outcry, that just reassures TPTB that they can keep pushing more crap like this on us.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What an utter crock. Good luck trying to enforce this, since everyone, at one time or another, sells off unwanted items for cash, often to friends and neighbors. Not only are flea markets and yard sales effective ways to raise needed money, they are very eco-friendly, since instead of filling up a landfill or incinerator with perfectly good stuff, it is being reused and recycled. Thus, less purchasing foreign made stuff and utilizing natural resources.

And because such transactions are very informal and often haggled/bargained, paying by means other than cash or trade is completely impractical, especially for alot of people that don't have bank accounts. I can see this law getting shot down if they actually try to enforce it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hope you all understand it.... they are going to implement a national sales tax, ergo, anything sold needs to have taxes paid on it.... thank God we live in a free #ry (spelling intentional).

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
that was spelled cun try

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal is a republican, what ever happened to 'less government'? Why pass a law that is not only seriously invasive, undermines private transactions in the economy, but also impossible to enforce. Smaller government my ***.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Isn't any different then them imposing sales taxes on internet purchases from out of state.
The states are struggling for money,starved by the Feds,so they are looking into anyway avenue to get more money.

I see it as a way to keep better tabs on sales tax revenues.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have a COMPLETELY different take on this law, and yes, I believe it is VERY VAGUE for a reason.

MANY, MANY people that have lost jobs have turned to buying and selling...FLIPPING...as many people call it here. Plenty of people do this only locally...go to an Estate sale, garage sale, flea market and find a good deal. Then sell it on Ebay or Craigslist, etc., and make a profit. This year Ebay/PayPal closed the hole for tax dodgers and they will send along a 1099 to the IRS for any seller having more than $10K. Prior to this, a person selling on Ebay (secondhand dealer) could do anything they wanted to as far as paying honest taxes on that income.

The law specifically mentions "A secondhand dealer..." which does not in ANY WAY mean exclusively or specifically target Pawn shops, or scrap metal buyer's...In fact, if this law was targeting those types of dealers, it would specifically mention them. I would lay odds on there ALREADY being a HOST of laws requiring ID's and check payments to sellers at pawn shops and scrap yards. I call BULL on it having to do with them AT ALL!

Now it also says, "shall not enter into any cash transactions in payment for the purchase of junk or used or secondhand property."

Of junk, or used, or second property...

My belief is this makes it more difficult for the "second dealer" (an Ebay seller, a thrift store, a Flipper of any kind) to say "I paid $99 for the item and sold it for $100, so tax is due only on $1 of profit."

Yep, that's what I think...and I truly believe it's just a warm-up for something else on the minds of the law's creators...

edit on 13-10-2011 by odd1out because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What will the hookers on Bourbon Street do?

They could get those I-phone card readers I guess.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
First it denies us our basic right to trade anything we rightfully own for anything else someone else owns. If I have a dollar I've got the basic right as property owner to give it to whoever I wish at any time.

Ah, but basically every state except for Nevada has long since violated this basic right already by making prostitution illegal.

There honestly is no such thing as "basic human rights" anymore. There are only privledges the government hasn't yet chosen to retract from the populace. We see it daily. We supposedly have the freedom of speech... yet many who exercise it are imprisoned or forced into nonsensical "free speech zones". We supposedly have a right to keep and bear arms...
the government has sure crapped down our backs on that one enough times. Freedom of religion has been bastardized and raped into a beast better called "freedom from religion" which they now tout. Convincing the population that the government actually believes in and will defend inalienable rights was an amazing trick which was vital to keeping the populace more or less docile as measures were put in place to keep them docile as these "rights" are systematically stripped away.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

The statement, "take a long walk off a short pier" comes to mind when I read that.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
did anybody read the article ?

THE LAW DOES NOT PROHIBIT A CITIZEN FROM USING CASH TO BUY ANYTHING EVEN FROM A SECOND HAND DEALER, YOUR NEIGHBOR OR YOUR FRIENDS.

it prohibits a dealer from paying you in cash !!!!!

what makes me LOL is everyone missed the real outrage here, and just went straight to the cash

here is what the real problem is

The law goes further to require secondhand dealers to turn over a valuable business asset, namely, their business' proprietary client information. For every transaction a secondhand dealer must obtain the seller's personal information such as their name, address, driver's license number and the license plate number of the vehicle in which the goods were delivered

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

What complete scum bags...it's so obvious they are doing that so there are less cash transaction left off the record...they need to know what you've been buying!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ya right...

Sounds like something The Onion would say. Only in the south.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it prohibits a dealer from paying you in cash !!!!!

And this is more excusable??

Scenario: It's 6pm. I am in sudden need of cash tonight. I have no bank account or ATM to withdraw from. I have some old junk I can go sell, I go to a 'dealer' and they must write a check. I have to find someplace to cash a check in the evening in order to get my cash, and likely pay a fee as a result, if I am even able. Thanks big government.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

My belief is this makes it more difficult for the "second dealer" (an Ebay seller, a thrift store, a Flipper of any kind) to say "I paid $99 for the item and sold it for $100, so tax is due only on $1 of profit."

Ever know anyone who got burned for lying on their income tax returns about how much they spent on childcare??? Try to remember... that what you claim to have paid out of your pocket in one instance... somebody else had to have put that money into their own pocket... perhaps unclaimed. So if you don't want to get burned... don't try to lie to the tax revenuers. The same rule applies in this instance. When people find new ways to cheat the system... somebody's gonna figure out a way to trip them up.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Virtually impossible to enforce. This is just like the international law that says US citizens should not buy certain things (drugs) in other countries.

COME AND GET ME!

Prove it!

Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join