It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six killed, three wounded in California salon shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Six killed, three wounded in California salon shooting

www.usatoday.com

SEAL BEACH, California (AP) – Six people were killed and three were wounded Wednesday in a shooting at a hair salon in a normally sedate Southern California beach community, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No motive has yet been announced, but the shooter was apparently wearing body armor and possessed a small cache of firearms. The shooter's identity has also not been revealed.

The small town that it took place in, is somewhat upper income and also home to a Naval Weapons Station.

More information will be added as reports come in.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So thats why they bann firearms in Cali, hmmm.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh no, not another crazy shooting!

My heart goes to the victims.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life

If you make guns illegal, only people whom do illegal things will own guns.

This does not solve the issue.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Furthers their anti gun agenda perfectly. Soon body Armour will be unavailable as well.
Heart goes out to the victims.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great catch, OP.

This really is going to come as a shock to the people that not only live in Seal Beach, but all the beach communities in that area. I have never heard of anything like this ever taking place in that part of town.

I am reading some of the local news stories online and it sounds like it was a really horrific scene. I have flicked on the tube and the news is about to come on so I am going to check it out.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good thing they just banned open carry, those crazy law abiding citizens were out of control. Now all the people have to fear is criminals, it's easier that way.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah,

This is really unusual. It is a fairly upscale community and the salon is very well known. Seal Beach often goes a year or more at a time with 0 murders so the 6 all at once is just really off the charts.

I know that a lot of Californians are probably just as shocked as I that this happened where it did.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live in Memphis where crime rates are extremely high. Its sickening to see this happening as frequently as it does.
Here's a list of crimes in the past 2 days. (it's under the map)
www.spotcrime.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
anybody seen the movie rampage??? wtf kinda coincidence is that...?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As usual, we will witness the losers of this forum sloppily spew their anti or pro-gun agenda.

Disgusting.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMagician

Originally posted by Human4life

If you make guns illegal, only people whom do illegal things will own guns.

This does not solve the issue.

So if the governemnt was to persecute the American people, how are we going to difend ourselves, with elections and votes?

edit on 12-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
CBS is reporting that the gunman is the husband of one of the employees of the shop.

Still why did he shoot so many people.

Perhaps we need to make sure that mentally unstable people can't get guns.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I thought it was something such as this - he may have shot the
others because they were her friends, she did work with them.
He went crazy, as so many do today. It can happen any place
at any time. I feel bad for the victims and their families.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by Wildbob77

Mentally unstable people in relationships cause more damage than mentally unstable people with guns.

I say ban relationships if you want to target this kind of event.

There's no background check required before entering into a relationship.

How many nuts use a broken heart as their excuse? We had one here who chainsawed his woman to death before chainsawing himself just a little while ago. Before that a guy intentionally wrecked his car with his whole family in it because he was arguing with his woman.

If there's a cause to be had and a target for useless draconian legislative action it isn't the gun.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This happened right down the street from me. Pretty scary, the attacker appears to be a hefty Caucasian fellow in his 40's to 50's. No word yet on motive. Death count up to 8 apparently.

Seal Beach is a pretty classy area, too. Great beaches and great surprisingly inexpensive food, love the area.

Hope the 9th critically wounded victim pulls through.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

There is word that his ex wife may have worked at the salon and a custody battle was going on.

That doesn't explain the body armor and small weapons cache. He came prepared for a firefight.

Crazy people do crazy things though. I wonder if he was an ex cop or prior military.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

pretty sure body Armour requires a permit if not being completely banned in ca bunch of rappers and what not complained but i think they banned it back in late 90's or early 2000's

answers.yahoo.com... i guess its legal if you are not a felon i did not not know that
edit on 12-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My guess is this guy had been prescribed Prozac-type antidepressants, which caused him to go crazy.

One article I came across said they were filming an episode of 'CSI' nearby at the time.

top topics

join