It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most vulnerable suffer when fluoride is taken from water

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You're right to question the general prevailing wisdom. However Dr. Phyllis J. Mullenix, previously an employee of the Forsyth Research Institute (verifiable here), has gone on the record and said:

I. ACADEMIC BACKGROUND

Connett: We're talking with Dr. Phyllis Mullenix, who in 1995, published a very important work on the neurotoxic effects of fluoride in rat studies. And Phyllis would you begin by telling us your background? What are your qualifications?

Mullenix: Well, I got my PhD in pharmacology from the University of Kansas back in 1975. From University of Kansas Medical Center I went to John Hopkins School of Public Health in Baltimore between 1975 and 1977. And then in 1977 I was hired to come to Boston and work at Harvard with Dr. Herbert Needleman on the lead project. And so, I started then in 1977 and I've been in the Boston area for the past 20 years.

II. NEUROTOXICITY OF FLUORIDE

Connett: Ok. Could you briefly summarize your paper, and where was it published first of all?

Mullenix: My paper concerning the neurotoxicity of sodium fluoride in rats was published in the Neurotoxicology and Teratology journal. That's a peer reviewed journal... And that was published in 1995. It was submitted in 1994, but it was published, it appeared on the shelf, in '95.

Connett: And what did you find?

Mullenix: The study basically found three things. First of all, that if you put sodium fluoride in the drinking water of young animals, that with time - meaning a period of weeks in a rat's lifetime - they would develop changes in their behavioral patterns. And that pattern change was a hypoactivity pattern. They became slower, 'couch potatoes' if you like. But it was definitely a hypoactivity pattern. And it had a specific pattern to it which was very, very strikingly similar to the pattern that I had seen in substances or drugs that they used to treat acute lymphocytic leukemia in children, which clinically cause IQ deficits. And when I saw that specific pattern... that I was getting when I exposed animals to radiation or chemotherapy and steroids... that was very striking.

www.fluoridealert.org...

Obviously a study on rats doesn't translate one for one with humans, but it is questionable enough that I think we should be cautious about fluoridating the entire water supply.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kwell
I have a solution. For the people that think fluoride is healthy for them, why don't we have the fertilizer companies just drop the industrial waste by product that they add to our water at your doorstep. Then you can add it to your own water. They don't need to put it in our water supply. They can keep their poison or give it to the people that are pushing for it.

Not only that but it also has arsenic...do you think that is good for you too?
edit on 13-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

A number of organic compounds of arsenic are used in medicine; the best known is Salvarsan, formerly used extensively in the treatment of syphilis and yaws. On the other hand, many arsenic compounds are strong poisons. Even in dilute concentrations that are not poisonous, as are found in some water supplies, arsenic may be carcinogenic. One delicate test for the presence of even minute quantities of arsenic in compounds is the Marsh test .

So yeah it can be valuable when used in the correct amounts at the correct times. As was my point with fluoride...

On the other hand I have found no conclusive evidence (on this sight or on the internet in general) that fluoride as used in our water systems is detrimental to human health.

I have done my own research...I clearly stated I found no evidence, and obviously you have not either....
edit on 13-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

link   
This was just posted on another post. Dentist speaking out against fluoride. www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Very nice to see.

Peace to you friend

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

I've never been clear on what the big hubbub is about fluoride in the water. We've had it there for decades and life expectancy and tooth retention has steadily increased. However you've got this faction of people, most of whom still live in their mom's basement wearing tin foil hats, want everyone to think the government is poisoning us. All I can do is stare at the screen and shake my head in bewilderment.

vitals.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Have you ever thought for a minute that the reason their is an increase in tooth retention has more to do with education and more people brushing properly?
but still I see the problems of dental health and the push for fluoride in our water showing us teeth from children who are apparently more at risk, the same children I have seen with the dental problems do not drink water, they drink juice, flavoured milk and soda's.
I would prefer to choose what I put in my body rather than get dictated to.
Here is an idea, let those who want fluoride take fluoride drops or give away free tooth paste and brush's, to lower income families, probably work out cheaper.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Tooth decay has everything to do with diet and nothing to do with fluoride. The mineral composition of teeth are derived from a nutrient rich diet with proper fats, traditionally prepared and naturally raised foods, and does not include fluoride.

As noted calcium fluoride (a naturally occurring bonded mineral) is completely different from what is being placed in the drinking water. Additionally the use of fluoride at the dentist is for TOPICAL application not internal ingestion!

Fluoride makes bones hard (i.e. brittle). Yet bones are not meant to be hardened to this degree. Internal excess of fluoride accumulates in the bones and can make a bone more susceptible to breakage.

As evidenced by the research of Dr. Weston A. Price, dental decay was only a result improper, non traditional, non nourishing diets.

Refined flours, refined vegetable oils, sugars, soy, grain-fed meat etc. etc. all rob the body of the much needed fats, vitamins, and minerals essential for proper bone formation, maintenance and overall health.

edit on 13-10-2011 by kalamatas because: vid

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Seems to me that the OP and his supporters have had a little too much Flouride over the years. Flouride apart from causing Cancer and Dental Flourosis also makes people STUPID!!

I rest my case!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Maybe due to the damage it does the penal gland in the brain could be a good reason for it and also the deaths that have occurred because of it and all the other damage it is doing good also be a good reason but as the first person said just close your eyes and you can keep your mind closed on the damages.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What Advanced Chronic Fluoride Poisoning Looks Like:

redpillreich.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
Tooth decay has everything to do with diet and nothing to do with fluoride. The mineral composition of teeth are derived from a nutrient rich diet with proper fats, traditionally prepared and naturally raised foods, and does not include fluoride.

As noted calcium fluoride (a naturally occurring bonded mineral) is completely different from what is being placed in the drinking water. Additionally the use of fluoride at the dentist is for TOPICAL application not internal ingestion!

Fluoride makes bones hard (i.e. brittle). Yet bones are not meant to be hardened to this degree. Internal excess of fluoride accumulates in the bones and can make a bone more susceptible to breakage.

As evidenced by the research of Dr. Weston A. Price, dental decay was only a result improper, non traditional, non nourishing diets.

Refined flours, refined vegetable oils, sugars, soy, grain-fed meat etc. etc. all rob the body of the much needed fats, vitamins, and minerals essential for proper bone formation, maintenance and overall health.

edit on 13-10-2011 by kalamatas because: vid

Was just gonna post about this guy. Thanks.

All in all I still agree, it should be a choice!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Skeptics are like tits on a bull. Useless.

Fertilizer byproducts fed to you intravenously no big deal?

Just close your mind and don't worry, nothing to fear here, move along.

So what are you saying, that people should believe everything they hear? Do you believe in the tooth fairy or are you sceptical of that? If you are sceptical that there is a tooth fairy then you must be like tits on a bull yourself.

Try not to generalise when talking about sceptics as they are often more open minded than those cliche conspiracy theorists who believe in everything conspiracy related despite evidence to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Fluoride was added to the drinking water in Hitler's concentration camps. Do you think it was because Hitler cared about the dental health of the holocaust victims before they were murdered? Or was it because Fluoride is a main ingredient in most rat and cockroach poison?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
hitlers death camp henchmen fed fluoride to jews to keep them dosile and more acceptable of the fate that was awaiting them in the gas chambers.

the studys that they conducted found that jews that were fluoridated accepted their fate without a fight were as the 1's that were not fluoridated fought the guards and tried to escape.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm so tired of this ignorant fallacy.

No one says fluoride reduces life expectancy. No one. It lobotomizes you, turns you into an idiot, or transforms you from a patient, critical thinking adult, into an impotent, frustrated child that can't think fast if their life depended on it. But it certainly doesn't kill you or reduce your life expectancy. How quaint.

It's a poison, a neurotoxin, industrial waste.

Go ahead and keep drinking, I really don't give a crap. Until then, you can go back to your cave and feel safe and superior. Don't worry about a thing, just know that your government takes care of everything for you child.
edit on 13-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

I've never been clear on what the big hubbub is about fluoride in the water. We've had it there for decades and life expectancy and tooth retention has steadily increased. However you've got this faction of people, most of whom still live in their mom's basement wearing tin foil hats, want everyone to think the government is poisoning us. All I can do is stare at the screen and shake my head in bewilderment.

vitals.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think you are likely a paid government blogger or you really like rat poison in your water.

Go pick up a tube of tooth paste and read the poison control warning on it.

If it is in the toothpaste why do you need it in the water ???

Why did most of Europe ban the toxin years ago from their water ???

Why are some US cities banning it now ???

edit on 13-10-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by NightGypsy

Some points from the video to consider:

Plant employees were evacuated

Hazmat had to respond to clean it up in full Hazmat gear

The chemical was "quickly" eating through the concrete

The chemical poses a burn risk to skin

Does that sound like a chemical that is good for you to ingest?

REALLY?

Oh, YES, give me some more fluoride, PLEASE....I can't get enough of that corrosive chemical!

You of course know that oxygen can kill you in pure form too, right?

The human NEEDS approx 16 - 17% 02 in the breathable air to survive.
How much Flouride does the Human body NEED to survive?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There's fluoride in your toothpaste..
Eat some of that if you want to consume it. I personally enjoy my water fluoride free...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Here is a list of antidepressants that contain Fl

www.slweb.org...

Here are more drugs that have it

www.slweb.org...

And remember these? Paxil/Prozac

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Ok so there is a relationship between fluoride and reduction in tooth decay. Is this relationship causal? To what extent?

Aside from fluoride being added to water, people overall have been getting more educated about dental care, better design has made toothbrushes are a lot more effective than before, and arguably modern toothpaste offers longer lasting protection.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Skeptics are like tits on a bull. Useless.

Fertilizer byproducts fed to you intravenously no big deal?

Just close your mind and don't worry, nothing to fear here, move along.

It also seems that people who "cry wolf" are also in abundance on ATS as well.

I have read many of the anti-fluoride threads and none of them have been able to bring conclusive evidence that the amount of fluoride used in drinking water is detrimental to our health.

I just hate to here people use the "move along" phrase, it makes me think they have no idea what they are talking about, and that they also have no PROOF. If they did they would probably replace the "move along" phrase with actual proof/evidence.

I think many here on ATS like to create a conspiracy out of thin air...
edit on 12-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

The actual evidence is the fact that there is no good reason for it to be in the drinking water in the first place. The given reason is that it's said to be good for your teeth. Yet it's only good for your teeth when used as a topical solution (externally).

There is PROOF that ingesting sodium fluoride at certain levels is detrimental to your health and can even be fatal. So unless there is some PROOF that taking fluoride internally has some actual health benefits, it shouldn't be in the water we drink.

Any use of chemicals in the water has certain risks involved. You have to ask yourself, do the benefits outweigh the risk? In the case of chlorine the answer would be yes. Chlorine kills harmful bacteria that can make us sick and prevents water from becoming stagnant. We could all boil our water before drinking it to reduce the risks of bacteria but that is time and energy consuming and most people wouldn't like to do that.

But with the use of fluoride the benefits do not outweigh the risks involved. The benefits are easily obtained by using fluoride toothpaste and there is clearly no need to ingest fluoride for any reason. Except that we are the resource used to dispose of the toxic chemicals that are produced by aluminum and nuclear facilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join