It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most vulnerable suffer when fluoride is taken from water

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I do not get all the discussion about Fluoride being
either bad nor good for you.. It is a moot point
that can be debated for ever..

This is a RIGHTS issue, and that only..

The government
HAS NO RIGHT PUTTING
SUBSTANCES IN THE WATER OTHER THEN TO
PURIFY IT!!!

The government has NO RIGHT TO FORCE us
to ingest things we DO NOT WANT TO.

BOTTOM LINE!!

Use fluoride yourself and give it to your kid's if you want.
BUT do not force ingestion!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I never said it kills you, I just said it has detrimental effects over time.

But I don't care one way or the other aside from the fact it is forced on people without any noticeable oversight. Then when people want the option to take something known to be helpful, like vitamins or something, they are threatened with regulation by the government.

That being said though, I don't run around trying to filter every glass of water I drink. I moved to a 3rd world toilet, I think I have bigger fish to fry than fluoride in my water, know what I mean?

What with the burning asbestos near by, the poor plumbing, and the fact I have had dengue fever twice, fluoride is the leas of my worries.

edit on 12-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Technically they do... here's why. If you choose to get your water from the city then you get it however they give it to you. If you would like, go dig a well and get your water from there.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I believe it is more of a voter issue than an actual go to the country and dig a well.
Though I agree, if you are in a city and they make it clear they place fluoride in their water, then its on your head.

That being said, if the city population ops to have it taken out, that option should be available through votes.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I hear what you are saying but the whole fluoride thing.... there isn't enough there to get all worked up about it. Not with everything else wrong with the world. I think there is a lot of people making money off the worries of others. The only time someone should be worried about fluoride poisoning is if they can't be trusted to brush their teeth without the supervision of a trusted adult.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by snowen20

I hear what you are saying but the whole fluoride thing.... there isn't enough there to get all worked up about it. Not with everything else wrong with the world. I think there is a lot of people making money off the worries of others. The only time someone should be worried about fluoride poisoning is if they can't be trusted to brush their teeth without the supervision of a trusted adult.

Exactly!

i have always felt the fluoride issue ranks up there with chemtrails.
People confuse facts and conspiracy theories about this kind of stuff. There are certainly grains of truth throughout but together they do not form a intelligible picture.

I am not for fluoride unless someone wants to use it, but in the big picture I think we should avoid mmmmmmmm WAR....

Which is a thing known to kill more people than fluoride ever has even in the wildest conspiracy theories.

link   
There're worse things to worry about. Vegetarians, for example, deprive their children of crucial nutrients that impede their development and can lead to lifelong disabilities.

I thiink the dental benefit is greater than any other associated negatives. My opinion. But I would trust dental professionals more than many of hte loonies on this website.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Hey you, pathetic wanna be noob troll.

The fact that humans can still reproduce does not mean that:
1) it was comfortable
2) they didnt die at young ages
3) that having constant dental problems is a joy
4) you had no teeth by 30
5) high infant mortality rates

My parents were poor
Could not afford a dentist
I have not died at a young age like my mother
Always seem to be getting my teeth knock out, learned to stop protesting Nam
Half my teeth are gone and I got lots of fluoride from Colorado, it seems it was in the water and they added more
I think the State had a big part of how many kids I had or not

So you are right it is not easy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
There're worse things to worry about. Vegetarians, for example, deprive their children of crucial nutrients that impede their development and can lead to lifelong disabilities.

Are you serious?
That's propaganda weirdness.
Maybe some GMO food will make them healthy.
or some delicious city water?!
Jonny, the professionals say you should have mercury in your fillings, sodium fluoride in your water, and chemicals in your food. Bon appetite'.
edit on 12/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wardk28

You say that "there isn't enough there" in regards to worrying about fluoride.

But it doesn't take very much to cause adverse health effects and even death.

en.wikipedia.org...

In high concentrations, soluble fluoride salts are toxic and skin or eye contact with high concentrations of many fluoride salts is dangerous. Referring to a common salt of fluoride, sodium fluoride (NaF), the lethal dose for most adult humans is estimated at 5 to 10 g (which is equivalent to 32 to 64 mg/kg elemental fluoride/kg body weight).[1][2][3] A toxic dose that may lead to adverse health effects is estimated at 3 to 5 mg/kg of elemental fluoride.[4] Ingestion of fluoride can produce gastrointestinal discomfort at doses at least 15 to 20 times lower (0.2–0.3 mg/kg) than lethal doses.[5] Although helpful for dental health in low dosage, chronic exposure to fluoride in large amounts interferes with bone formation. In this way, the greatest examples of fluoride poisoning arises from fluoride-rich ground water.[6]

EDIT:
5 to 10 grams is a lethal dose. 5 grams is about the same weight as 5 one dollar bills
edit on 12-10-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

link   
I've never understood why the government feels it's their business to prevent tooth decay in the first place--especially to the point they need to force it upon the population's water supply. That alone sends up a red flag to me about the true intentions behind water fluoridation.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

A very large chunk of people do not get enough b-12, for example. People who're older than 50 generally do not collect enough b-12 from meat. So they need supplements. Other than that, meat offers us us substantial protein for the building blocks of our body and important fats that you cannot get anywhere else. It's a type of chain not replicated in plants.

I bet you more people have died from WORRYING about flouride than have actually died from it.

This is why 9 times out of 10 you should trust professionals and not take matters into your own hands. People do that routinely and get hurt. Be stupid at your own risk.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

considering I tested water for flouride for 8 years, I know all about MSDS sheets, which I hope you never confuse with a medical study in the future.

I hope you point out to me why that is even relevant in the future.

MSDS sheets are for workers and transporters and the necessary handling of said substance or chemcial. Most chemcials come with them if they are transported in any amount.

Yes, they are.

Even windex comes with a MSDS sheet and warning placards on tanker trucks when it is transported.

We don't drink windex.

Citric acid comes with an MSDS.

Citric acid is not Fluoride, nor does it have the same toxicity as fluoride.

Red Herring,

Bad Form.

-1,000 points.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Like I stated eariler in the thread. The MSDS for fluoride is in its purest form. Fluoride is mixed at around one part per million.

Diluted poison is still a poison, and one that we have been drinking ALL of our lives....

Did you check out the "Chronic" exposure section under the MSDS?

Because it spells it out pretty plainly.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I never said fluoride wasn't a poison. I said that the rate they use in water is no where near the amount needed to cause those side effects. Unless you decide to eat toothpaste, then you shouldn't be worried about fluoride poisoning.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

The Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is describing the effects on humans at its basic form. If you can show me the MSDS for fluorinated drinking water, I will gladly take a gander at it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I never said fluoride wasn't a poison. I said that the rate they use in water is no where near the amount needed to cause those side effects. Unless you decide to eat toothpaste, then you shouldn't be worried about fluoride poisoning.

Drinking tap water gives us a small dose of fluoride.
(because there is fluoride in it.)

Taking a shower gives us a small dose of fluoride.
(Because the fluoride gets suspended in the air from the water)

Brushing our teeth gives us a small dose of fluoride.
(Toothpaste, and the water)

Eating any fruits or vegetables gives us a small dose of fluoride.
(because they are irrigated from the municipal water supply)

Eating any animal products gives us a small dose of fluoride.
(because they eat the plants, and drink the water)

Wanna try again?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

The Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is describing the effects on humans at its basic form. If you can show me the MSDS for fluorinated drinking water, I will gladly take a gander at it.

I'm pretty sure there is no MSDS for aqueous solutions of anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe the point of the opinion piece was missed from the OP
I believe it was written that the Tea Party was Poison for discontinuing fluoride.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As a video has already shown: Flouride was originally added to water by Russia and Germany, and they didn't add it to water to help clean teeth...

Then the US adopts the practice and claims it's to help clean your teeth. I'm sure there are alot of things that could help clean your teeth, and make them shine, like uranium. That doesn't mean we should use chemicals that are equally toxic as arsenic to do so....

What happens when Billy Bob accidentally adds a bit too much flouride to the water?

"Oops, Cleetus, I dun accidentally knocked one of dem containers with the skull and crossbones on it over, and it dun spilt into the water supply! Guess them city folk will be havin' some extra clean teef!"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join