It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who Believe in God, but not Religion - Who is he then?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few years ago I came to the realisation that I did in fact not relate with the bible at all. It seemed to be telling me to resist almost everything that felt like a natural human response, something I'm sure an all mighty force wouldn't really have wanted.

I'll be honest though, I was never really that religious in the first place, but I did feel a sense of god somewhere in the pit of my soul. Since disregarding any kind of man made book to follow my life by, I have often questioned what god really is to me.

Personally, I see god as something inside of us all. God is love, god is spirit, and god is the will to achieve greatness. I'm not saying it's some kind of force inside that we'd be useless without, I'm saying that it is us who creates this force, god is within us because we make it. I guess the idea of the devil could be seen in the same context. Perhaps this way of thinking is why I see a lot of the bible to be a parody and a metaphor...

But on some levels, I even believe god to be concious. Not a large grey bearded earl of wisdom sitting on a platinum throne with a bag of grapes, deciding everyone's fate and creating worlds - but some kind of entity outside the bounds of our understanding.

The best way for me to understand god, is that I really have no true definition or understanding of god at all. I feel that if this force is so powerful and overwhelming as religious folk claim it to be, then there's no way that man could ever even begin to explain it. Thus why I feel the bible, and other works, was the only way man knew of to document such a thing - in stories.

Anyway, for those of us who don't follow religion, but do believe in god, what is god to you?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

It shouldn't really matter.
1. Avoid fanaticism of any sort.
2, Pursue happiness so long as that pursuit does not interfere with anyone else's pursuit of happiness.

done.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

God -- Who or What defines 'Him'?

You might want to have a look at this thread to have a better understanding.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was just asking the opinion of others... I'm not looking for a new definition myself, just interested to see others take on it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ummm I will guess "The Creator of All Things" ?
PS Religion and God don't mix!!!
edit on 12-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Seems to me you define God quite well.

I would use a similar definition.

Namaste.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Threegirls because: I'm tired.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Unless you're Jewish, God is utterly irrelevant.
Find out who your ancestors worshipped and go with that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

My ancestors are Irish, so I'm guessing they followed some kind of Pagan religion...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They worshipped the Tuatha de Danaan
As did mine

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe in God the way the Greeks believed in God, as a type of divine principle of nature, and I also am a bit on the Buddhist side where I believe the goal of life is to end the cycle of samsara. God is not a he but The Good, which is the aim of all nature. The divine simplicity, golden ratio, eternal order. The old testament is a false view of God as a king/lord who rules people through totalitarian war and destruction.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Think in terms of scale...

Think of the world around you... where you live, what you do in every day life.

Now think of what we know of our Galaxy......

And consider what we know of the universe....

God is All of it, every single atom... and everything in between...

All life that exists, and All that has ever existed...

All dimensions, all of creation...

The All, The Whole, The Father of Creation

edit on 12-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I guess no one is actually looking at your question or simply don't want to answer it.

I truly like your explanation and agree with most of your opinion and i don't think i really could add anything else. Good job

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

Thanks Stormwind, much appreciated.

P.S. For the Alliance

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If there is a god of Humans, as in the bible it is written, "let US create humans in our image"
So in religion and the bible god is not a single entity but a race of beings by the bibles definintion.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My thoughts on God...What is God...who is God? God is a who and not a who! God does reside in everything great and small. From the Macrocosm to the Microcosm....the Universal structure to the Quanta...all is a reflection of the divine(ness).... Those are my thoughts.

However, that would be the highest level of Supremeness. What we have experienced here on earth and the "Gods" that we have encountered are subpar and below that of "all that Is".

For some great soul seeking info...there are many people whom dedicate their lives with this question...some good videos reside at this website.

This is a compilation of videos that are not meant to prove a point or steer, but they were lovingly placed there for informational purposes.

consciousvideodirectory.webs.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think I qualified for this topic, because I don't believe in religion, but I do believe in the Bible.

God is a being of energy, he is not limited to anything, he can do it all, he is the "Alpha and the Omega" which it means he was never born and he will never die. God is the most high being ever and forever, he has gave us freedome to decide whatever we want to do with our own life, then it's up to you for seeking salvation or distruction in this end of times, how would you know how to save your selves if you are not following the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Is all nice and dandy convincing your self, that is alright to believe in something that you don't have a clue of and yet you refuse to know who he is. Thats wrong!

The Bible is not religion, the bible is a history book of Extraterrestrial Beings and the Creation of Man Kind. Thats what the bible have been talking about for over 2000 years, now how would you know these things? By reading the bible.

Follow all the commandments that our God gave us and seek knolege for salvation. Thats how you do it.

Yes 66 man wrote the bible sinse the days of Enoch and up to this date, the bible hasn't been wrong with all it's predictions, thats the reason we should trust the ancient scripts inspire by God Yahweh cause if you don't, you might as well seeking for death and distruction. How would you save your self, if you don't know what to do nor know what is coming towards you. It's all in the book.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2011 by Pixie777 because: Changed my mind on posting, sent a U2U in stead, hope that's ok.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I recognize in Jesus Christ, the love of God and in his willing sacrifice, for the sake of love, the twin pillars of Justice, and Mercy.

What more could we ask for than such a love actualized and personified ie: made real, made known?

"As my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

Therefore, I encourage you to reconsider the New Testament in terms not of what "Churchianity" tells you to believe (or go to hell), but in terms of what your heart tells you about the character and the love of Jesus, and if it doesn't work for you, fine, but don't dismiss it out of hand with a contemptuous bias prior to investigation. Sometimes when we look again, there's something there that we might have missed on the first pass, say back in Sunday school or something like that.

edit on 12-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life

The Bible is not religion, the bible is a history book of extraterrestrial beings and the creation of man kind. Thats what the bible talks all about, now how would you know these things? By reading the bible.

I inherently knew that since I was 4 years old. And I also knew that the "Gods" that were spoken about in the Bible really are of a lesser existence that the "All that I Am" God (which we are a part of BTW).

I don't claim to know the truth, but lean toward the belief that the Gods that visited us and genetically modified us were of a higher extra-terrestial existence. So why would our primitive anscestors not believe that they are Gods....This is God Knowledge 101...Oye!
edit on 12-10-2011 by blazenresearcher because: SPELLING

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have been chasing God and the experience known as Union with God for the last 12+ years. It has been mentioned by religions the world over throughout history.

If anyone thinks God is a creation of mans imagination, that is a flawed assumption.

There really is a God, but it is like a Living self aware Infinity that is inside of all things, everywhere, and all knowing. To experience this, requires the stripping away of the mental programing that we have endured through out our lives. Its like an Onion, you let go of all identities such as your name, your likes, your dislikes, your thoughts, reactions, the mind itself, gender, then the body itself....at the end you even let go of letting go.

When there is no more to Let go of, its as if the center of the Onion opens up and reveals this living Presence that is Infinite and is One..... yet since all identity has been let go of, there is no 'You' there to expperience God. It just Is of its own accord.

God is definitely beyond all ideas and notions of God, and the Mind can't experieince God, but your soul can. The soul is within you and is prior to the mind, prior to thought. I can go on and on for days about the mechanics of experiencing the Infinite God..... but I find that most folks have their minds made up, and this is exactly what prevents them from experiening this Awesomeness!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join