It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Family In Corn Maze Calls 911 For Help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Lost family in Massachusetts couldn't get out or didnt want to finish the maze or the son was having a hard time..so they called 911 to get them out..911 came with the dogs to free them..LOL...Have you ever been there??..www.kptv.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Ive been in some corn mazes and i do have to admit when its gets dark out you do panic,Especially if your far away from the exit..They were 25 feet away from the street..I feel so bad for the mother on the phone..You can hear the panic in her voice..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is exactly the type of thing that led the national 911 orgs to state public stupidity is the greatest reason for 911 systems being overtaxed.

911 was setup for people to get help in an emergency.

The people have proven themselves too stupid to deserve this help.

911 wait times increase due to popular stupidity

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

I do believe that they may have had a new baby..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
This is exactly the type of thing that led the national 911 orgs to state public stupidity is the greatest reason for 911 systems being overtaxed.

911 was setup for people to get help in an emergency.

The people have proven themselves too stupid to deserve this help.

911 wait times increase due to popular stupidity

My daughter wants to be a cop..I really don't want her to be..I told her that the police are so underpaid for the work that they do....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yep, I got stuck in a corn field, not a maze, and let me tell you at night time, after you have already watched Children of The Corn. You will find anything to get out there before the children come out with their hatchets.
That's all that was going through my mind at the time. Had no phone either. Just a beeper back then. The Adrenaline of pushing my car got me out.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If I ran into that issue, I would use the GPS on my cell before I would call 911, assuming they have that function? (most new smart phones do.) But hey, that's just me and my phone.
I saw this on my local news feed this am, funny, but I can see how it would be in a family situation.
edit on 12-10-2011 by exdog5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by exdog5 because: silly fingers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That's just ludicrous. At the rate this is going, there are going to be reports of people who starve to death when they are accidentally locked in groceries stores over night.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why didn't they just find a path where the corn was planted in rows and simply follow it until they got out? Just make a straight line through the corn until you get out if you're that panicky. Making a b-line through the corn would've been a lot more efficient and probably quicker.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Why didn't they just find a path where the corn was planted in rows and simply follow it until they got out? Just make a straight line through the corn until you get out if you're that panicky. Making a b-line through the corn would've been a lot more efficient and probably quicker.

great point

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I second that one...Think they had a new baby as well..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

LOL..now that's a good on..May be its the mind control...LOL.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Instead of just walking through between the corn stalks
You suppose they would have stayed and starved to death instead of simply walking through the corn? Must be Harvard people

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

The best part of this story is that it took police less than a minute to find them. They were 25 feet from the exit. What an absolute moron and her three week old daughter doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Because that's the logical and rational way to handle it, and most people prefer to freak out. LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Though I don't understand the fear and panic that overcame the adults in this situation I do believe the panic and fear they felt was real, thereby resulting in their 911 call. Probably some day they'll laugh about it and say, "Remember when?"

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How Embarrissing!!! These people should have stayed at home. They had a 3 week old baby with them and the wife was freaking out. The poor husband couldn't calm her down. I heard the 911 call this morning on WGNC 106.1 Country. They told the husband to call out to the police dog....get this... are u ready..."Hello K-9, Hello K9" it was hiliarous to hear this guy calling out "Hello K9". That's right 911 told the guy to call out "Hello K9" so the dog would know to be nice when he fines the family. Poor guy...How Embarrissing.

Also it was reported that the people were 25ft from the road when they were found.

Funny lessons learned by young couples raising kids....though how embarrissing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Photo of the maze.

“There is no wire or fence around the maze, so if they really want or need to get out all they have to do is listen for the sound of traffic and they can always make their way through the corn rows to the road.” Connor said that the farm has a night security person on hand every night and they stay until everybody leaves.

www.wickedlocal.com...

I'm not sure what they were thinking, you can just go in a straight line through the corn to get out. It does get dark around 6:30 but they could have tried a little bit harder before calling 911.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
When I see this in every article and every video I call advertising.

The maze at Connors Farm in Danvers.

Can you say ballon boy?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Getting lost in a corn maze is embarassing. Getting lost in a corn maze and having to call 911 is ludacris.

You know what I would have done? F*** the path, I'm taking the most direct route out even if I screw it up for others lol.

Maybe they should start giving people flares before they start their trek.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join