It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Death genome revealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
www2.hn.psu.edu...

The above allows one to download a Daniel Defoe account of the Black Death as such happened in London, uk.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

bacteria are used to mutate other organisms?! increased incidence of mutation because of GMO?!

dude. you don't g3t away with talking such big science without backing it up. you've gotten some stars because what you say reinforces the bias of many members.

but not a lick of anything you have posted is supported by the science.

stop making stuff up.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

First off, I am 100% for advances in modern science. What worries me is that they are digging up bodies that had the Black Death Plague. I'm sure they have great facilities and all but this still bothers me. I recall when they first mentioned that they are digging up the bodies a while back. The first thing I thought about was a Stephen King "The Stand" type scenario.

I am confident this is nothing worth worrying about but I can't help but think "What if". We already know that modern science can make mistakes. Look at Chernobyl, Fukushima, Deep Water Horizon...etc. Regardless of our advancements humans are well known to screw things up.

An outbreak of the Black Death Plague is the last thing this world needs right now.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

You realize the plague is probably the least of any ones worries. I will willingly be bitten by fleas harboring the plague, or even allow you yourself to inject the plague into my meaty ass. Do you know why the plague doesn't scare me and should not scare you, and hasn't been a problem for oh so many years? Penicillin ! That's right, anti-biotics mate. The simplest one makes quick work of the plague, in fact you could inject the plague, take penicillin and not have any symptoms of the " Horrific Black Death " how ever you may get wicked #s or stinky gas from the AB's.. Just felt like letting you in on that little secret. Seems to me you're more scared of the decayed corpses. It's silly to be afraid of ghosts of the past.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I am concerned with anyone who has such an interest in anything called the Black Death Plague! I mean it is scary to think there are people out there that would be interested in something like this for various questionable reasons. ( biological warfare,population control, etc.) I've personally had enough of recent increased pushes on the population to be vaccinated for so called "pandemics". I for one have never had any flu shots, and thank God my parents found a way to prevent me from ever having any vaccinations after my older brother was so sick so many times after receiving his. I recently checked into a local program for an education in the medical field and found I cannot enter without proof of my vaccinations AND I must be vaccinated for Chicken Pox which I've never contracted, even after taking care of three children while they suffered with the disease.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Personally I'm totally against antibiotics unless you have a life threatening infection and it's absolutely necessary. I doubt a good ole shot of Penicillin is gonna help you with something called "BlackDeath" after we've meddled with it in our handy dandy labs anyway... I made a point to never take my children to the Dr and allow them to write a script for AB's everytime they were sick. I think too many parents do, and too many doctors hand over that prescription cause after all "mom" brought them in might as well give 'em there monies worth, right? 21 years ago the most prescribed AB was Amoxicillan... 6 years later when my middle child was sick had repeated ear infections NOTE: which was due to cows milk, I noticed the same pediatrician writing him zpack prescriptions. She advised me that our children were overprescribed and the strains of bacteria were able to become resistant to what they normally gave, and pharmaceutical companies were coming up with new solutions (hmmm). After taking everyone off cows milk unless they were over the age of 5, nobody was really sick anymore and like I said when they did catch something I let them run their fevers and fight everything off. Took a little longer but no meds. Last year my son contracted MRSA from his football locker room, and little sister got it from him.. both hospitalized for a week...long story short... both responded extremely well to the 1st round of antibiotics given and were back to normal within a week. Even though the doctor and I both agreed it was a good thing they had not had antibiotics in 10+ years... he informed me that the child that had originally started the spread could have been over prescribed and the Staph could still be resistant to almost anything they gave them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

You realize the plague is probably the least of any ones worries.

Speak for yourself. Are you normally in the habit of making stereotypical generalizations. Do you have any proof to back this bold claim of yours up?

May I please ask where you had the chance to interview every human on earth and ask what the least of their worries are?

ETA: I'm less grumpy than when I woke up earlier. I just find it odd that you would let me shoot you up wih the black death plague since you assume antibiotics will cure it. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but many common illnesses that are considered easily cureable have mutated into uncureable diseases. The most recent one I heard about was ghonorea. If ghonorea can mutate what is stopping the black plague from mutating.

Oh, BTW, guess what caused these mutations... Yes, the use of antibiotics caused them.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

First off, I am 100% for advances in modern science. What worries me is that they are digging up bodies that had the Black Death Plague. I'm sure they have great facilities and all but this still bothers me. I recall when they first mentioned that they are digging up the bodies a while back. The first thing I thought about was a Stephen King "The Stand" type scenario.

I am confident this is nothing worth worrying about but I can't help but think "What if". We already know that modern science can make mistakes. Look at Chernobyl, Fukushima, Deep Water Horizon...etc. Regardless of our advancements humans are well known to screw things up.

An outbreak of the Black Death Plague is the last thing this world needs right now.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Those bacteria have been dead for hundreds of years. Those bacteria need hosts to survive and their life cycle burns out relatively quick. Once you contract the plague youre dead in 3 days and we don;t have the kinds of squallor like conditions they had in the middle ages either. In the Dark Ages there was no plumbing, indoor or otherwise. When people would take a crap or pee it would go straight into the streets which would already be causing diseases like cholera and diptheria and e. coli, which would weaken their already strained immunities. it was just a matter of time until something came along and picked them off. Being exposed to human waste and rotting corpses in tandem is a breeding ground for the kinds of diseases that would scare anyone at the CDC.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sure is scary. However, won't antibiotics take care of it? -- as the press tells us. So what will they engineer it with, and how do the elite protect themselves against it?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Excuse me - have you checked? What do you mean not supported by the science? How do you think a GMO is created? This presently is the science of genetic engineering. An insertion package containing viruses & bacteria and the novel gene is inserted into an organism by the activities of bacteria. Scientists didn't invent the bacteria that do this it happens in nature, been happening on earth since day dot.

In fact bacteria is gods evolutionary tool kit.

The genetically varied life around you was created mainly by the activity of bacteria trying to get a feed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Agree with you, - did you follow the tread on the swine flu here on ATS? Man what a trip. The vaccines used contain Mercury, a heavy metal. We store these in our bodies, it can also mutate organisms, and they were pumping this into people to stop a pandemic from developing. They yell about the dangers of swine and bird flu combining and selling us something that makes it mare likely to happen.
laughing because it is worthy of tears

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I haven't looked into those, but I did catch a thread earlier today that was extremely interesting and packed with links, video's and information that started out with the Anthrax attacks after 9/11 and then went on from there including information about the swine flu. Very interesting to say the least, and I tried to go back to it and post the link here, but for the life of me could no longer find it???

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Antibiotics, are actually used in the gene insertion to create a GMO. They use it to sort of anesthetise or lower the organism’s species boundary which all life (except viruses) naturally have.

Each year the effectiveness of antibiotics is degraded, the use of them in genetic engineering may cause a further hazard, in terms of resistance, definitely their use in straight agriculture and animal health is causing this degradation. In terms of GMO’s certainly a modified organism is much more likely to again mutate (proven) from what I’ve read this is because of the process not necessarily from the antibiotics.

Scientists have created themselves a job, fighting the new diseases that they have caused, through this science, to be created. We are living longer so perhaps they are wining this fight. Though they haven’t really as yet been tested, they are racing to find new answers as we destroy the old ones from misappropriate use.

There is a whole scientific industry not living up to there responsibilities and a corrupt and ineffective government agency in the states rubber stamping this stuff. Control and money is what it about – patents.

Sorry no antibiotics is not an answer, I’m holding my breath hoping we will evolve
before this stuff hits the fan.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Did you know the U.S. has a few cases of bubonic plague every year? They have been in the W/SW. I recently heard of one in TX. It was probably in the spring of this year, before the drought really started.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

I found that list, I haven't updated it for a while (23 /7/08)

The following is a selection of mutated viruses from the last 5 years that have killed an average 25% of those infected. Notably the Nipah virus currently in Bangladesh is killing 75% of sufferers; the mutation is passed from human to human.
New viral infections transmitted between animals and human, include from pigs, goats, sheep, bats, chickens and of course rodents. The deadly chikungunya virus has traveled to India and Italy from Africa, 75% of some villages have contracted the disease.
A new cold virus killed 10 people in the United States last year. A major outbreak of febrile syndrome has mutated in Cyprus. There is an ongoing outbreak in China of an intestinal virus called enterovirus 71, or EV71. This virus causes a variant of hand, foot, and mouth disease. At least 25,000 children in China are suffering from this, and it is past from human to human.
A new flavivirus closely related to the tick-borne Kyasanur forest disease virus was isolated, in Saudi Arabia. West Nile virus has mutated and arrived in North America for the first time. This has infected 10s of thousands and killed hundreds. Bird flu, Sars and these others, are examples of viral mutations directly killing humans.
Many more mutations are infecting animals and plants alone. In New York State an epidemic has killed hundreds of thousands of 17 different species of fish. This has arrived in the Great Lakes.

Scientists are saying that the number of new viruses is unprecedented.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The outbreak of Yersenia in AD 1347 (to 1351 or so, flaring up many times (via the ports of Venice and southern France probably from central Africa via the Middle East) - until the 18th century may have been in tandem with an outbreak of Anthrax so it was a literal 'double whammy' - they would have to genome Anthrax alongside the Yersenia bacterium ..

If that could happen again.. (see 1917 !!)

Wow !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake

I had an inconclusive argument on ATS last year on viral mutations. Bloke was a working scientist in this field. His position is that viruses are already mutating continuously, mine was with GMO's they would have more ammunition for a wider and therefore more dangerous range of mutation. (I still think I’m right in that more mutations will exist because of this.

I added this argument to an increase of deadly mutations, he disagreed, because of linking the pandemic to virus mutation. The black death, is bacteria driven, he had no argument against bacteria mutation increases.

Hence there will be more bacterial pandemics because of GMO’s.
Further the massive viral pandemics, deaths were actually caused by a bacteria carried in most Europeans lungs. Again more deaths will occur in viral pandemics because of GMO’s.

Getting sick of yelling. And not wanting to be labelled a fear munger but I do think this is the greatest risk facing humans today.

This immediately made me think about the recent ecoli outbreak via leaf spinach and not too long ago - the Listeria outbreak linked backi to cantaloupes. I think it too so long to identify the listeria bacteria that many people were continuing to get sick up until a few weeks ago. I haven't heard or read any new details; but I haven't looked it up either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join