It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 Years: No Deaths from Vitamins, 3 Million from Prescription Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Source

Over the past 27 years the complete time frame that the data has been available there have been 0 deaths as a result of vitamins and over 3 million deaths related to prescription drug use. In fact, going back 54 years there have only been 11 claims of vitamin-related death, all of which provided no substantial evidence to link vitamins to the cause of death. The news comes after a recent statistically analysis found that pharmaceutical drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in the US.

In 2009, drugs exceeded the amount of traffic-related deaths, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide.

The findings go against the claims of mainstream medical 'experts' and mainstream media outlets who often push the idea that multivitamins are detrimental to your health, and that prescription drugs are the only science-backed option to improving your health. While essential nutrients like vitamin D are continually being shown to slash your risk of disease such as diabetes and cancer, prescription pharmaceuticals are continually being linked to such conditions. In fact, the top-selling therapeutic class pharmaceutical drug has been tied to the development of diabetes and even suicide, and whistleblowers are just now starting to speak out despite studies as far back as the 80s highlighting the risks.

Well, this pretty much sums it all up.

With so many deaths being attributed to prescription drugs it is a wonder why they are still legal.

With the FDA wanting to ban vitamin sales and trying to take them out of the reach of people without a prescription studies like this make you wonder why.

If medicine is in our culture to make ourselves more healthy, why rely on prescription drugs rather than vitamins and minerals? Why? Because they are natural and not owned by big pharma.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
WE at ATS are fairly well schooled in the dark plans of CODEX ALEMENTRIAS..(I prolly spelled that wrong).............and when I heard the new npr reports about how supplements are supposedly lowering life expectancy, my mind immediately went there.
They want to put reasons in place for the plan to take away all natural health supplements, and they seem to be singing THAT song..........I dont buy into it for a second. Its the PTB using the MSM to push their agenda as usual "sigh"

This is just MORE proof we must trust in what our bodies tell us other than the MSN.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Do we have any statistics on deaths due to lack of prescription drugs?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think most people on this site realize that the current medical practices in the US are more about money than saving lives. These prescription drugs may help people with one problem but often times lead to more complications and that is a good thing for a practicing physician looking to make more money...

As for vitamin supplements they are not as healthy as people think they are. Most of the vitamins found on the market are cheaply made and riddled with toxins. When buying and taking vitamins it is important to know and trust the company you are buying from because most of them are nothing but rubbish.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
THE big medical conspiracy is "STATINS".

They are debilitating on the muscles, bones, tendons, joints and the liver. So they get people on them to "control cholesterol" and as a result the people taking them lose muscle mass and become weaker and weaker until other problems set in thus feeding the "medical system"

My doctor tried to put me on them in the early '80's and I quickly recognized the lipitor was causing problems and I refused to take them any more. About 2 months ago, I realized that a friend of mine who is 79 was taking Semvastatin and I told him what my opinion was of it. Thankfully he quit taking it. At the time he could barely manage to swim two laps at the pool, now he goes every day and is swimming 40 laps and more. He said he could not understand why he was so weak before.and that since he stopped the statins he feels much stronger. He has a whole new outlook on life.

Stop the statins!! They are killing people with them!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's guaranteed that 100% of people taking vitamins, supplements or not taking vitamins and supplements are going to die.

Here is a link to an article I saw yesterday morning on Yahoo. It's the most retarded thing I ever read. They did a 19 year study on 13,000 women aged 62, after 19 years they were 81..... absolutely ridiculous.
We all know that the FDA wants to push big Pharma and kill us all after getting every red cent out of us first.

Don't listen to them...the media and the sickening propaganda garbagio being pushed down our throats. Do what your own body tells you.

Fresh fruit and veggies....your Momma was right. Vegetables and fruits are ALIVE, so they give life to us through their essence of life. Putting a bunch of manmade chemicals into your body are not what God intended. I'm not saying not to listen to your Doc, but do it with an open mind, and decide for yourself AFTER you read all the side effects!

www.livescience.com...
edit on 12-10-2011 by SuzMc because: Forgot link.....blondie here!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So I came across this article a few days ago.

I am definitely against most prescription drugs. I've lost too many friends to them. Most times they didn't even have a Rx for what they OD'd on. I live in near constant pain with injuries from the war, but I refuse to take the heroin being sold as pain pills that my doctors say I need. I manage the pain in my own ways.

But this article says:

Researchers from the University of Minnesota examined data from more than 38,000 women taking part in the Iowa Women's Health Study, an ongoing study with women who were around age 62 at its start in 1986. The researchers collected data on the women's supplement use in 1986, 1997 and 2004. Women who took supplements had, on average, a 2.4 percent increased risk of dying over the course of the 19-year study, compared with women who didn't take supplements, after the researchers adjusted for factors including the women's age and calorie intake.

For example, of the 12,769 women in the study who took a daily multivitamin, 40.8 percent had died by the end of 2008, whereas 39.8 percent of the 10,161 women who hadn't taken a daily multivitamin had died.

Basically too much of anything is bad for you.

The increased chance of dying "could be related to generally high concentration of compounds that these supplements contain. Most supplements contain higher amounts of nutrients than would be derived from food, and it is known that several compounds can be toxic in higher amounts, especially when consumed for a long time, as some of these accumulate to body," Mursu said.

It goes on to tout the benefits of a healthy diet/lifestyle:

"We would advise people to reconsider whether they need to use supplements, and put more emphasis on a healthy diet instead," Mursu said.

I think that's the most important. You gotta take of your body and really think about what you're putting into it these days. You shouldn't need a degree in chemistry to make out the ingredient label on your food.

Example:

Yuck!

Sodium Nitrite

A growing body of research implicating nitrites in a variety of health problems from migraines to cancer, however, has spurred research into more natural alternatives.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

I'll bet people with migraines and cancer take a good share of the Rx and supplemental medicines in this country. I wonder how many of them were eating stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Similarly, in the last 27 years we have had zero cancer remissions due to vitamins, zero undetectable HIV viral loads from vitamins, zero corrected A-V shunts in neonates from vitamins, and so on.

Prescription drugs have their risks, no one is denying that. But they also have massive benefits that vitamins don't have anything to do with.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Good catch but the "vitamins-versus-medications debate" is a distraction, and false polarization.

The fatalities described in your OP refer only to immediate effects - they're just the tip of the iceberg. Fact is, infectious misfolded proteins are created in the drug manufacturing process and during storage. These infectious misfolded proteins cause a variety of debilitating, degenerative and disabling diseases - chronic "noncommunicative diseases" (NCD's) - which are now pandemic.

A Role for Protein Misfolding in Immunogenicity of Biopharmaceuticals

…..misfolding of therapeutic proteins is an immunogenic signal and a risk factor for immunogenicity. ……Over the past decades, the use of therapeutic proteins has become common practice in medicine ……

Protein misfolding is an intrinsic and problematic property of proteins, which underlies a variety of degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer disease.
These diseases are characterized by the occurrence of fibrillar deposits, classically termed amyloid, containing aggregates of misfolded proteins.

……experiments pointed out that biopharmaceuticals, like any other protein, are amyloidogenic and that misfolding, detected by amyloid markers, takes place in several preparations. These markers, however, are not necessarily specific for fibrillar amyloid, but also for smaller misfolded protein species.

….. Various Biopharmaceuticals Display Amyloid-like Properties upon Exposure to Conditions of Stress, Indicating Protein Misfolding — During manufacturing and storage, biopharmaceuticals may also become exposed to various conditions of stress that can potentially underlie protein misfolding and the formation of amyloid-like properties.

…….Our results point to a common mechanism by which the immune system perceives misfolded proteins. We hypothesize that this lies in the changed conformation of the protein backbone itself. This implies that the innate immune system may be activated by recognition of the amyloid-like properties of misfolded protein. …

The NCD pandemic is getting a fair amount of press these days.

Time to fight the new global pandemic of chronic diseases

New cases of chronic noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes and chronic lung disease are exploding throughout the world, even in the poorest countries. These conditions account for 63 percent of deaths globally, and 80 percent of those deaths are occurring in low- and middle-income countries. Chronic diseases are also incredibly disabling and have a major negative impact on economic development, as they occur at a much earlier age and rob families of their breadwinners.

This pandemic is already destroying families, bankrupting nations and health care systems, and threatening the global economy.

…What's going to happen in 10 or 20 years when millions more people are debilitated and disabled? [Hint: In case you think this is a health issue, it's not.]

Chronic disease to cost $47 trillion by 2030: WEF

"This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue…"

And in case you might blame corporate industry or Big Pharma, let's make it perfectly clear:

What's killing us? Diseases that will kill 9 of 10 Americans

…..cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and a variety of other chronic ailments. And worse, unlike some infectious diseases, they're quite preventable.

This new, ultra-deadly pandemic threat is caused by we, ourselves. Sedentary lifestyles, poor eating habits, smoking, and other high-risk behavior causes most of these diseases. ….

More than anything, the root causes are apathy and sloth.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thousands of years: No deaths from breathing, millions dead form medication, instead of medicating illnesses, we should just sit around and breathe!

Attention all cancer patients, all you need to do is breathe, it won't kill you!

top topics

join