It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologies (by Obama for the atomic bombing of Japan) Not Accepted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Obama bowing to a bunch of foreign leaders was bad enough, but now leaked secret cables show that he was also planning to apologize to Japan for the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki - somehow forgetting that the world of 1945 was far different than today.

Fortunately, the Japanese government was smarter than the obama administration and nixed the idea.

source

Leaked cables show Japan nixed a presidential apology to Hiroshima and Nagasaki for using nukes to end the overseas contingency operation known as World War II.

The obsessive need of this president to apologize for American exceptionalism and our defense of freedom continued recently when Barack Obama's State Department (run by Hillary Clinton) contacted the family of al-Qaida propagandist and recruiter Samir Khan to "express its condolences" to his family.

They actually contacted them to say we're sorry we had to kill your mean little terrorist family member? Wonder if they also have, or are planning to, contact Osama bin Laden's family with a similar message - after also taking public credit for killing OBL, of course.

and

A heretofore secret cable dated Sept. 3, 2009, was recently released by WikiLeaks. Sent to Secretary of State Clinton, it reported Japan's Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling U.S. Ambassador John Roos that "the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a 'nonstarter.'"

The Japanese feared the apology would be exploited by anti-nuclear groups and those opposed to the defensive alliance between Japan and the U.S.

More evidence that the wheel have indeed come off the obama administration.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What. the.HELL?
I just...don't know where to start..*jaw on floor*

link   
Find the Wikileaks cable and you'd have something besides second hand information.

Until then, I'm not buying it.

link   
If It was me, I wouldn't forgive them either.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but there were way more options of targets...not to mention options of NOT dropping the bombs. The second bombing was just.......no words.......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Find the Wikileaks cable and you'd have something besides second hand information.

How much you willing to pay to buy it?

wikileaks cable

NPR and ABC are also reporting this now ...

edit on 10/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If this is true - then Obama is the Manchurian Candidate and he won't stop until what is left of this country is destroyed. Ummm Japan never apologized for Pearl Harbor or Batan did they? Never saw the Germany apology for the death camps. What the hell? My country falters under the idiocy of the government we elected to run it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

How much you willing to pay to buy it?

wikileaks cable

Ouch!! I read it

VFM Yabunaka pointed out that the Japanese public
will have high expectations toward President Obama's visit to
Japan in November, as the President enjoys an historic level
of popularity among the Japanese people. Anti-nuclear
groups, in particular, will speculate whether the President
would visit Hiroshima in light of his April 5 Prague speech
on non-proliferation. He underscored, however, that both
governments must temper the public's expectations on such
issues, as the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to
apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a
"non-starter." While a simple visit to Hiroshima without
fanfare is sufficiently symbolic to convey the right message,
it is premature to include such program in the November
visit.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

From your link:

C) VFM Yabunaka pointed out that the Japanese public
"non-starter."

A non-starter.

What does that mean? That he will?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger

Call me a conspiracy theorist but there were way more options of targets...not to mention options of NOT dropping the bombs. The second bombing was just.......no words.......

What?,It's the Japs who need to get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness for all the atrocities commited in their emperors name,they got off lightly with Nagasaki and Hiroshima being the only cities targeted if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger

Sure there was. Tokyo, Nagata, Osaka.............................. The funny thing is that everybody gets riled up about the atom bombs, nobody mentions the fire bombings, that killed far more people. Nobody mentions The Bataan Death March, The Rape of Nanking, Singapore, the Burma Railway and other atrocities committed by Japan. I forgot. You can't use those to bash the US over the head with.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

From your link:

C) VFM Yabunaka pointed out that the Japanese public
"non-starter."

A non-starter.

What does that mean? That he will?

Uh, "a non-starter" usually means it's considered not to be a good idea. In this case the Japanese are clearly saying that they don't think obama apologizing for the atomic bombings would be a good idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You make it sound as if it's the POTUS that wants to apologize when inreality it was an 'expectation' by the Japanese public that he will on his trip and shot down by the Japanese themselves.

If that was not your intent, then no problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: The son of the U.S. Air Force pilot who dropped the first atomic bomb in the history of warfare says the Obama administration’s decision to send a U.S. delegation to a ceremony in Japan to mark the 65th anniversary of the attack on Hiroshima is an “unsaid apology” and appears to be an attempt to “rewrite history.”

patdollard.com...

Leadership: Leaked cables show Japan nixed a presidential apology to Hiroshima and Nagasaki for using nukes to end the overseas contingency operation known as World War II. Will the next president apologize for the current one?

Text

phoebe53.wordpress.com...

I just called to say i'm SOWWY for kicking your butt and winning a war you start and one of my predecessors from the same party dropped those evil bombs that saved millions of americans and japanese lives that would have dragged on for years more.

im not sorry im thankful and there are hundreds of thousands of american and japanese servicemen and women and their families are thankful one of the most destructive wars that mankind has ever known was ended.

Americans bow down to no man no country and im not sorry for things i didnt do and of course im not arrogant enough to speak for a whole country or generations who have long passed.

i only speak for myself and no one else as it should be.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And the US apology tour 2011 continues on!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welcome to the nanny/police state.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And the blog-o-sphere awakens to the trumpet blare of disinformation.

Rally 'round the flag, quick.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantarey
Never saw the Germany apology for the death camps.

Germany is continuously apologizing since the end of WW II.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You make it sound as if it's the POTUS that wants to apologize when inreality it was an 'expectation' by the Japanese public that he will on his trip and shot down by the Japanese themselves.

If that was not your intent, then no problem.

From the cable it is not clear whether the Japanese public thought of the idea, or obama did. It does, however, sound like obama wanted to do it until called off by the Japanese government since the Japanese are telling the obama administration (and not the Japanese public) in the cable that it wouldn't be a good idea. So, moot point IMO because whoever thought of it first, obama was prepared to run with it. And as we've seen on other issues, would no doubt have taken credit for the idea after the fact - if it was well received.

Consider this: What evidence exists for obama going around giving speeches and making apologies that he doesn't want to do?

Easy to play connect the dots here when you consider the parts of the source I didn't post with obama's historical need to go around apologizing for what ever the U.S. has done. There's also the bizarre bowing episodes, of course.
edit on 10/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't really think it's his place to apologize for anything, much less the atomic bombing of Japan. Given the context, they arguably had it coming.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
It does, however, sound like obama wanted to do it until called off by the Japanese government since the Japanese are telling the obama administration (and not the Japanese public) in the cable that it wouldn't be a good idea.

Show me where it sounds like the POTUS wanted to do it.

If you do, I'll be convinced.

Otherwise, it was an expectation of certain Japanese citizens and shot down by the Japanese government.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join