It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Richest Celebrities Supporting Wall Street Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is the Top 5 from the list

#1 Yoko Ono Net Worth - $500 million.

Ono stated “I love ‘Occupy Wall Street’! John is sending his smile to ‘Occupy Wall Street’. I am sending my love to ‘Occupy Wall Street’. We are all working together. ”

#2 Russell Simmons Net Worth - $325 million

Keep in mind that on top of being a hip-hop mogul Simmons is the founder of a high fee credit card company called UniRush Financial Services.

#3 Roseanne Barr Net Worth - $80 million

Roseanne thinks anyone with over $100 million should be beheaded. Interesting that her net worth is $80 million. I guess she doesnt make “the cut”.

#4 Deepak Chopra Net Worth - $80 million

Chopra said #OWS is turning anger into awareness. The fortune he has made off his fluff filled books has just turned me to anger.

#5 Kanye West Net Worth - $70 million

newsbusters.org...

An interesting tidbit mentioned in the article involves Russell Simmons' UniRush prepaid credit card business. To use your own money, He'll charge you $15.90 a month. Sound Fair?? That greedy little banksta gangsta. Off with his head

The Florida Attorney General’s Office has named a Russell Simmons company as one of five financial firms selected for investigation into criminal activity. Unirush Financial Services, maker of the RushCard pre-paid debit card, has been subpoenaed along with First Data Corporation, Green Dot Corporation, Account Now, Inc., and Netspend Corporation for making fraudulent claims and charging hidden fees.

The RushCard bills itself as a product that will help people manage banking costs better than others, but its payment structure can make the RushCard more expensive than similar debit cards offered at a flat rate. At $1-2 per ATM transaction, using the RushCard can cost much more than the $16 a month the company represents, according to EUR Web. The financial organization also promises to help improve users’ credit ratings, a point under major dispute.

Possibly misleading its customers into believing that the RushCard builds credit and provides savings are two crimes that should be severely punished, if the Florida Attorney General’s Office is able to make its case. Russell Simmons has responded to these allegations by assuring the public that he welcomes the investigation. Simmons hopes it can incite a wider debate on improving the variety of financial instruments that are offered.

atlantapost.com...

www.rushcard.com...

More on the Top Ten. Maybe Letterman will pick this up tonight..

So we clearly struck some sort of nerve. But to be totally frank, we still do not understand why extremely wealthy celebrities keep showing up at Occupy Wall Street protests, making speeches and offering encouragement over social networks and public airwaves. Actually we completely understand, celebrities love attention. What we really don’t understand is why anyone involved in the Occupy Wall Street movement is taking these multi-millionaires seriously and allowing them to participate in their cause. Today the protesters marched through NYC’s wealthiest neighborhoods to tour the homes of the millionaires and billionaires they are fighting against and who crashed the party? Kanye West and Russell Simmons. This just seems wrong. Simmons and West most likely just walked downstairs from their own homes to join this protest of their neighbors. If you think either of these rap icons are sleeping in a park you would be dead wrong.

www.celebritynetworth.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by jibeho because: content

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
some on that list will be genuine supporters... but some will only be doing it for their own hidden agenda..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nice post. I just want to know one thing. When they went to protest in front of some of those "greedy bankers houses", why did they walk right past George Soros's building?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would like to know if these celebrities with all their money.....are using some of their money and connections to really help (Occupy) or is it all ...lip service.......

Does anyone have any facts about this?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Soros had his MSM invisibility cloak draped over his building. People aren't supposed to know that Soros is actually a Gazillionaire not a Billionaire. He his beyond the reach of any protest.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

That would be interesting. Maybe Kanye West donated some $1000 jeans to the homeless who have come for the free food.

When I see stuff like this and the 1,000's of "Occupy" items now for sale on EBay I have to just scratch my head and say OOOF!! From Bumper stickers to beverage coasters.... The impact of this movement is long gone and lost in the confusion on the street. Too many people craving attention for different reasons.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I bet this one is a big seller.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Most of this is nothing but a publicity stunt. If they were genuine, they simply would not have that much money, plain and simple. If they really believed in the cause they would give their money away. Perhaps keep a sizable amount, say $10M, but give the rest of it away.

No different than these celebrities who go out and adopt a half dozen kids from some hell hole. They get caught in candid photos with their kids, looking like the doting parents. In reality they have a full time nanny for each kid and do absolutely nothing for them. Nothing but props.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So what criteria does one need to meet in order to be allowed to support OWS?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
More and more are joining the protest... You can find more info here on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
So what criteria does one need to meet in order to be allowed to support OWS?

Just an awareness of reality, irony and hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Thanks for reminding me of why I stopped buying Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream 8 years ago. The funny part of that is that B&J is Owned by the mega Dutch conglomerate Unilever ($60 billion in sales last year). Oh the irony keeps on coming... Unilever is also a Bilderberg member
Just adds to the Bilderberg conspiracy of a NWO.

new topics

top topics

join