It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion am I?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am having trouble knowing what religion I am. I'll just list what I believe and don't believe below, please tell me what you think I am:

I DONT believe in a higher being (God(s)).
I DO believe in re-incarnation.
I DO believe in karma and that the level of your karma determines your re-incarnation (aka, you treat people like # this life, your next life is horrible; you treat people kindly and you prosper next life)
I DONT believe in texts (bibles, torah, etc)
I believe dreams are something special and can tell you things about either your past or close future.

Every Religion test I've ever taken online said I'm Theravada-Buddhist. I don't believe I'm Buddhist but, tell me what you think.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hmmmmm. hard to tell but i have the sam ideas you have bu in the back of my mind i freaking hate religion cause its all bs.

theres a spirtual world out theyre i believe due to our dreams and astral projection and other thingsthat happen

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe you're an Eckankar? One of my neighbors is, and he's given me literature to read. I think it's a crock, but it was good read, just like Urantia was a good read.

link   
Your philosophy of Karma and reincarnation puts you squarely in the buddhist camp. You sound a lot like myself at times. Read the celestine prophecy and seat of the soul, they may help put more perspective on things. Books are just that, books, what you make of them is divine inspiration!

reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

link   
It seems that you could class yourself as a spiritual kind of person which you can be without having a religion. And do not put to much importance you get from online tests, they are mostly for entertainment purposes only.

link   
theravadian mystic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I really don't know if you are really about any religion....you believe how you believe....and that is your choice and right.

What I find interesting too...is that Mitt Romney is a Mormon...and there are Mormon commercials on TV now.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't know if you really fit exactly into any well-known religion... Buddhism could work...

Jainism looks like it could be a somewhat close fit, too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think religion is BS as well, I could care less what I'm "classified" as.

This is gonna blow you guys out of the water too. I bounce back and forth between two beliefs. The thing I first posted and this:

I HONESTLY believe that an alien race came here to make us. The closest belief there is to what I believe is "Raelianism" but I've been told that is a cult. So I don't want to be in a cult, I'm not for that kind of thing.

I just believe that aliens created us, and told us that they were higher beings (Gods) in order to keep us all in line. Thus sparking most religions.

Haha, any thoughts on that?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You post made me smile. I myself am not one religion but a modge podge of them all. If you start from the first recorded religion and beliefs and move down the graph, you will find that they all have alot of common. My friends and family laugh because I carry a rosary in my purse, I wear a buddhist bracelet on my wrist and a pagan moon on my neck. I guess I want to cover all bases...lol. But the core of my belief goes to one creator, the divine, or God or Buddha, to me it is the same idea, same spirit, just a different name.

I find myself defending all religions at some point, usually to those who believe in nothing

edit on 12-10-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You are agnostic or atheist......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

An alien race is not that crazy of an idea. Are you at all familiar with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki?? But I think we have to remember the definition of what alien is:

al·ien
  a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.

In all actuallity would we not view any being not from this world an alien...even god???
Just think we ourselves are aliens.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the 6th century, Buddhism was growing rapidly. They even tried to incorporate the Kami from Shintoism. This Buddhist brand of Shintoism is very much like what you described. Look up the Honji Suijaku version of Shintoism and pretend those Kami's are ancestors instead of little Buddhas and you got yourself your religion.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why do you need to label your beliefs?

Perhaps you don't have a religion... have you considered that possibility?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't NEED to label them. But when people ask "Whats you're religion" It's too long to describe is as I described it to you. It's also annoying to say "Buddhist" because they say smart a$$ things like "Well, where do you pray? Where are your temples? Etc."

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
I don't NEED to label them. But when people ask "Whats you're religion" It's too long to describe is as I described it to you. It's also annoying to say "Buddhist" because they say smart a$$ things like "Well, where do you pray? Where are your temples? Etc."

So you can't answer... I don't have a religion, but i have beliefs?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That might work, but then you know curiosity will creep its head into peoples mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

That might work, but then you know curiosity will creep its head into peoples mind.

Which might force them to ask questions about that curiosity.... to which he could answer his beliefs

And if they make fun, or disagree... why should he care?

edit on 12-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And if they make fun, or disagree... why should you care?

I have no emotion to the matter, just people are curious, offering a different angle to look at.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

And if they make fun, or disagree... why should you care?

I have no emotion to the matter, just people are curious, offering a different angle to look at.

Arn't you the one that says "test all spirits"?

Just because its a different point of view, even one you don't agree with, does not mean you can't learn something from that pov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join