It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Sunday's New York City Protest, A Photo-Essay.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I hope the protesters are taken [taking themselves] seriously. I don't want to see any of them get hurt though, the cops can be sick and nasty.

Keep it up protesters. You reflect my deep dissatisfaction with the Neo-Con[artists]. They are economic and foreign policy disasters.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I recall that at the montreal protest (I think it was at that one) some of the protestors had been arragned into color coded groups, based upon how much time they were willing to serve or if at all. Green red and I think yellow. Wonder if this is a similar group. They certainly don't look it.

'Alright, naked guy showed up!"

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think it's nice that so many people showed up and looking at the numbers the arrests were so few. That's a great thing and I hope that trend continues the entire time.

I think that both protestors and police need to understand one thing. Each of them are nervous about the other. If they can get that feeling across all lines, they will all be better off. The marchers are nervous they're going to be harassed by cops, the cops are nervous they're going to be severely outnumbered by marchers and who knows what can happen. If each side walks in with a deep understanding of that concept I believe that things will go just fine.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I dont think those protests are indicative of anything. They are just a small collection of people who have nothing better going for them in their lives. In Seattle while driving downtown there always seems to be some sort of gay protest. I would guess that most people dont care about gays and think their protests are stupid and I agree. These protests will have zero effect on the overall election.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
All you Bush supporters don't have to hate protestors. Just because most normal people in the WORLD disagree with you, doesn't mean you have to be bitter and hateful about dissent.

Bush is a "catastrophic success," which is what our wonderful leader called Iraq.

Success, meaning he managed to sneak into the White House.
Catastrophic, meaning we will be paying the price for his "miscalculations" for a long, long time. And imagine the damage he'll get to do with another 4 years.

Protest on!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It feels me with pride to see the pictures of freedom of speech in this country and I am glad that not amount of scare tactics and "terror alerts" has hinder the will of the people in this country.

I wish I had the chance to be in NY too.

NY rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I suspect most of these protesters are more concerned with getting blitzed and hooking up. That's the feeling I used to get from them when I ran around with that ilk. Everyone knows liberal chicks are easy
And they sure don't mind taking care of things if the rubber breaks.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well then, the first day. Wonder what is going to happen later this week. That day the police were nice, but what happens when the GOP orders the cops to stop the protesting less anyone watching the news sees them.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Let the message of freedom ring. Nothing says it better than the destruction of the right of free assembly and free speech. America is most definitely not grand today.

If I'm not mistaken the right of free assembly and free speech appears to be quite exercised in all those photos. I've heard no tainted news coverage about out of control protesters so far (except those who like to trash the streets and sidewalks). I'd say allowing a mass of people with opinions other than your own to occupy city streets and halt traffic appears to be free assembly.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
If I'm not mistaken the right of free assembly and free speech appears to be quite exercised in all those photos.

Oh yes, exercised in "protest zones" and not in area's that were made off limits. Free speech at MSG? You scream against Bush and you'll be hauled off.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What sort of freedom were you looking for? Did you want MSG to be opened up to the public for everyone to scream and yell? As soon as all parties agree to open their conventions to the public and abandon all forms of security and process then I'm sure that will happen.

Of course that is not realistic and will never occur.

In Boston there were orderly protests outside the convention, in New York there were orderly protests outside the convention. I find nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm loving the naked guy, and he's standing right outside of Ray's! Great pizza place for anyone who was wondering, one of the best in town.

You're right, it does seem rather calm, but that's probably because the turtleneckers come through first, and the window smashers set in once the hours grow and the morale weakens.

Ahhh the days.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
SO

Very nice job with the photos...thanks for the frontline view.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Really nice and all, but I must have missed it. What was the protest about?
troylawson

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
why we don't see those new on TV???
you now like on CNN or something......
or is the media controlet by the goverment?? :S

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vertexc
why we don't see those new on TV???

Because this was back in August?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A nice little gathering... Just a couple questions...why is it that when such gatherings form some people believe this is how most of America feels?....

So president Bush was elected, yet liberals/democrats/greens and some others don't want to accept it and prefer to protest about it and yell to the top of your voices that you don't want Bush?......what else is new?...

You are free to protest sure, just like anyone else is free to protest or choose which candidate should be president......but this is not how "the U.S." feels, according to the elections, there is a whole lot of people in the U.S., more than 150,000-200,000.... even for a city such as New York, that's a very small gathering.

The main question is...what exactly are liberals/democrats/greens etc, expecting to get out of these demonstrations?.....Kerry lost, Bush was chosen whether you people like it or not.... You expect the rest of the U.S. to bow down to your protests and allow for Kerry to be president?....well, tell you what...you lost, deal with it, perhaps in the next elections a democrat, if he is worthy enough, will be elected....but for now most of the U.S. chose Bush, not Kerry.

humm, just saw that some people were posting and this is "old news"....it's been a long day... forgive my ranting....

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join