It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Climbing: Incredible Video Footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi all. I don't think anyone has posted this yet, after doing a quick search, so watch the video and "enjoy it".

Listening to the japaneese aboard the vessel is kind of funny. Its like they are having an orgy, but an orgy of fear and amusement rather than of pleasure.

Normally the tsunami(tidal wave) is only a few feet high but this one is like 50 feet plus. Apparently they just made it out of port to avoid the death&destrution that would follow had they stayed in.

I can't stop watching this to understand the raw power of nature.
Feel free to leave any comments......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow, that is amazing! It would be interesting to know where this vessel was at te time this was filmed.

I have to say I would be freaking out if I were a crewman watchibg it approach!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I wonder if they warned mainland after this..
I hope

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think this has been posted before on the Japanese tsunami thread (when it kicked off). However I am not going to act like most other new members and say delete it blah blah blah (I have seen many new members doing this and it makes me laugh) Fair play for posting it again, I would proper poo myself if I was on that ship!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Amazing video!

But..
"Listening to the japaneese aboard the vessel is kind of funny. Its like they are having an orgy, but an orgy of fear and amusement rather than of pleasure."

Sorry I just don't get the humour in a culture different than mine being scared because a killer feat of nature is coming towards them and their home/country/everything.

I see that as the opposite of funny to be honest.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Afaik this Boat was close to Sanriku Coast, when you divide the Coast above Tokyo in three parts
it will be on the Top!

It is a Coast-Guard Ship and a well trained Crew

I would like to see the other Waves but there are afaik no Records!
(there was 3 big ones)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i got seasick just looking at that, and i don't usually get sea sick!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's hard to get the perspective of how big the wave is, would be great if there was a side view of the ship going up the wave.

Still, I would be having to change my shorts if I saw that coming at me across the water...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I didn't see it anywhere but here. Thanks for the post. Ya , thats impressive a quick glance down the leanght of the wave woulda been kewl . But I guess I'de be overwelmed as to not think of it myself. Impressive.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NervousNJerky

I have seen this video before but not here..Nice to see it again..However i do not believe that the vessel made it trew the very last wave..I'm only going by memory..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have been over far big waves in the north sea.

ALS

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
I think this has been posted before on the Japanese tsunami thread (when it kicked off). However I am not going to act like most other new members and say delete it blah blah blah (I have seen many new members doing this and it makes me laugh) Fair play for posting it again, I would proper poo myself if I was on that ship!!!

Actually it makes me kind of angry when they use the double standard in deciding which topic and videos are allowed second, third, fourth string coverage and which topic is allowed only once. Like I said after doing a search NO ONE ELSE posted it before.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iseladore

It's hard to get the perspective of how big the wave is, would be great if there was a side view of the ship going up the wave.

Still, I would be having to change my shorts if I saw that coming at me across the water...

Yeah it depends on what ship your standing to begin with. Someone mentioned a coast guard vessel which is pretty low to the water, so I would imagine the wave to be about 50 feet tall. They caught the wave close to the shore before it broke so naturally it was at its highest point.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Exactly mate. this video wouldn't come up in a search as it was posted in the middle of a thread so you would have to sift through hundreds and hundreds of posts to find it! I think people on this site need to chill out sometimes when it comes to double posts, Especially those who have been here for only five minutes!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

I wonder if they warned mainland after this..
I hope

The japanese have advanced tsunami warning systems in place because they have experienced earthquakes and tsunamis many times in the past. This is the reason why many people escaped the onslaught from the pacific but only (x) people can be saved from the big cities due to congestion factor.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iseladore

You must not spend much time at sea, I've seen far worse. That's not bad at all from my experiences at sea.

That was really not much to the ship. Most of the boats that were destroyed in the harbors could have been saved by sailing them out to sea after the Earthquake, and the news reports mentioned a few captains who actually saved their ships this way, but unfortunately not many.

Tsunamis are relatively impotent at sea like this, it's not until they get closer to shore that they become harmful.

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I have been over far big waves in the north sea.

ALS
I believe that. I've been over bigger waves too, the people who think that's a big wave must be landlubbers who've never seen real big waves.

Here's some North sea waves hammering an offshore oil platform:

Now, imagine yourself standing on the deck of a ship next to that rig. A crane operator lowers a crew basket for you to step onto so he can lift you up to the platform, but he can't keep the crew basket on the deck of the ship, because the ship is bouncing up and down too much.

Then you might have a reason to soil your britches.

Here's what the crew basket looks like if you don't know what I'm talking about:

Actually some people are a little freaked out by that even in calm water, but it's pretty scary in rough seas when you try to jump on between waves before the deck heaves way up or down.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have been in bigger waves back when i was in the Navy

The one i like is the new Tsunami Survival Ball.
That will be a e-ticket ride.
www.t-h-a-t.org...

Already they have 600 orders for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Viracocha shakes his head and says "That was nothing, believe me"

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thats not rough, imagine what these sailors went though as it would of been more than one waved they faced and in a lot larger vessle.

Now thats underwear changing material just looking at it, I would of been thinking watching the nose from the deck that this is it and that it wouldnt be coming back up and drive under.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Trigger82 because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There is a huge Difference between a Wave created by a Storm
and a Tsunami-Wave generated by an Earthquake,
the People on the Japanese Boat knew that this Waves will eliminate/ annihilate everything!

I am sure that some People did not knew at that moment where the own Family is,
"are they safe, are they at home, why i cant reach them by Telephone, etc"!

The Wave was not so big at the Sea but reached up to 40m. on and in the Sanriku Coast
edit on 17-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join