It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Qaeda linked terror group 'to spare Vatican'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

August 30, 2004

A GROUP linked to al-Qaeda has said it will spare the Vatican while focusing attacks on Italy and its prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, for rejecting an ultimatum to pull Italian troops out of Iraq.

A statement signed by the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades-European Battalion has been posted on an Islamist website.

"We declare that the Vatican will never be one of our targets, as we will only strike in painful places which will force the vile Italian soldiers in Iraq to get out," it said.

"We warn you, Berlusconi, that you may have escaped attempts against you in the past, but our position is clear and we will not be lenient and we will not stop until security becomes reality in the Muslim country of Iraq.

news.com.au...

Just more bluster? I wonder.
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thats nice of them

Darn, i never knew they had a heart

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Thats nice of them

Darn, i never knew they had a heart

infinite, I was thinking the same thing.
I wonder if they expect some sort of "credit" for being so generous

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe all the Italians should go hidein the Vatican for safety. Maybe then we would see if they would be willing to actually keep thier word.
I guarantee that if Italy's Government were granted amnesty in the Vatican, The PUNKS would still bomb it.

Overgrown Punks with weapons and money. F'N Idiots

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This kind of thing always puzzles me-

Why would a terrorist publically announce anything?

Furtherance of goals is the only answer I can come up with.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Am I the only one who see's why they made this"grand statement"

Think of where the US is now-Iraq. Think of what is in Iraq-many religious mosks and such. If they went after the Vadicon-it would be open season on muslium mosks.

Think of what jusr ended in Najar * spelling. A gropp of "insurgents were hold up in a holy muck, muck shrine. The US and Iraq were close to going into the shrine and removing them by force. A high religious leader brought thousands of people to the shrine and told them to leave or else. they left.

The US has taken great care to avoid hurting their religious buildings-if they went after christian buildings-they could be sure we would too.

I wouldn't doubt if many religious leaders who support them told them if they do that-hurt Vadicain- they would lose all support they have.

new topics

top topics

join