It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar is true acording to NASA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It is an issue on the providers end and there were no excessive solar winds hitting our planet that last couple of days.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Everyone who has a Blackberry run for the hills.
The end of civilisation is nigh!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysic

please provide a primary source , in english

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The Long Count doesn't track solar storms or anything else celestial. It was merely a way to keep track of time. It has absolutely no prophecies associated with it and was designed to continue forever. Also, it sounds like this article is going off an out of date statement from NASA. They currently predict that the solar maximum won't occur until spring 2013 and will be less active than usual.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

That's not actually true. The end of the 13th baktun is just that, the end of the 13th baktun. There is no special significance associated with this date. The calendar doesn't roll over to zero and we don't enter a new Age/World/etc. All that happens is that it is then the 14th baktun. It's much the same way that at midnight New Year's day we will move from 2011 to 2012.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
According to NASA, huh?

Then why aren't you linking to a website owned by NASA.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That's pretty funny since the Mayans did not know about solar storms. That's a modern concept.
The Mayans did not understand EM. Besides, my wireless connections were fine all this week.

All this shows is the hoaxers can be found any where, even in Macedonia.

Here is a photo showing how the Mayans might have built a wireless network. Here the professor is making a radio out of a coconut.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Nasa is not anyones friend. They lie about everything.

They lie? Please give me several examples. If what you say is true, then it should be easy for you to post many examples. In the mean time I will post a few counterexamples.
1. Star occlusion by asteroids
2. Near misses by asteroids
3. Supernova sightings
4. Solar storm warnings
5. Pollution tracking using satellites

These are all things that can be independently verified by amateurs without the need for special equipment.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here's one brief Tip, when the Mayan calendar runs out ............ Treat yourself to a Pirelli Calendar.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Don't forget all the times when doomsayers have said some celestial object was going to destroy Earth and NASA said it would pass by safely. Those instances show who the true liars are.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sorry OP, nothing happened here in Europe...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I made and received several calls on the date in question.
Although I don't live in the UK, all my calls went through.
CME's will come and go but life will go on. December
2012 will also come and go without any significant event
happening. The odds of a life extinguishing event in our
life time is very slim.
edit on 13-10-2011 by jason97 because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metaphysic
Just yesterday the field of wireless communication was complete chaos. Many users of mobile phones and the Internet worldwide, primarily in Europe can not send and receive messages. Particular problems had BlackBerry users who had access to Facebook, Twitter and MSN.

Sounds more like another wet excuse for killing our comms when they want to divide us and prevent us from finding out what countries have been slaughtered with tesla technology ..... I live in N.E, England , i use wireless internet, i have mobile phones , and i`m having no problems at all........ its just another - "oooooh blame the magic man in the sky" ... get ready, because by the looks of things .... THEY are.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

They said Elenin wasn't a threat. That proved to be true. Seems you lie more than they do thus far.

Mayans never predicted an end of the world. People need to do research and extensive research at that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Many years ago an astronomer friend explained to me that when Mercury goes retrograde - electrical items will not work efficiently. When Mercury returns to a regular orbit - electrical items will work as though nothing had happened.

I still believe that our ancient tribes have a lot of wisdom and the knowledge from their respective cultures should be studied and never ignored. We have more disease than ever before in our history, war has been a constant thread in every generation, we have polluted our water and created a throw away society - we NEED to listen to the ancient tribes. We need to keep learning - particularly from our history - so that we might learn from it and not keep repeating our mistakes.

As for NASA - they are government funded - by taxpaying citizens - who never get proper information about what their taxes are being spent on - why would anyone believe NASA?

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Many years ago an astronomer friend explained to me that when Mercury goes retrograde - electrical items will not work efficiently. When Mercury returns to a regular orbit - electrical items will work as though nothing had happened.

Nothing of the sort has ever been observed.

I still believe that our ancient tribes have a lot of wisdom and the knowledge from their respective cultures should be studied and never ignored. We have more disease than ever before in our history, war has been a constant thread in every generation, we have polluted our water and created a throw away society - we NEED to listen to the ancient tribes. We need to keep learning - particularly from our history - so that we might learn from it and not keep repeating our mistakes.

1. There is a lot of ancient knowledge such as how to build stone tools - it's practically a lost art
2. Diseases are down, not up. Look at the big jump in human lifespans and the drop in infant mortality
3. War has been around for ever
4. The myth that ancient man was a better protector of the environment is false. There just were not enough people to make an impact.

There is a thread about NASA and what it would reveal.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You've assumed much. Mercury and it's retrograde motion affecting electrical items has never failed - for me.

1. Ancient knowledge is valuable particularly with regard to human ethos. I just don't like the savagery of some. Ancient cultures looked after family unlike today where many children come from fractured families.
2. Diseases are up - it's got nothing to do with how long we live. So many pharmaceuticals are consumed by so many people across the planet that medical chemicals are being detected in water samples. Why live to a hundred if you are arthritic - needing handfuls of medication to function - have no memory like alzheimers ...do I need to continue for you to get my point?
3. War does not have to happen. We have never been given an opportunity to live in peace and some of us are hoping we may just get that chance - when people like you stop accepting that war is a 'natural' part of life. So is sharing - we just don't live in a world where sharing is widely practiced.
4. Where did I state anything about protection of the environment? I did mention we have a throw away society. How many rubbish tips do we need to have all over the planet? How many plastic containers have to float around the oceans. How many animals have to suffer from our pollution?

While I respect you have your opinions and I will read them peacefully - please expand your thinking. Please just try to imagine a world without war - without people blown to bits - without the sadness and futility of it all. War does not have to exist - we support it and so it continues.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Skippy1138

That's not actually true. The end of the 13th baktun is just that, the end of the 13th baktun. There is no special significance associated with this date. The calendar doesn't roll over to zero and we don't enter a new Age/World/etc. All that happens is that it is then the 14th baktun. It's much the same way that at midnight New Year's day we will move from 2011 to 2012.

Yes-that's what i was trying to say.......

You put it better than I did.....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

You've assumed much. Mercury and it's retrograde motion affecting electrical items has never failed - for me.

It's interesting how people see things that do not exist. There are many examples even in science such as mesmerism and N-rays.

2. Diseases are up - it's got nothing to do with how long we live. So many pharmaceuticals are consumed by so many people across the planet that medical chemicals are being detected in water samples. Why live to a hundred if you are arthritic - needing handfuls of medication to function - have no memory like alzheimers ...do I need to continue for you to get my point?

Diseases are not up. The detection of pharmaceuticals in water has nothing to do with disease rates. Nothing you post has anything to do with disease rates.

3. War does not have to happen. We have never been given an opportunity to live in peace and some of us are hoping we may just get that chance - when people like you stop accepting that war is a 'natural' part of life. So is sharing - we just don't live in a world where sharing is widely practiced.

You claim that we have never been given the chance to live in peace. People have been on Earth for tens of thousands of years. All I stated was that war has been around for ever. I take it that you agree. I never claimed it was natural.

4. Where did I state anything about protection of the environment? I did mention we have a throw away society. How many rubbish tips do we need to have all over the planet? How many plastic containers have to float around the oceans. How many animals have to suffer from our pollution?

All you did was state that pollution exists. I wanted to point out that this is not new. Probably the biggest pollution event in the history of the Earth was the destruction of the early atmosphere with oxygen. That killed off much of the early life on Earth which is now relegated to spots here and there where the oxygen has not penetrated long enough to kill off the anaerobes.

While I respect you have your opinions and I will read them peacefully - please expand your thinking. Please just try to imagine a world without war - without people blown to bits - without the sadness and futility of it all. War does not have to exist - we support it and so it continues.

Please don't pretend that others cannot imagine these situations. I can, but that situation has never existed and is unlikely to exist.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I respect your right to express your opinion.

You do not have the right to tell me what I do or do not see.
You do not have the right to tell me what to think.

Luckily I am secure within myself and can see that you need to be in control.
I do not need to be in control and as such leave you to your life.

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join