It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of brave dentists speak out against water fluoridation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hundreds of brave dentists speak out against water fluoridation

www.naturalnews.com

It takes a special kind of humility for a medical professional to admit that something he or she was taught in medical school, and has long since clung to as fact, is actually false. But a growing number of dentists from around the world, many of whom formerly supported water fluoridation, are now boldly speaking out against it as a long-held, unsubstantiated medical dogma purported to prevent tooth decay, but that actually damages health and provides no legitimate oral health benefits.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
EDIT TO ADD: Anyone who hasn't already checked it out I highly recommend checking this site out: Fluoride Action Network. You will be able to see the major progress that has been accomplished already and you will be able to find information relating to how you can make a change. The ball is beginning to roll people, we just all need to give it a little kick and do our part!

Recently, there has been intense pressure in many communities to remove fluoride chemicals from water supplies. Particularly in the US where fluoridation is quite common, many local residents have been sending information about fluoride's dangers to their city council members, and even attending and speaking at meetings.

But what is often missing from reports about anti-fluoridation efforts is the fact that many medical professionals, including dentists, are also in agreement that fluoride ingestion is dangerous. In other words, these are not just concerned citizens without medical degrees that are raising an issue, but they are people that have been extensively educated in oral health.

The anti-fluoride revolution is progressing steadily onwards. Great news! More and more professionals are growing the balls to stand up for the truth.

More and more people are becoming aware of the many harmful effects fluoride ingestion has on human health and life in general. We need not worry any more about having scientific evidence to back up our case because it is already there!

You just have to present the evidence to your local council/government/w.e and common sense and general humaneness will win the battle. This is a battle we all need to fight, help keep the ball rolling!

I have been writing to my local council and am currently putting together a resource pack.

Here is the proof that you can do something, people ARE doing something right now!:

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And what, pray tell, are the purported side effects of fluoride in public drinking water?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

For a start yellowing teeth, you do also know and realise that flouride is a toxic by product from manufacturing dont you

Anyway do you really trust someone who can and will fill your mouth with a toxic heavy metal and thenwhen you get them replaced they wont let you keep them as they have to be disposed of as toxic waste
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: Hit post instead of preview

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Google has all the answers: Source

----Fluoride has been added to water in the form of hexafluorosilicic acid (an industrial waste product) in the hope that it would reduce tooth decay. However it is a poison that has some serious side effects, badly affecting almost every organ in the body and does not reduce tooth decay in permanent teeth (has graphs) nor even in first teeth and The decline in tooth cavities has been the same in fluoridated and non fluoridated countries. Europe is only 2% fluoridated but has tooth decay similar to or less than the USA, which is 64% fluoridated. A study showed higher number of cavities in a fluoridated village than in nearby non fluoridated villages in South Africa. [Grobler] Fluoride is more poisonous than lead and only marginally less so than arsenic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Off the top of my head: Organ failure, Brain damage.

It badly damages any part of your body that it makes contact with after prolonged use or sudden exposure.

And we are ingesting this crap in about the most prolonged sense we could be.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Somebody also let the dentists know that scraping your teeth with that metal instrument when they clean the plaque off permanently removes the enamel and leads to tooth breakage.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nice thread my friend. This is an important issue that needs more awareness in today's society. I have also written a letter to my congressman and emailed a few newspapers from my area. The bottom line is water fluoridation is medication without consent and it only takes five minutes of research to understand why you wouldn't want this stuff in your body.

I encourage everyone interested in this to go sign this petition at whitehouse.gov (this is my 20th post so i can now flag your thread lol!)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is great, I agree with these dentist...

Fluoride needs to be taken out of the water..

If you want to use fluoride then you should have
that choice. Not it being FORCED into your
drinking water.. I buy third party water, I will not
drink the city water as we call it..

When I was a kid I used fluoride chewers
they were gummy and had a good taste.

Never have had a cavity.. The younger you are
the more fluoride your body can absorb. As you
get older you do NOT need to keep ingesting it...

Topical only for older adults.. NO ONE should be FORCED
to ingest ANYTHING!!

BRAVE DENTIST THEY ARE!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here we go again... same old song again.

I'll refrain from General Ripper references.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Most published reports show 1 to 5 milligrams of fluoride per liter of black tea, but a new study shows that number could be as high as 9 milligrams.

Fluoride is known to help prevent dental cavities, but long-term ingestion of excessive amounts could cause bone problems. The average person ingests a very safe amount, 2 to 3 milligrams, daily through fluoridated drinking water, toothpaste and food. It would take ingesting about 20 milligrams a day over 10 or more years before posing a significant risk to bone health.

Whitford discovered that the fluoride concentration in black tea had long been underestimated when he began analyzing data from four patients with advanced skeletal fluorosis, a disease caused by excessive fluoride consumption and characterized by joint and bone pain and damage. While it is extremely rare in the United States, the common link between these four patients was their tea consumption -- each person drank 1 to 2 gallons of tea daily for the past 10 to 30 years.

So, let us all stop drinking tea, for it contains more fluoride than your civilization-destroying water does.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

US parents were advised strictly not to make their babies bottled formula with fluoridated water.
I was about to go on and on about why it shouldn't be in the water... but is the argument going to take us anywhere?

F' it.

The fact still remains that there is something in our water supplies that is completely unnecessary, is grounded in bad science and was known to be harmful before it was even in the water supplies. Sodium Fluoride used to be the main ingredient in rat poisons for gods sake.

You can quote numbers all day long and so can I. But the fact STILL remains.. we are getting forcefully medicated against our will. And the 'Medication' is actually the completely opposite of medication.. it is poison..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And candy is actually good for you!

(In my city, Victoria BC Canada, dentistry is not covered by health care, and they get $500.00 per hour, and are more crooked than any mechanic you ever saw in your life.)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

From the source you posted.

Fluoride is known to help prevent dental cavities, but long-term ingestion of excessive amounts could cause bone problems. The average person ingests a very safe amount, 2 to 3 milligrams, daily through fluoridated drinking water, toothpaste and food. It would take ingesting about 20 milligrams a day over 10 or more years before posing a significant risk to bone health.

The method used to study effects:

Most published studies about black tea traditionally have used a method of measuring fluoride that doesn't account for the amount that combines with aluminum to form insoluble aluminum fluoride, which is not detected by the fluoride electrode. Whitford compared that method with a diffusion method, which breaks the aluminum-fluoride bond so that all fluoride in the tea samples can be extracted and measured.

So drink up your black tea and fluoride water, food and toothpaste in ten years significant risk to bone health....Cheers!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Awesome Post, this is one fight I would love to see won and see the flouridation of water stop. I have spent hundreds of dollars on reverse osmosis water filtration systems and after doing tests on the tap water before and after filtration I found that the tap water in my neigborhood has a ppm (part per million) of 390+ and after filtration it goes down to 14 ppm and it's the best water I have ever had but the filter need to be replaced often and can be costly. The filters alone when being changed can be amazingly filthy just after a year of use. I would love to see better tap water without flouride! S+F

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by Aim64C

From the source you posted.

The method used to study effects:

Most published studies about black tea traditionally have used a method of measuring fluoride that doesn't account for the amount that combines with aluminum to form insoluble aluminum fluoride, which is not detected by the fluoride electrode. Whitford compared that method with a diffusion method, which breaks the aluminum-fluoride bond so that all fluoride in the tea samples can be extracted and measured.

So drink up your black tea and fluoride water, food and toothpaste in ten years significant risk to bone health....Cheers!

I use plain salt, not tooth paste. Anything recommended by dentists is sure to be poison. Every second person in hell is a dentist.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Anyone who hasn't already checked out I highly recommend checking this site out. Fluoride Action Network. You will be able to see the major progress that has been accomplished already and you will be able to find information relating to how you can make a change. The ball is beginning to roll people, we just all need to give it a little kick and do our part!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Children who have been raised on bottled water develop more tooth decay than those who got the fluronated tap water. This makes those hundreds of denstists look stupid.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing and respect to their brave souls...

edit on 10/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The fact still remains that there is something in our water supplies that is completely unnecessary, is grounded in bad science and was known to be harmful before it was even in the water supplies. Sodium Fluoride used to be the main ingredient in rat poisons for gods sake.

Fluoride is, essentially, any compound with Fluorine in an ionic bond.

Sodium Fluoride is considerably different from the additive in most public water supplies, which is hexafluorosilicic acid and the salt: sodium hexafluorosilicate.

You can quote numbers all day long and so can I. But the fact STILL remains.. we are getting forcefully medicated against our will. And the 'Medication' is actually the completely opposite of medication.. it is poison..

I disagree with it from the political aspect of it.

Fluoride, however, is not a poison - it's fairly ignorant to treat it as such.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

That's another story in itself, tap water has much more strict regulations than bottled water so your smart water may not be a smart choice. From what I've read Nestle which is Arrowhead has the most fluoride in it, more that tap water.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join