It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

That's a great point - how can they teach if they've never done anything but learn? I found teaching after I was out of college for a number of years. Many of the things I've learned outside of teaching I use the most to help me be an effective teacher.

And just like anywhere, you have people that just don't know when to quit.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kluskinoodle

The teachers that I respected the most in school had worked elsewhere in other fields. They were very good at getting compliance from children, when the others were at a loss as to how to handle a disruptive student.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kluskinoodle
reply to post by Evolutionsend

That's a great point - how can they teach if they've never done anything but learn? I found teaching after I was out of college for a number of years. Many of the things I've learned outside of teaching I use the most to help me be an effective teacher.

And just like anywhere, you have people that just don't know when to quit.

I think that may show that the DOE has been successful in turning people in good little worker bees just doing as they are told. The mantra seems to be get on a path and stay on it, there is nothing else to know other than what it takes to teach what they want to be taught. In this aspect it does not fall all on education, but all fields of occupation. I wonder if that is a side affect from the number of people out there that are not working in the field that they have their degrees in.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join