It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garage Invaded By *Raccoons* -- Results in a "Licking" For Me: Advice, Suggestions, Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Lowe's Home Improvement have live traps. I would set it in the garage and reset the scene that drew them in, minus you being asleep in the chair. Then CAREFULLY take the trap to a proper environment. If not sure in your area call your county extension service. Every county in every state of the US has an extension service.

I have to agree, you got kissed by nature! So deal with your resolution delicately and in positive energy.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks to all for your responses, perspectives and views on this pseudo-comical/serious matter for me:
:
See I got moved to BTS. What, a health/wellness thread, never heard of such! Learn something new every day on here, lolz

reply to post by el1jah

No, I will not go to the hospital nor take shots. Can you imagine the hoot they would get out of "a coon licked me". I have been to hospitals twice over the past years for *poisonous* spider/snake bites, and the the tetanus and anti-venoms alone about did me in.

reply to post by MartialFlaw

Oh, I would *love* to have it all recorded. I failed to mention that I jumped up into the chair and *they* looked at me like I was some kind of zombie before they scurried away. Too bad the cameras are on the outside of the house, not the inside.

reply to post by antar

My, my, you sound just like my dad's aunt who's meeting the century mark--when I conveyed what happened she said the most exact words you did (though you are more inspirational). We have eastern native american blood in our lineage and I guess she's one of the few elders/keepers left--nanyehi.

You don't seem physically as old as her--but spiritually like a wise owl.

reply to post by nwdogg1982

Are the coons ok? heh, heh. Hadn't thought of that but they may be adversely effected by the OPI toxins from my nails....Hope not!

Oh, they won't be back. Normally I have 1 or 2 dogs or a human with me, and this hasn't happened ever. (Crosses fingers)

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Umm......whacking animals with golf clubs.........perhaps you should see someone about that.....thats kind of disturbing......

Dude...I totally agree...

However, there are people that eat 'coons, 'possums and the like...err, swat, or road kill, I guess.
Gross to me but delectable to them. In one southern town, they have a market where they put them up with one paw left on so that the customers are assured of what they're buying .....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

They've never been a problem before that...I have dogs who are normally outside with me. No incidents with trash cans, neighbors, etc. either.

I take *full responsibility*, and need to keep the door entirely shut or have the dogs out with me...

But thanks for your advice in case they do become a problem in the future...

edit on 13-10-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You've got more chance of catching rabies getting yer toes licked by Fergie.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Eeeeeww....probably true....but don't like such mental images in me head!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Are you SURE that Fergie doesn't have rabies?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Are you SURE that Fergie doesn't have rabies?

It's the wide eyes and occasional frothing of the mouth that's a dead giveaway.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
No, I will not go to the hospital nor take shots. Can you imagine the hoot they would get out of "a coon licked me".
I agree.

I'm surprised some people recommended that. If there were scratches or broken skin then I MIGHT seek treatment, but certainly not for a licking.

And can you imagine waiting in line at the emergency room while you're dying of a rattlesnake bite, while they treat the guy ahead of you for being licked by a raccoon?

I didn't notice if anyone mentioned this, but our feet perspire and since sweat is salty, I'd guess the 'coon was just getting a salt fix, though that's not as entertaining as the angel of god kissing you or whatever story.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think you should get rid of those raccoons from your basement. They haven't troubled you yet, but they may in future. So it would be better to be safe than sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join