It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it ok for American gov't to kill it's enemies in Pakistan, but NOT ok for Iran to do it in

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the title post pretty much says it all.

is there any justification for the hypocrisy, or does America think everyone is as stupid as its' greedy nazi-esque banker leaders?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Oct 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

You mean after all this time you haven't realized that the people that make these laws don't intend to follow them, only enforce them? Man take a look around, the laws are in place for everyone else not it's creators.
When you gamble with the US at the flip of a coin you have to realize that the coin they use is double headed, and you will always pick tails.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So let me get this straight... the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the U.S. should be considered in the same light as Osama Bin Laden?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You sound like a shi_ stirrer and this thread is just another "Bash America" joke..

I disagree, it will surely end up there eventually, but it is a valid question. How can the US denounce other countries assassination campaigns as terrorist attacks while the US itself is taking part in an assassination campaign?

It is a valid question that deserves an answer while your tax dollars pay for it, how is one a terrorist attack and the other standard operating procedure?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think it's a great question.

Why the double-standard. For those who answer "YES" I'd like some insight into your thoughts regarding this. What makes US above THEM.

Why are foreign aggressors on our soil considered Terrorists but when we're in their country, we're called Heroes.

Why do we call foreign "rebel" fighters Insurgents when those same folks here would be call Patriots?

edit on 12-10-2011 by TXRabbit because: grammer

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Because the rules are:
1. Don't get caught.
2. If you do get caught, say it wasn't you.
3. If #2 doesn't work, then make sure you're big enough that no one can touch you anyway.

Most espionage states have 1, and 2 down. Only a few like USA, China, Russia, etc have #3.

Why is it okay for USA to do whatever it wants? Because if 1, and 2 fail, then, there's always #3.

edit on 12-10-2011 by nineix because: spelling and grammar corrections

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the U.S. should be considered in the same light as Osama Bin Laden?

I don't think anyone is going to go that far into the deep-end.

But coming from the "Iranian" standpoint, if that person was declared a valid military target for assassination, what makes it different from the US? And if it's not just Bin Laden, there are plenty of questionable targets marked for assassination and the Us government doesn't seem to mind at all talking about their Kill list.

Can't the people watching some Muslim Cleric being assassinated ask the same question? How is this legal while the other is not.

another poster beat us all to the punch, because the laws are written for US to follow, not them.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I think it's a valid question as well. I just think the question should be directed to the ones that can answer it. The Govt. Not American citizens. I don't think there are any Govt Executive officials here do you?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I'd say you're the one with the mixer in your hand.

The US can kill whomever it wishes, where ever and when ever it wishes...

Very valid question. I was wondering the same when I was listening to the story on NPR this morning.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What I am not understanding is who is saying this is o.k.? I mean aren't we at war? Isn't it always the position of either side to validate their aggression? What is the intended solution?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Assuming there was a legitimate assassination plot that was backed by Iran...

One of the reasons explicitly stated when government sponsored assassination was made illegal by the Ford administration was retaliation. If we are going to implement tactics such as torture and assassination it must be accepted that we will be the victim of the same tactics.

Don't let someone tell you that this couldn't have been foreseen.

Again, assuming this story is true. I am skeptical to believe it until we see some actual proof and not just a story fed to the media by the CIA.
edit on 12-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
the title post pretty much says it all.

Why is it ok for America to kill it's enemies in Pakistan, but NOT ok for Iran to do it in America?

C'mon guys, you do have a brain, don't you?

The answer is clear and even in black and white, if you bothered to use your heads instead of emotions:-

IT's because the enemies of not only America, but the world, had OPENLY DECLARED JIHAD - WAR ON HUMANITY, AND HAD STARTED KILLING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENTS ALREADY.

And thus, as war is thrusted upon humanity and killings started, the only response is to strike back or be exterminated as a species.

WHERELSE,
Had Iran declared war on Saudi Arabia AND had Iranians or other humans murdered by Saudi Arabia or USA?

None.

Hope it helps in your intended or unintended 'confusion'.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I wasn't aware that Iran or any other country had openly declared war on the US. Can you please enlighten me so I can catch up with reality?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thank you for your thought provoking thread, very nicely put and to the point.

And to answer your question, i beleive that iran had just as much of a right to assasinate their valid military target as Amerika did when they killed Osama Bin Laden.

None of it seems right though. You would think there is a better way to go about such things, and im sure there is.

IRAN and any muslim hijacked state are ALWAYS at war with their non-Muslim counterparts.
edit on 12-10-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
this topic is moot. it's not okay to kill people. but ever notice how it still happens everywhere? gotta wonder why that is. maybe because we all have to agree that killing is bad, no matter who's doing the killing. we ain't there yet, and from the sounds of it, we won't ever be there till this planet is ruled by god himself == not a substitute god, not a lesser god, not a person who simply thinks he's god.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I do not know if Iran did plan it or not. But in any case,your question is pointless. Iran is NOT at war with Saudi Arabia nor with US. US is not at war with Pakistan but it is at war with Taliban that uses areas of Pakistan as a shelter. Because of, you know, Afghan war. Rings a bell?
On the issue of plan itself - what would Iran gain????

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I do think its very coincidental that Eric Holder is front and center of this 'exposed terrorist' plot, after the fast and furious fiasco.
edit on 12-10-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am assuming that the reason for this thread is because of the alleged Iran assassination plot against the Saudi ambassador. If you want to talk about a hypothetical then the answer is because the US has no intention of following the same rules that it wants other countries to follow. However if you are pointing to the Iran plot, that is something that is currently being discussed as to whether it is authentic or not. Let us not confuse it with actual fact because as of right now we do not know if it was an actual attempt or whether it is a false flag event.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I wasn't aware that Iran or any other country had openly declared war on the US. Can you please enlighten me so I can catch up with reality?

You jolly well know who are the ones whom had been killing innocents around the world and had declared Jihad. It was Al Queda and before you mouthed the line that 'Only countries can declare war', I challenge you to find such a defination in its exact words here, or hold your peace forever.

Anyone, ANYONE, that murders humanity is an enemy of mankind, such as the Norway killer as well as the nutheads that murders students wontonly in schools. At least they can be easily brought to trial, but certainly not well protected others whom hide in foreign soil, circumstances and protective laws that allow thems to continue murdering mankind.

Worse are those whom are fully organised, funded and well armed and are far more effective than nation states to conduct extermination of mankind on a grand scale such as Al Queda and its offshoots whom had never failed to claim responsibility to such barbarous acts, and had never respected any laws of mankind in both peace and war.
edit on 12-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join