It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Treasure Hunter's University (great info for Explorers-especially S&C America)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi folks. Well, what do I have for you today. The wife & I have been planning our retirment adventure recently (10 years out) but-it's a start. As I look around the net for info on our primary target areas (Egypt & Peru) I came across this interesting website about Treasure Hunting.

I thought... I am not "treasure hunting" but more site-seeing/learning etc. Well, as I looked over the different sections of the site I discovered many of things about our past explorers and conqureds. Then I came to realize that my goal of site seeing how now become a dual trip adventure: Sights & Riches...

I am sorry to say that I could not cut/paste anything from the site but I assure you that it is some good info and reading. Very interesting insights to the Spanish and the Indians.

So without further ado.... please, if you have any interest in the past and what they were like... both sides (the harvesters of the riches and the taker of the riches) this is for you.

But, also, just as an "Eye-opener" to what you should look for or the concept of what our ancestors thought about when they hid their riches. I don't think you will be sorry. In the mean time I will look around for some things to add. Enjoy the site and let me know what you think!

www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com...

edit on 10/12/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now don't be shy. Look at the site... Tell me that isn't some good info and examples of what to look for.

Maybe the title is not so good.....

Trust me, interesting stuff. I can't post images yet-for some reason.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Great site, I love this kind of stuff!

I used to pore over all the microfiched old newspapers at the SF Library, looking for treasure. They had them all the way back to the 1849 gold rush, listing every ship that came and went in the newspapers, and everything else. I found a couple of good serious treasure things I would like to go look for.

Actually, I was going to post them here, but they are too good. I have to keep them to myself. Muahahaa.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Im with you. It would be hard to turn anything you find over to anyone.

Yes, this is a great site/source for hte right minded people.

I am surprised the thread didn't do better.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Before he got too sick to hunt, he was looking for a chest full of silver dollars that came from a train robbery that happened in the late 1800's around the area of Hinton, WV. He came about the knowledge of it when he was a lad. He said even knew the area it was hid in, and he passed the story and basic location. One day I'll get back there and hunt for it myself someday.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

How is HE? Please tell more.

I promise not to go looking for it.... but you have to stay out of my area of interest. The lost shipment of gold heading to West Point during the Civil War--in northern PA.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976
My Grandfather use to do a lot of treasure hunting. And did it most of his life till he died at the age of 98 years. Before he got too sick to hunt, he was looking for a chest full of silver dollars that came from a train robbery that happened in the late 1800's around the area of Hinton, WV. He came about the knowledge of it when he was a lad. He said even knew the area it was hid in, and he passed the story and basic location. One day I'll get back there and hunt for it myself someday.

The first statement in my post didn't show up before. Sorry about that. lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

How is HE? Please tell more.

I promise not to go looking for it.... but you have to stay out of my area of interest. The lost shipment of gold heading to West Point during the Civil War--in northern PA.

I think I heard that story of the West Point gold before, from my paw-paw years ago.
But the chest I spoke of was lowered into an old well and was filed in with dirt and stone.
Some of the people that robbed the train were caught. The ones that didn't ran. It had something to do with the KGC (I think that’s the right name) and past the location down to a small amount of their inner circle. In turn my grandfather heard the story from one of them. I’m not even sure if the story is true. But he did find a lot of stuff while he was younger. One time he even found a bunch of gold and silver dollars in 6 Mason Jars hid in a hollowed out space in a log in a very old cabin up in the mountains. I know that’s true because I saw those in 1986 when he found them. But the other I’m not quite sure of. You know how old mountain folks like to spin yarns.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I love the old stories... I have a few myself-told to me by old timers.

I think however, if there ever was any gold lost etc. It was found a long time ago by the people involved. The stories were told to keep the heat off-IMO.

But hey, doesn't hurt to go looking-just in case. And, it's fun!

new topics

top topics

join