It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Elenin - A mystery for sure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We've all seen or followed the existence of this man, and the numerous posts about Elenin and Nibiru etc.
Well I thought I'd email him on his email address [email protected] - I asked about the existence of Elenin, and what he knew about Nibiru and YU55.

To my surprise I got the following response;

Hi,
Yes, I'm discoverer of C/2010 X1.

You can find all real information about this, already disintegrated comet, on my blog spaceobs.org...

About 2005 YU55 and comet Elenin

spaceobs.org...

Best,
Leonid

Was it really him though, as I find it hard to believe he exists.

I have recently watched a youtube video - www.youtube.com...
which 'decodes' the name - Leonid refers to a shower of meteors from the Leo constellation, and ELE via wikipedia says it possibly refers to an Extinction Level Event, and that NIN refers to a Sumarian Goddess, in Akkadian cuniform.

Bloody funny don't you think, that there's this guy who is said to have discovered Comet C2010 X1, and it just so happens that his name breaks down into all things linked to the subject? If he were called Vladimir Vostok, that might make it a bit hard to link it all in to any comet!

I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says he works for the Keldysh Inst of Applied Mathematics, and lives in Lyubertsy. So I checked the institute... He's not mentioned there, despite his fame? So I checked his home town and saw they list notable people who come from there. See this link;
en.wikipedia.org...

Seems a youth politician, a football player and a lead singer of a rock group are all notable.... but funnily enough there's no mention of our friend Mr Elenin - Rather odd, given his amazing discovery, don't you think?
(Note this website was updated 28th August 2011).

You may also note a certain Mr Gagarin comes from there... Is that why it was chosen?

I don't know what else has been posted or what anyone else thinks or knows, so I throw it out there.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

That looks like an automated response to me, how fast did he reply?? Probably too Fast.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Most likely an auto responder. I can set any of my emails up to auto respond with any message I wish.

however if you really wish to be certain. Simply send another email from a different address and see if you get exactly the same response. If you do, it is an auto respond. If it is not totally identical it may be a person.
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Elenin is a genuine Surname and Forename though. If you have a search on facebook for people there are plenty of other Elenin's on there.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Hi,

I emailed his gmail account at 09.27 and got a reply 10.27 (GMT).

It was probably a response from those behind his existence, as I doubt he's sat at his PC! It's also very casual - bear in mind I wrote out of the blue. Personally, I don't believe he exists. His name is just too connected with comets, and ELE/NIN, and his amateur status and lack of photos makes him an easy target to erase.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I personally do not believe he exists either, but hey what are you going to do?? There are too many things that don’t add up. I am going to send an email myself and see what I get. What did you send to him?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
elenin doesn't' exist. neither does nibiru.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Given the thousands of daft emails he's probably received from kids and conspiracy nutters over the past few months, I guess he has a standard response all ready

And its not as those he's done anything notable. Comets are discovered every year, usually by amateurs. As I'm sure you all well know

edit on 12-10-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Hi yes, I agree, it is a genuine name, as is Leonid, but add in the fact this guy supposedly discovered the comet, which coincidentally is from the Leo constellation (Leonid meaning meteor) the whole thing seems odd.

It's also odd Elenin (the comet) which has a known orbit - See en.wikipedia.org...
suddenly breaks up after cruising the universe for millions of years. Rather convenient, if you want to end the trail, which to many leads to Nibiru the Brown Dwarf, which may well screw things up around November 8th..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I sent the following;

Hi,

I believe you are credited with discovering the comet.
Can you please confirm whether 'Elenin' is in fact connected with Nibiru and whether Nibiru is a brown dwarf heading our way? Also, do we have anything to fear about YU55?

Kind regards

Be interesting to see what response you get!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

Seems a youth politician, a football player and a lead singer of a rock group are all notable.... but funnily enough there's no mention of our friend Mr Elenin - Rather odd, given his amazing discovery, don't you think?

What amazing discovery? He looked through a telescope and found a comet. This may have been an amazing discovery 600 years ago, but, today, it's barely notable.

The only people hyping the discovery are people like you, who think Leonid Elenin doesn't exist... and those who think the comet Elenin is (or, given its disintegration, was) some doomsday machine steered by aliens and coming with a tail of deadly cyanide. Had it not been for people like this, Elenin would have been an interesting, but in no way amazing (or even overly significant), object to watch as it neared the Sun for the first, and last, time.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So they invent a guy to discover a comet that destroys the Earth, which breaks up but its all a cover up by secret people who use Gmail to perpetuate the whole fiasco.

Got it. Makes perfect sense, right...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm friends with him on Facebook. What he replied to you sounds very much like what he posts on Facebook (the way he forms his sentences, etc.)

Now, obviously, I know he could be fake on Facebook as well...but something about him seems genuine to me. Of course, that's what the Russians would want you to believe...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Ah ha, but can you be sure - Elenin did exist, according to the main stream astronomy crew. It's supposedly broke up, if true. As for Nibiru, we can't prove it does and certainly can't prove it doesn't exist. But if it does exist, we'll find out soon enough.

I believe there IS something out there, coz there wouldn't have been the need for all those Infra red telescopes to have been set up (the SPT to name but one - pole.uchicago.edu...) if the existing telescopes were capable of viewing Brown Dwarfs adequately. See news.discovery.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is the best thing for you to do.
Just live your life mate, and not worry about all this
Nibiru this Elenin that..if anything Earth ending is or
isnt around the corner, why waste your time posting
what ifs on a forum, just get to the pub with ya mates
and enjoy yourself.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

OK maybe not amazing, but surely more notable than kicking a football or strumming a guitar??

I just find it all a bit strange - see original post. I'm not stating anything else. So whether there's something large out in space, that goes by the name of Nibiru, and that it's a danger to earth, remains to be seen. It just seems there's a lot of information out there that points to something big pending, and Mr Elenin's reportedly fortuitous discovery adds fuel to that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

Sounds good to me... I'm on me way sport!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why would anyone create an elaborate pseudonym to name a tiny uninteresting comet? It makes no sense at all. Also the names elenin and leonid are rather popular in russia. His full name is (Leonid Vladimirovich Elenin ).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You might find him here,

iasc.hsutx.edu...

It's a astronomers association. He also blogs under spaceyobs, I don't have that link, it does seem he has been about.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

You'd be surprised. But, then, you probably shouldn't be. Kicking a football and playing an instrument are vastly superior in the sports- and music-oriented mind of modern society than is finding a comet. You'll note, we have packed stadiums for sporting events and concerts... not so much for comet-watching and star-gazing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join