It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla Genius of Technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla was called a madman by some and a genius by others. His experiments on electricity and magnetism could not be duplicated in the same way even today. He could create a ball of fire in his hand. Something no one has been able to duplicate today. He claimed he could have destroyed the entire planet with a little black box device. He kept so few notes on projects and experiments that we don't even know half of the experiments he carried out. Even the material that he did have the U.S. Government seized when he died in 1946. We have no one since who has carried on his work or has duplicated his intellect.
Do you know of anyone who could do half the things he did? And you thought the U.S. government came up with laser and stealth technology by themselves?
If you want to read an unbiased work of Nikola Teslas Life read a book called:
Tesla Man out of Time by Margaret Cheney

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He was and remain one of our most famous genious
HAARP is due to him
and so many other discovery

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Its intersting to say the least what he came up with in his apartment/Lab.
Its hard to comprehend the total scope of what he actually did accomplish in his lifetime. He was labelled as a crackpot when he said he could send electricity underground so anyone could tap into it for no charge at all. You know all the power companies were against that one because they wouldn't have people dependant on power.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmm, very interesting, I only know his involvement really as part of the government project with the boat ( cant remember what it called at moment).

If what you have posted is meant to be true, then this guy was a genius. If he could create these things, then why hasnt his research been continued? Unless it was all feared.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
He was and remain one of our most famous genious
HAARP is due to him

People are becoming more aware of him and his accomplishments , but I think he was ignored because of his altruistic desires regarding free power for all .
The Germans scooped up a bunch of his papers during WW2 , and I believe he was legaly given credit for inventing radio even tho credit was given (and still taught to school children) to Marconi .

He is responsible for AC power , the hydro-electric plant at Niagra Falls .

Many of his ideas could have saved us from the current oil based economy , and kept the planet a cleaner place . They were just unprofitable and the robber barrens of his day shut him down , such a shame .

Hopefully , one day , his inventions and understanding of nature and electricity will be used for the benefeit of all mankind .

We are going to have to start cleaning up this mess sometime !!!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
His papers were siezed by the INS. I have the FBI file on him, mostly composed of letters to Hoover. It repeatedly has letters from people wanting to know what was in the safe (full of his papers, the stuff that was siezed) and the FBI continously told people to contact the INS instead.

Often people exaggerate on the stuff he did. For example, you can find info on a car that supposedly ran off of "free energy." If you look hard enough though and piece together all of the information, he'd invented a more efficient battery in which you swapped zinc rods to recharge (zinc batteries are common now). It used an AC induction motor, so the "black box" that people will talk about was actually a DC/AC converter to run the engine. The "antennas" they talk about are the zinc rods for the battery. I know the box was probably a DC/AC converter because I've done a lot with vacuum tube electronics and looking at the spec sheet of the tube, that's the only use I could think of if you used no capacitors (as most of the sites claim).

He did indeed perfect wireless transfer of electrical energy (or in lesser power, radio) and he transmitted it over great distances to light up bulbs and etc. This technology is not in use today because it would cause way too much interferance to wireless communication. I've read that it was tried for offshore oil rigs and caused terrible problems with local residents. Their TV's, cell phones, etc would blow up from the power overflow (they normally amplify waves with barely any power, and when they amplified the waves from the Tesla transmitter, it probably didn't work out well).

In short, he had a lot of groundbreaking ideas that aren't quite as useful in real life.. certainly an inspiration but his ideas need work to be practical.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Tunguska is my favorite Tesla what if-

I love the possibilities.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Tunguska is my favorite Tesla what if-

I love the possibilities.

Agreed.

That's one strange event.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Your right in a lot of ways Tesla was ahead of his time. But by todays standards would have gotten in trouble with every federal agency because he could have caused economic callapse of the economic system.
He would sit down near one of his huge Tesla coils with sparks flying all around him and never got shocked. So to the people in the 1920's and 30's of course this was amazing.
The one thing he said he could do was build a death ray that could wipe out whole armys. And we all know the U.s> military is always looking for new weapons technology. This is one of the reasons the U.S. Government confiscated all his work. But, a lot of those ideas were never put down on paper and he took those to his grave. Although he did open up a lot of fields in science because of his work.
We do have to start refining some of his ideas that could be useful in reducing our dependance on foreighn oil. I'm working on some of these refinements right now. I'll keep you all posted so you can get in on the ground floor so to speak.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
would have made an interesting Bond baddie

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto

Indeed. Especially since most of the things that he is suposed to have invented (deathrays, free power, etc. ) are total fiction.

He was a competent electrical engineer, but his theroetical approach was his undoing.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Silverthorn said "He was and remain one of our most famous genious
HAARP is due to him
..."
there are video about tesla for people who want to know more
one of them is "Tesla.Master.of.Lightning"

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He certainly was a prolific inventor, a shame he is known by more people.

PBS has some information on him and his inventions, some are very cool:
www.pbs.org...

Improved Lighting

Tesla's high-frequency, high-voltage lighting produced brighter, more efficient light with less heat. At the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, he displayed his own phosphorescent lighting powered without wires by high-frequency fields a first.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
whenever i hear about tesla, i keep thinknig of one of those bash.org quotes.

www.bash.org...

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Asclepius]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Read the book. Simply fascinating what this gentleman from Yugoslavia accomplished in his life. Thomas Edison royally screwed him over. Nicola Tesla is severly underrated and more recognition should go to him and his work.

[edit on 31/8/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Superman battled him in this 90 minute cartoon back in 41' . www.wexclub.com...

What a shame , they were already tring to brainwash the masses with cartoons , and make Tesla out to be a "Mad scientist"

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Dude, you really need to do some reading on Mr. Tesla.
He was a prophet of technology!

We haven't even started to use his inventions!
Great Site about Nikola Tesla
Tesla invented some of the most amazing inventions of the 20th century!!!

New York Times article 1940
They don't want you to know his stuff, or we wouldn't need OIL!!!!!!

Fuelless Generator

Robert Lomas wrote extensively about Tesla.
Tesla, Spark of Genius
Scroll down to see his list of patents.
Some of Tesla's patents!!

They made him out to be a crackpot, but he was really just WAY ahead of his time.
Also they robbed him blind and stole most of his theories!

Still some think he was

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Another cool Tesla link

In 1905, Nikola Tesla dismantled his large transmitter on Long Island, N.Y. and in doing so also dismantled his dreams. The 20th Century should have been filled with incredible wireless wonders. Instead, the human race is going to have to wait for utopia until it is ready for Tesla tech. In Tesla's World System, 9 global transmitters at specific locations convert naturally occuring electro-magnetism into power. The electrical energy is transfered or stepped down to smaller transmitters. Then, the world frequency is again stepped down to even smaller and local receivers on buildings, cars, boats, planes, etc. All of our machines, vehicles and communications would have been wirelessly powered by the global frequency and transfered through a network of towers.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That site is pretty out there..

I don't know why people can't accept the reality of leverage and gearing. The Egyptians had pulleys you know, and it's not beyond reason that they had them in easter island and everywhere else too.

www.coralcastle.com...

Check that out, it'll tickle your brain.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd

Superman battled him in this 90 minute cartoon back in 41' . www.wexclub.com...

What a shame , they were already tring to brainwash the masses with cartoons , and make Tesla out to be a "Mad scientist"

I have seen parts of that cartoon I had no clue that was suppose to be Tesla. I remember he had a mountian top death ray type gun and Superman having to fight the ray back.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join