It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bookmarking a post on a thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is there any way to bookmark a specific post on a thread so it's easy to return and pick up reading from where you left off? I haven't been able to figure out any way to do it (except by replying to a post, but that mucks up the thread), and it makes it tough to read a full thread unless I've got time for the whole thing in one sitting.

If there's not a way to do this, could there be? I don't know about anyone else, but I would find it really helpful.

Thanks for listening -

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by magicrat

at the top of your post you can see the date and time, beside that in blue text is "this post", click that, then save the page to your favorites or book marks.

Or scratch that, and just book mark or favorite the whole page.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That'll work. I was looking for a way to do it without cluttering up my browser's bookmarks or favorites, but this will do.

I appreciate the quick response - thanks!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks, that is very helpful to
me also. I don't always have
time to read the whole thread
at once.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

When you save to bookmarks, just make a new folder and Name it what you wish (ATS) and save links there.

Just another file folder and no clutter.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good idea - thanks again!

Any suggestions for bookmarking across different computers? It occurs to me that I frequently start reading a thread on my home computer and then continue reading on my work computer (don't tell my boss
). The bookmarks obviously won't transfer between machines, and I probably shouldn't create an ATS folder on my work computer... any thoughts?

edit on 12/10/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You could use a thumb drive loaded with say FireFox and use it to browse when you are not on your home computer.

top topics

join