It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Useful Idiots, but Useful to Who?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The question is rhetorical...I do know why. However, OWS has not gotten their reasons out to the masses...

All I am asking for... in a Socratic method...is to explain why OWS is protesting? What are their goals? And how do they intend to acheive them? Lastly, once acheived...what is the planned next step?

The folks here at ATS can debate all day the finer points of Democracy and OWS and Wall strret...but unless the average OWSer has a concise and reasonable answer for the average American citizen...the movement will either putter out and fail or it will be hijacked and manipulated down a different path.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by JIMC5499

You are SOOOO misinformed. The people protesting ARE NOT IN SUPPORT OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY. Dude, O'Reilly lied to you.
So keep sitting at home, doing nothing positive. Waste of a post.

NO KIDDING! I never said that they were. What I said is that PEOPLE'S PERCEPTION of OWS is being influenced by the MSM to make them BELIEVE that they are.

"People's perception" isn't just uncle bob's and the dude at your local rifle shop's opinion. Maybe you need to look at your own perceptions and biases because it is quite obvious by the initial post how you see things. LOL at the ACORN and Democrats/Obama support angle, give me a break you have no clue on what are the actual motivations and guesstimating based on how YOU view them. I'll wait until you make a "people's perception" post about Tea partiers, but I won't hold my breath.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Adbusters Media Foundation

Brought to you by the Tides Foundation, sponsored by George Soros.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Wow thats quite the jump, a non profit foundation gave them some money, that makes them Soros owned ,,,,,
You care to elaborate, or is wild unfounded accusations with no proof to back it up the best you got ?

According to your own source

Tides Foundation donations to date $309,773

Established in 1976 by California-based activist Drummond Pike, the Tides Foundation was set up as a public charity that receives money from donors and then funnels it to the recipients of their choice. Because many of these recipient groups are quite radical, the donors often prefer not to have their names publicly linked with the donees. By letting the Tides Foundation, in effect, “launder” the money for them and pass it along to the intended beneficiaries, donors can avoid leaving a “paper trail.” Such contributions are called "donor-advised," or donor-directed, funds.

Glaser Progress Foundation donations to date $176,500

Founded by former Real Networks CEO and progressive activist Robert Glaser
Has made large contributions to far-left political groups including Media Matters for America and the Center for American Progress

Hmm both founded by political activits with absoloutely no dirt on them.

How exactly does Soros fit in there ? Do you want to explain further ? Leaving it at "this foundation gives them very small amounts of money, and that makes them Soros" is a pretty weak argument.

Seriously, lame reasoning there, care to try again ?

Or maybe you can go edit wikipedia AGAIN to say Soros owns Tides, why not go full out, and go edit the ows page instead.

edit on 12-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Adbusters Media Foundation

Brought to you by the Tides Foundation, sponsored by George Soros.

Yep and all the OWS are bought and paid for. Or all the OWS sit in a circle to watch Adbuster propaganda. Come on now you don't actually believe that do you? Of course people in the OWS need to have caution as to who wants to formulate a "cohesive slogan" and who would benefit from that slogan and or unified message. There is always the possibility of the OWS being hijacked, like the Tea party (speaking as a former supporter). But just like many in the Tea party movement aren't swayed by the directed rhetoric or funding of the KOCH BROTHERS I am sure many in the OWS wouldn't be swayed all the same.

Again I see you focusing on the OWS quite hard and trying to imply association with Soros, but I have yet to see you say a word about Tea Party and Koch brothers, I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
holy # you're a fool....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by PosterNutbag

...although they say things like "come along and share your views", I'm not sure whether they are ready to listen to them at their nightly "general assembly" meetings (where was the democracy in selecting them?).

It seems they are operating in a filter bubble, where they only want to see and hear a positive view of what they are doing. It seems like any dissent is stifled and opposing views, welcomed, but ignored.

They are not interested in reaching out to the real poor of New York, they are not interested in taking their message to the ghetto's and the Bronx ignoring swathes of those they claim to represent.

Maybe I am judging them too harshly, it is good that people are out and protesting, but I cant help being cynical about many of those in that park

Seems to me you just described a Lib because that is exactly what most of them do, they don't care to hear alternative view points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join