It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Death Syndrome...Here Today,Gone Today...At Any Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Takes the wind right out of my sails.Knowing that at any moment of any day.I could suddenly,without any warning at all and without any symptoms... just die...

I fully realize about SIDS,Sudden Infant Death Syndrome....

But SADS,Sudden Adult Death Syndrome is hardly ever discussed and no wonder...it's terrible and frightening and makes living seem rather pointless and strange...

This happens to many,many thousands of people every year and knowing this is reality.What does this world,what does this life, really mean? I think we live for all the wrong reasons...

And the bitter facts of Sudden Death Without Warning proves...this reality is just a temporary illusion...

The truth is,i could be dead before i finish typing this sentence,or i could live till i'm one hundred...

All the pain,lies,broken relationships,war,disease and working everyday that we have to endure,then suddenly just drop dead.I could be literally dead and buried in a couple of days from now and not even know it...

My grandmother use to say to me..."Here today,gone tomorrow"

If i could talk to her again i would say..."No grandma,it's worse than that"..."Here today gone today"

Heres a couple links about Sudden Death Syndrome > Adults > vanessa-mullins.suite101.com... Infants > www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 12-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Given the stats provided in your article, it's pretty safe to say you'll be here through the rest of the day. But watch out for lightning, you have a better chance of getting struck.

The team found that 80 per cent of the almost 700 unexpected deaths reported could be attributed to underlying coronary disease. A further proportion could be ascribed to some other kind of cardiac disease. But in about four per cent of cases no cause could be found.

4% of 700 = 28.

28 people died from unknown causes. Further, the article even goes on to say that some cardiac conditions that would lead to death can only be diagnosed while a person is living. I think it is much more likely that the 4% had unknown/undiagnosed cardiac condition, or some other condition, than a syndrome that leads adults to fall over dead.

Not to mention that SIDS related death drops way off by the time a child reaches 2. There would have to be some evidence that shows why a certain percentage of children remain at risk from SIDS well after the age of two, and that it remains dormant until it strikes as an adult, or some similar type study that shows a correlation between the child deaths and adult deaths.

I bet we'll find out a cause, whether it's cardiac, environmentally induced, or some other combination of factors that caused the deaths of the 4%.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lpowell0627 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

By all means be afraid of dying, if that’s your thing.

But just make sure you don’t let it make you afraid to live.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Given the stats provided in your article, it's pretty safe to say you'll be here through the rest of the day. But watch out for lightning, you have a better chance of getting struck

Not really...where i am right now, there is zero chance of me getting struck by lightning, in a room downstairs without any windows and not a cloud in the sky...

but there is a very real and ominous chance that i could be dead before i finish typing this sentence...totally without warning...just instantly gone... forever?!?!...wow,gotta love reality

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I rather it be sudden then prolonged.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When i was a senior in high school.The prom queen and most popular girl in my class, went to bed one night and never woke up in the morning...

Cause of death?...Unknown...

My 40 something neighbor died this way.His wife woke up the next morning and found he had died sometime in the night.She was lying next to him,so you would think if he was in any distress,she would have noticed.There was no prior medical history.

The writer Shirley Jackson also died this way.I think she was taking a nap and Laura Brannigan the singer as well,just never woke up...

Any moment of any day...Gone forever ...Without warning

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And this hit you today???!!

What makes anyone think they will be here tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All I am saying, is that if you look at the probability of this happening to you, you will find that there are several more ways you could die on a daily basis than worrying about falling over dead for an unknown reason. Further, as your article states, since some cardiac conditions can only be diagnosed in a living person, it is not possible to identify whether or not this was the cause, once they are dead. So get a physical and have your heart checked!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
your on a giant spinning rock spinning around a giant ball of burning hydrogen spinning through the cosmic obstacle course around a giant black hole and all the while the universe decides second to second whether or not it should let us live another day or use one of the innumerable amount of cosmic weapons to end us in a number of horrible violent fiery ways. and your worried about sudden death syndrome when we get into manned missiles and go on roadways with hundreds of other manned missiles going 80mph all swerving, weaving, cutting and bolting and again your worried about sudden death? this type of thinking shouldnt scare you but should make you run and kiss your mother and get married and appreciate everything you have while the earth, sun and the rest of the universe decide on a minute to minute basis whether or not they should have mercy on our poor insignificant souls.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it, OP. As they say **** happens. If it happens it happens. Don't let it worry you too much as stress is probably a bigger worry then this.

Be well.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I had a friend who could max out a credit card faster than the next one came in the mail! He was out shopping one day and his heart just stopped right there in the store!

Some would suspect he knew! Maxing out credit and living to the limits with abundance!

Makes you wonder if that is why our Govt Leaders have maxed us all out as they played it like they personally won the Lottery! They probably know their time is short!

Knowing that time is short and that this could be "it" makes me "give" of myself even more. I give things away that have no purpose for me but may benefit someone else. I give my time away and I give my Love abundantly. Why is it that people with so little have so much to give and yet people with more than they can spend in a lifetime hold it like they are going to live forever?

It has never made sense to me! Even right now, why are people not just giving the World to each other? Why not have all our money go to the Humanities? Political Leaders eat away at us and they create everything through us yet we are not gifted by our generosity with Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, they are!

Opps, sorry if I got off-topic, personally I have SAD which is Seasonal Affective Disorder, which sounds a bit like SADS. I had never actually heard of SADS in that I have not witnessed many folks "up and die" without some sort of malady! Internalized stress would not be an outward expression so to most we could attribute their sudden departure because of not "letting it out". As far as my friend, he might have just known and was unique in his situation!

Personally, I feel comfortable knowing I will reach 88-years-old. Strange to think that most people my age will not reach this and will be dead. So if you are reading this and you are nearing 50 there is not much time left! Best give it away before they have to have an Estate Sale!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here."
Jim Henson

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The obituaries across the world, everyday of the week, say over and over again. He or she..."died unexpectedly at home"...whats up with that? some of them are definitely suicides and medical issues,but not all of them...The others?...Cause of death "unknown"...That's what is written in the "medical expert" coroners report...

Well what exactly causes an unknown death?

We die every time we fall asleep...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well what exactly causes an unknown death?

Something unknown, otherwise it wouldnt be an unknown death......

Not trying to be rude but do you think things completely out before you type them?

Things happen all the time.........unless its a prolonged death MOST deaths are SUDDEN.......getting killed in a car wreck would be "sudden death syndrome"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Unknown death means that a medical expert could find no cause for it...none!...It's just,here today...gone today.

So the unfortunate person,who suddenly and unexpectedly died...Is just buried in the ground,no further investigation whatsoever and is all too quickly completely forgotten...Talk about denial...Thats a shining example of denial if i ever heard of one...

The sad reality is that our additude has become..."well...as long as it does'nt happen to me,who cares"

Unbelievable...

top topics

join