It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate dreams:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can somewhat interpret dreams--I just don't make a big deal out of it because I don't really see it as a talent. Most dreams are typical human psychosis. They have matching symbols, that are often common. Some of them don't mean a darn thing, though. But just occasionally, there's 1 that has some sort of future intent, sometimes to-the-action fulfilment. Most of my interpretation is geared towards calming people down, not towards some grand future. I honestly believe that if there is some mundane answer, it's best to work with that first. If there's a bigger picture, it will reveal itself in time.

Anyway, I had a dream that my mother had a disturbing dream to do with her kids, and she went to fix their problems. In the dream, I understood the details of her dream, but while being awake, it's mostly garbled. The thing is that she remembered driving away from probably the middle child's home, and looked around in her car, and had nothing but a sea of dead babies, covered in blood, which caused her to swerve and wreck into a tree. We were in that car. I started laughing and told her that babies usually represent projects that we're working on--unfinished business. I also said that it's natural to wreck when you've got a car full of dead babies.

In the dream, she turned onto a bridge over Terrebonne Bayou behind a SUV, while I was continuing breaking down the dream, and someone in a big car old boxy 70s car from the other side of the bayou took their turn on the bridge a little too hard, had to overcompensate, and smacked us into the bayou. Now, as a point, I'm paranoid about wrecks, but I don't ever want to end up in a bayou. There's living monsters in there, there's 10 ft of slurry for every foot of water, and there's a strong chance you will not come out alive, for all that you had a soft landing. Co-worker's nephews drowned in that bayou last Christmas--all the woman's children, and she lost her first grandchild only few months after that. So, with my own dislike and fairly recent memories, no wonder a bayou wreck is in my dream. The things is this went from a water-filled bayou to a semi-soft ditch mid-wreck, so we climbed out of the car, with me ruefully laughing at my interpretation of a car wreck that literally came true the day after dreaming it (for my mother). Basically, it was a "I should have seen that coming", moment.

The dream goes on from there, but it has a different feel from there on...more like I'm struggling to wake up. The blonde in the SUV knows the driver of the ancient vehicle, but is reluctant to tell the cops, but confides in me, recognised him by his eyes as he turned onto the bridge, and that there is something wrong with them. I wake up about this time to people getting up for the day.

The options:
Most likely, this dream was just one of my wake up calls. I have really weird dreams when I'm trying to wake up early, without an alarm. For a wake-up dream, I've got to be anxious and worried that I'm not going to get up in time. I have stuff I need to do, this morning, so this is highly likely.

This was not like the "prophetic dreams" I'm used to...or was it? The bayou changed in the middle of the dream. The experience I have with "prophetic dreams" in my family, is that the dreams are 100% accurate, with NO need for interpretation because they happen literally. I'm also the one who gets them the least and remembers them the least, out of all who do this in my family. The only way that this could be literal is if in paying attention to my mother, I've not been looking at the change in water levels, which this bayou does, the closer it gets to Lafourche Bayou, often becoming little more than a muddy ditch. Or the part we landed on was a soft slope going into the bayou. So this could be a literal dream, but I doubt it. Also, my mom's told me a weird dream on that stretch before, which lends me to this being a wake up call. All the elements have happened within this past year. I've seen/heard these things recently. This does not lend itself to the future easily. Besides, as my dad says, real dreams don't feel the same. And this did not feel like something special.

Or it could be a general psychosis dream like everyone else has. I don't want to ever be in a bayou wreck--I'm a bit paranoid about that. Babies tend to be about your projects as much as they're about kids. This is a set up for a dream about insecurity. Everyone has insecure moments, so this would be no surprise if there was a touch of interpretation needed for this thing. Do I have projects/future plans that I'm worried about? Absolutely. But the water dried out, and there's a safe landing, and I laughed at myself. The projects I have intended for next year might fail, but they're not going to cost much if they do. I still have a lot of family, no matter the outcome, and I trust in God.

That part is important. We can talk crutches all we want, but if you don't have a higher being, when all the world goes to crud, you've got no reason to stay calm. I do. And it's nice to have that bubbling joyful laughter in the middle of a car wreck.
edit on 12-10-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: bay to bayou, and switched a sentence around.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My dreams doesn't make any sense at all
really ...........

But I do believe that some dreams can foretell(or view into) the future iam not sure how but that's how PREDICTIONS are made

edit on 12-10-2011 by futuredude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I'm confused now. Why do you hate dreams?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
/tl;dr
stupid thing to say, referring to 'Why I hate dreams:'

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Because he's dreaming about a car full of dead babies?
Wouldnt that be enough reason?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I find the mind is like a bowl.. and we get out of it what we put into it.

I used to have bad dreams sometimes. Some of them were quite disturbing, terribly graphic...so I changed what I put into my mind and conscious waking hours. Sure enough, the dreams changed and very rarely if at all do I have the horrible dreams I used to have.

Unfortunately, because of my religious and conspiratorial views and interests, every once in a while I have a dream about the NWO or AntiChrist coming after me and a few friends... oh well.

Most of the time, my dreams... the ones I can remember, are pretty good and even funny. Sometimes I wake up laughing...always a good thing. Sometimes I awake with ideas for my farm or making money or a new endeavor...

Anyway...look at what you are putting into your mind during the day.

Like Dan Quayle told the United Negro College Fund... "A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't think anyone will ever figure out why dreams occur..some are really weird..the other week a butterfly kept appearing in a dream..the next morning i got up went down opened the door..and there, right on the first flower near the door..was a butterfly,

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why do I always dream of ufos up-close sometimes? And about dark, strange, awesome feel in the dreams..its like being in a different reality and vibration. Some dreams I never forget some are forgettable. And if dreams are just representations of our real world actions why do we dream of it so indirectly and so horribly that makes us feel creepy?

Dreams could be anything. Its also worth to consider it as something that we experience out of this world. My theory is that dream is a brain error and glitch. Think of dream as a random occurrence worked out by the brain. When we sleep, the brain makes out something random. It could be spaceships or a girl whom we think of often.
edit on 12-10-2011 by radkrish because: edited to add more

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I find that with dreams I don't understand at all, sometimes it helps to bounce them off of someone who interprets their dreams that knows your life. Maybe you don't have anyone like that, but if you do run it by them. My best friend is fantastic with dream interp and she knows all of the intimate details of my life. Especially with very scary dreams, sometimes I cannot see the meaning because it is incredibly uncomfortable, but she will point it out to me and it then becomes obvious.

If you don't have someone like that, then just really look at what is going on in your life and try to squeeze every meaning out of every symbol in the dream that you can. I can never tell a precognitive dream from a normal one until the event predicted actually happens, so I really don't know what to tell you about that aspect of the issue
Maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

Good luck, happy dreaming

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Forgive me, I didn't see him or her say anything about "always" dreaming about dead babies. No really, its my fault.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I don't like waking up to this type of dream. I do it all the time. I also dislike literal dreams, because they literally happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I don't think anyone will ever figure out why dreams occur..some are really weird..the other week a butterfly kept appearing in a dream..the next morning i got up went down opened the door..and there, right on the first flower near the door..was a butterfly,
Yeah, i wish mine were like this, lol. A butterfly would be nice. I find that if something is going to be literal, it's going to be either embarrassing or something I shouldn't have chosen. Always personal, for me. Dad's the one who went up to his mother at the age of 5 asking for band-aids for the local water tower...only to have the report of the major busted pipe on their water tower hit their local paper a week later. I cringe at the thought of a literal dream that requires me to warn people. I tend to doubt other's prophetic dreams because that is my nature, let alone my own--and if it's dire enough, I'm going to either be ignored or have people looking at me for why I knew about it beforehand. Thankfully, the worst of this dies off in our family as children. But I've had a few as an adult...and I always figure it out when it's too late.
Aggravating, I swear.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111
/tl;dr
stupid thing to say, referring to 'Why I hate dreams:'
/ts;dk

I hate dreams, this long drivel about this dream is one of the reasons why I hate dreams. I'd prefer not to remember any dreams. I know they have a function, or 2 or 3, but I don't want to have them. That being said, not like my feelings on them changes anything.

So, you can call it stupid, but at least I'm not being a liar. I meant it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I have people who like to talk about meaning in dreams.

As a precaution, not because I believed that anything would happen, I sent a text to immediate family, and to the co-worker who has had this type of thing happen to recently, and told them to be careful, for my sanity. Baby bro, with the little I sent to him, and a couple of responses, point blank stated, "you're being insecure". Typical brother.
So I do get feedback, when I bother to bring up dreams. But most of the time, I can figure it out for myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Oh, I agree. The thing is that this imagery in this dream was not of things I could keep out of my mind this year. Dying children, bayou wrecks, conversations with my mother about her worrying about certain children, for specific reasons, all of this happened the past year. I can get most images out of my head, but I'm not escaping real life to do it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrishDreams could be anything. Its also worth to consider it as something that we experience out of this world. My theory is that dream is a brain error and glitch. Think of dream as a random occurrence worked out by the brain. When we sleep, the brain makes out something random. It could be spaceships or a girl whom we think of often.
I would like to know what you think dreams that happen in reality later-on 100% accurately would do to your theory.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel,

Originally posted by radkrishDreams could be anything. Its also worth to consider it as something that we experience out of this world. My theory is that dream is a brain error and glitch. Think of dream as a random occurrence worked out by the brain. When we sleep, the brain makes out something random. It could be spaceships or a girl whom we think of often.

I would like to know what you think dreams that happen in reality later-on 100% accurately would do to your theory.

I have heard of those things. But it can also be referred to as a glitch in the space time matrix. Our brain could more or less decode future events because of this time glitch. If someone could vanish into thin air without a trace( there are reports of such happenings) then our brain too is capable of experiencing this glitch but in a less detailed manner.
edit on 14-10-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join