It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont fall victim to this email hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i got an email a few days ago about a speech bush gave here is the text from the email.i searched about it to see if bush really gave this speech and apparently he didnt, so i found some websites claiming it was a hoax.

Subject: FW: Subject: Bush and John 3:16

HMMMMMMM, Interesting.

Subject: Bush and John 3:16 Worth thinking about . . . The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and those that don't!!!

Think about it! Bush gave a big speech last week about how his faith is so "important" to him. In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Bush camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says?

John 16:3 says; "And they will do this because they have not known the Father nor Me".

The Holy Spirit works in strange ways. Pass it on. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!

This is what the site says.

Comments: What goes around comes around. This embarrassing verbal gaffe was originally attributed to Vice President (and presidential candidate) Al Gore in 1999 and widely disseminated by conservatives, including radio commentator Paul Harvey.

Gore never said it; neither did President G.W. Bush.

According to newspaper columnist Cal Thomas, this very mistake was made by G.W. Bush's father, however, during a speech before a religious broadcasters' conference in 1990. Thomas recounts witnessing the incident in his book,"Blinded by Might: Can the Religious Right Save America."

urbanlegends.about.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
And WHAT is there to fall victim to?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
And WHAT is there to fall victim to?
its a hoax dont believe what it says it should be obvious.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thing has been done to death already.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I've seen it before, too, but you can never be to vigilent when it comes to denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's nothing important, so there's no reason to "fall" for any "hoax".

top topics

join