It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused? This new aircraft is a UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wh00pS

Are you saying the X-47B is far more dangerous than anything else in the sky?

Edit: I think it is, with its low radar signature, potential weapons load, refueling capability, dispensibility (my word) and pilot convenience. Then again, if a X-47B crashes in enemy territory the whole program could be compromised.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Question for members in the know: Why doesn't the X-47B not retract its landing gear, in the first official video... it never pulls in the wheels?

As for the weapons payload, it can shoot from Boston to Illinois according to this slide:

edit on 12-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I find the similarities between the design of the X-47A and the Testors version of the Roswell UFO awfully curious. Who's copying what from who here? The Testors model came out in 1997.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Cool looking plane, but as somebody already pointed out, unquestionably a plane. I have to wonder why, if cutting edge military craft are supposedly responsible for so many ufo reports, we have yet to see one that can do much more than fly in a straight line. Where are the completely silent military craft that can hover and accelerate and decelerate in an instant? Where are the domed disc-shaped craft that the military was supposedly flying around 60 years ago? Why is everything the military comes out with today so primitive compared to what they had perfected by the end of World War II? While we're on the subject, why do they keep flying these enormous, silent triangle and boomerang-shaped things a few hundred feet off the ground in populated areas in full view of crowds of civilians in various nations? I have to say, a lot of the decisions these people make don't seem to make a lot of sense. Maybe I'm just ignorant of how things are done in the top secret military world.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by Vandettas

A future UFO to some...

That thing could NEVER EVER be mistaken for a UFO i'm afraid this is exactly the type of hogwash the government would like people to believe,

It sounds like a jet therefore is a jet UFOs are silent

Its lights /beacons flash like a jets

From the ground up it looks like a plane, nobody will ever see it as anything other then secret black projects or a plane,

Everything about it suggest OURS and not ET

I totally totally disagree, this will never ever be mistaken as a UFO unless it buy an absolute idiot, people need to be given more credit to be honest, if this ever did get mistaken for a UFO by such an idiot, very shortly afterwards it would be identified unlike UFOs of the other nature IE not ours

Interesting thread tho thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Many aircraft do not retract their gear on test flights, for many reasons. But first is they may need to land in a hurry, and do not want any problems with the gear being stuck or something. During actual missions yes they would be retracted. During test flights, there are just too many things that might go wrong on the untested systems to risk losing your prototype for something silly like a stuck landing gear.

****EDIT

Oh, and yes, it does sound just like any other jet aircraft. I have seen this in person and can say this with certainty.
edit on 16-10-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join