It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm hoping I'm posting my intro in the right place....UK newbie!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi everyone, apparently like so many others I'm a long time lurker and increasingly felt the need to reply to so many fantastic discussions that I just had to join!
But yes I'm a UK female, mainly interested in the extraterrestrial/UFO/paranormal, also all general conspiracy theories new and old, I find it fascinating (no matter how big or small the topic) to have my mind blown by alternate theories to the norm. Also hoaxes intrigue me
anyhoo I look forward to having some great discussions and meeting some of the lovely people here on ATS.

(:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hamoomoo

Hello and welcome. Look forward to reading your opinions and views.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Welcome To ATS.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, if you're unsure of something.

You'll need 20 posts to begin creating your own threads, & I think, 150 posts to engage in ATS Chat.

Under a user's name (box on the left side) is a button that says 'member'; Once you click it, a drop-down list should show...This allows you to do such things as "go to profile", "add as friend", or "send message".

Use the 'New Topics' button, to check up on current, active threads. And the 'myATS' tab, to check up on the threads you've created or commented on/replied to.

Feel free to send me a private message (U2U) if you have any other questions, where I might be able to help!

Enjoy your stay here. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Happy Huntin'

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well done for taking the plunge.

Which topics in particular are you interested in?
Hope you have fun.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy

Don't be afraid to post your opinions, even if they differ by a margin. Discussions always benefit from as many view points as possible. And don't let any negative responses you may receive scare you off - embrace and chalk them up to experience

Have fun.......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hello and welcome, hope you find lots of interesting info here. I certainly have. I have gone through a cycle of change since I first joined, everything is a little clearer than it once was. I was very gullible to begin with but ATS has hardened me up to be a lot more skeptical than I once was. My mind is still very open but you quickly learn about obvious hoaxes here, which you mentioned in your OP. Sorry to rattle on, I don't usually post in introductions but I am feeling quite chatty today, I think I got carried away.

I'm from the UK too, Notts to be precise.

Anyways, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Thank you very much, very helpful! (:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
hello hamoomoo
im a newbie from the uk too

k

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceWayne

Thanks a lot! Hmm well as I mentioned, anything involving extraterrestrial life and the paranormal/supernatural. I know they are broad topics but to be honest I like to read and discover anything within them that comes up! I love reading peoples true stories that they have experienced, especially when replies show that they haven't been the only ones to experience the same kind of things. Makes me more aware to look out for odd things that may have gone otherwise unnoticed in my own life.
I'm also starting my second year of a Philosophy degree so would say I'm certainly the type of person to keep an open mind about theories in all areas.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Hi there, I think that's certainly something I am looking for, to broaden my mind on a lot of things. I consider myself to have a very open mind about things and other peoples beliefs but more so I'm excited to learn about things and discover things that I would have never even thought about or found out. I love 'going deeper' in that respect.
I'm sure my journey here will be fascinating!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thats cool if you're into the higher up stuff. I like projectcamelot.org and in5d.com for a lot of that type info.

gl

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CaesaRodney

Thanks a lot, I'll check those out (:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
While your over there, think you could take down the Bank of England for us and the Rothschilds while your at it? It would relieve much stress worldwide.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well it certainly seems you're in the right place!
Just remember that some of the views expressed here might be considered off the syllabus by your lecturers, so be mindful how you present some of the more far out opinions you may find on here.
Having said that there is also a wealth of good solid well researched topics on here which are outside the mainstream curricula which may just boost your grades. (Nicola Tesla's story for instance).
Anyway, enjoy your education(s).

Edit to add: The Search function is your friend.

edit on 12-10-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Welcome to the show.

Hope to see you around the board's

The paranormal is one of my fav topic's. I think you'll find alot of like minded people, innit.

Praise the bacon!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The Rothschilds are like an unseen entity here. Most people haven't even heard of them.

Roths who?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Haha I'll get my contacts working on that :p

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceWayne

Thanks a lot, that's good advice on my degree front (:
Yes I'll have to make sure I don't wander off topic too far as my mind fills up with ATS discussion! But as you say, if I can search out the right things, I may well discover a lot to offer to my degree. (:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join