It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Swedish fuel is being tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Green Swedish fuel is being tested

di.se

Airline Virgin Atlantic has teamed up with Swedish technology company Swedish Biofuels on more climate-friendly fuel. Aircraft manufacturer Boeing and technology company Lanza Tech also participates in the cooperation.

The hope is to get approval to start using the fuel in commercial flights "within three years." It could mean halving carbon dioxide emissions compared to conventional jet fuel, according to a press release.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A Swedish news story and i translated it so you could read it since this might be of some interest for some in here.

-------FULL STORY IN ENGLISH-------

Green Swedish
fuel is being tested
2011-10-12 12:37
Airline Virgin Atlantic has teamed up with Swedish technology company Swedish Biofuels on more climate-friendly fuel. Aircraft manufacturer Boeing and technology company Lanza Tech also participates in the cooperation.

The hope is to get approval to start using the fuel in commercial flights "within three years." It could mean halving carbon dioxide emissions compared to conventional jet fuel, according to a press release.

In co-operation, Stockholm-based Swedish Biofuels technology to produce Biofuelsused. The origin of jet fuel is ethanol Lanza tech manufacture from gas left over in steel production, which would otherwise have been released into the atmosphere. The ethanol is then converted into jet fuel using the Swedish Biofuels technology.

"It's very exciting. Hopefully, this could lead to the certification of our fuels and commercialization of our fuel technologies," said Angelica Hull, president of Swedish Biofuels and adjunct professor at KTH, to TT.

Currently we want to Hull not go into what the collaboration is worth the Swedish Biofuels part, but she points out that it had been impossible for the Swedish Biofuels to finance the flight testing as Boeing and Virgin Atlantic will now implement.

"We are in the midst of a process right now. The airline looking to use this fuel in its operations in the future is an important step forward," she says.

di.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hmmmm Green fuel.
In the mid 90s allegedly, an individual had made fuel out of tree leaves in india
and was also actually selling it and people were using this fuel in their cars
instead of gasolene. But this guy disappeared after about a month.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Yeah, but this one is being backed by Boeing.
That's what made me lift my eyebrows.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Yeah, but this one is being backed by Boeing.
That's what made me lift my eyebrows.

Perhaps Boeing has patent rights on the fuel source? (if it synthetic, that is)

new topics

top topics

join