It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the world’s most Alien & Beautiful Landscapes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

the rio tinto one was added because its landscape looks like another world (hense the title alien and beautiful) - the hells gate one well, there is diffrent reports that i came across whilst looking for photos for this thread, one that it was created by as you say mining, another that the local people insist it is natural, either way it is spooky and amazing. As for the industrial ones... i found those kinda ugly.

Thanks everyone who has responded so far
, i realise that on occasion similar things can pop up on ATS, but i do think that we all need to step back somtimes and just look at the wonder ofour planet instead of focusing on the negitives, like we have been doing latly

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thanks so much for this post!

I'm already planning a few trips to some of these locations... beautiful and it must be breath taking to see it IRL! S+F from me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thank you very much for these, absolutely beautiful and mysterious

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow, those are some great pictures you've taken OP! Thanks for sharing. They are your pictures, right? I didn't see any other credits.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i wanted to contribute to this thread..so i googled natural wonders and found this *errrr* wonderful image.....weird and as natural as it can get

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Surreal

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Let's try a little dynamic seascape action.

Cortes Bank

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

great video!1 i love watching waves they are totally mesmerising, a true wonder of natures powers

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned after the op but the Bistii Badlands of north west New Mexico are rather alien. Additionally i am glad to see Socotra on here, i think those trees are called dragon's blood trees.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cilvanus

i had a lil look at some pictures and it is pretty surreal looking, for those that havnt seen pictures of this area

Bistii Badlands of north west New Mexico

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thank you for such a lovely show, each new one as wondrous as the last - and the colours - wow!

I can't help wondering about the incredible upheavals on our planet's surface needed to form some of these landscapes. The first few pictures were so fascinating and alien, a keyhole into our planet's past.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Antartica has always been one of my favorite awe inspiring places.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The other end of Ireland's Giant's Causeway is pretty interesting. The Isle of Staffa, the entire isle created by the same peculiar hexagonal columns of rock as the Causeway and its wonderful Fingal's (said giant) cave.

Staffa

edit on 16-10-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Beautiful places. I'm fortunate to live close to Yellowstone. Just wanted to point out that the gate to hell is in Turkmenistan.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, this was fascinating. Thank you for taking putting all of this together and sharing it with us.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Really awesome posts about the phenomenon, animals and places! They are all wonderful.
These are all from around Big Sur, California, taken by myself. An extremely beautiful place, with many different climates. From the pacific ocean, mountains, redwood forests, high deserts and many more.

A nice view of the moon in daytime, with the skeletons of old trees and/or bushes in the foreground. I believe those are/were a type of madrone.

More of the madrone?, showing some burn marks from a fire several years ago. Fire brings much beauty.

A view towards the coast, out of the Ventana wilderness. More burned plants.

Some new life coming from the old.

Nice cloud blanket over the ocean.

edit on 23-10-2011 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i little while ago i came across some wave pics that were so awesome i had to save them,...and as they've been mentioned, here they are...

(hope this works, first time trying to post a pic to ats)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Awesome thread, amazing photos.

No Yeloowstone?

Death Valley

Is that a tree or is that a tree?

More to come...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
100th post.

(Rotorua many years ago)

edit on 24-10-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Amazing pictures.
Those mushroom trees really do look like they could be from a different world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join