It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by FejkNick

Okay, that made me do a double take. 3? I think I need another coffee. LOL

Step-parents. Get it? Mom, dad, step mom, and step dad.

Technically, you can have up to four parents.

Originally posted by FejkNick
I think this is a good thing I assume. The good thing is that gay people wont be discriminated just from looking at the papers (mom and mom or dad and dad).

Politically correctness will kill society.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

on the previous page I asked you a question. Maybe you haven't seen it yet?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick

I think this is a good thing I assume. The good thing is that gay people wont be discriminated just from looking at the papers (mom and mom or dad and dad).
Could there be any other reasons for this? I have seen allot of people posting on the internet about their children being taken from them by the police or state in the UK/Ireland. So when i saw this my head went back to those people.
Will add additional link for that statement.

www.eutimes.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-10-2011 by FejkNick because: Typos.

I agree with you. It makes the language in documents less discriminatory, and avoids a lot of awkward situations.

This is just official paper work protocol, which is not the first area to be hit or modified. There is a colossal difference between official protocol and what goes on inside a home. This is no threat to family values as court vocabulary (for instance) isn't either.

Rather than a favor for the gay community and parenting, I think this is more of an attack using a flag of family values, like any other "unrational" arguments you see conservative people throw at gay marriage and parenting.

Mind you, I don't agree with it. I think that if people of the same sex want to be together, they must have that right, for we all must have the right to happiness, whatever the form of it, as long as it doesn't disrupt other peoples freedoms. *EDITED* I think that if the gay community enjoys so much destroying the image of the Church and what they do against their rights and freedoms, then they shouldn't also be protesting to obtain the Church approval to get married. If you don't agree with the Church, you don't need their stamp on your relationship. *EDITED* And I don't also agree with parenting by parents of the same sex, at least for now. I think we still need to properly analyze how this kids grow up, and then society will be mature enough to keep those access to gay couples, or refuse it.

However, I don't like pointless attacks or the scuffing of mundane and irrelevant matters, raising important issues over reasons that are simply pathetic.

And to the people who actually agree that this is a loss to family values, I must inform that in my country this sorts of rules have been set ages ago, to the point that people even make fun of bureaucracy because it sounds "too cold" when in fact, it's dealing with peoples identity. But even in a country with such "cold" vocabulary in bureaucracy, we still have strong family values, to the point we could be labelled as conservatives.

But meh... People like to argue over pointless things.

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by FejkNick

I see you point, but I have to respectfully disagree.
I feel that two systems could be put into place: the traditional one and an optional one on the lines as stated, that could be used by same sex partners.

That's just pointless. The argument in favor of this change of protocol is to avoid discrimination. By giving people the choice, anyone who would use the "parent #" rule would be perceived as having reasons to choose so, making the change of protocol simply irrelevant.

People aren't good or bad parents because of their gender, social background or even the name they have in official documents. People are good or bad parents on their actions with their children, and that's all that matters.
edit on 12/10/11 by Tifozi because: typo

edit on 12/10/11 by Tifozi because: added a line

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i personally welcome the change
as i've always had difficulty with what gender to write on forms anyway.

as far as pronouns go i use ve/ver/vis

Gender Neutral pronouns have been an issue for a long time. We're making progress.

The Sapir–Whorf hypothesis is a common justification, in addition to humanist and pluralistic reasons, for applying gender-neutral pronouns to the English language. Attempts to invent pronouns for this purpose date back at least to 1850

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I feel that two systems could be put into place: the traditional one and an optional one on the lines as stated, that could be used by same sex partners.

Well in the Us that would be unconstitutional as it's a form, in paper only of course, of segregation.

I'm not sure, I do think it's a good start to try to level the playing field, i'm just not sure if it really will change anything other than giving the people who are against gay marriage more things to be angry about.

how exactly changing the term on a form to be filled out "destroys traditional family and sexual identity" in any way, it doesn't.

simply put, it's none of the governments business if you are a gay couple or not, so changing the forms to remove any references to sexuality makes sense. As such, having a separate "optional" line means declaring sexuality, which IMO isn't anything the government needs to be interested in.

Meh, people who think gays should be treated the same as the rest of us will think this is good, those who disagree will see it as another attack on them. i don't understand how it is an attack on them, but none the less, they will surely tell me here in quite rude terms probably.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I was responding to the original link, which clearly insinuated that the terms 'mother' and 'father' were to be replaced by 'Parent 1' and Parent 2' on legal documents in the UK in order to accommodate same sex couples. If that isn't indirectly redefining the traditional meaning of 'mother' and 'father', then it is an attempt to eradicate those traditional terms from legal documentation, is it not?

I just read a susbsequent post that indicated that the terms 'Parent 1' and 'Parent 2' would appear alongside 'mother' and 'father', and if that is indeed the case, then that is fine. The original link did not present the issue as such.

As for my reference to redefining the legal meaning of 'marriage', it has already happened in several countries. Again, I have no issue with same sex unions and equal rights for same sex couples, but the traditional meaning of 'marriage' as a legally binding contract symbolizing the holy matrimony between a man and a woman should not be compromised to appease certain social groups because of their sexual preference.

All I'm saying is that different terminology should be applied to ensure the legal rights of same sex couples as opposed to redefining pre-existing conventional terminology that applies to heterosexual marriages and traditional nuclear families.

If anyone wants to chastise my opinion, well then so be it.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why don't they just go the extra mile and label it as Parental Unit #

Upon becoming a parent (natural, adoption, foster, etc) you'd be registered as a number (Parental Unit 3897261) With this number the authorities would be able to pull up each member of said unit's history, add codes to the unit number, disqualify the unit from certain programs etc etc.....

1) It removes any concern over "political correctness."
2) It labels people and groups as a number, a government's wet dream.

Think of the possibilities of data collection on a number instead of a name!!!

as a side,
I used to refer to my parents as a parental unit when needing permission for something ie "hold on, I need to check with the parental unit first"

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by ShortMemory

And it is not Political Correctness as you put it.
edit on 12-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

uuhhh, yes it is. What else would you call it. You can call a turd a doughnut, but it doesn't make it taste better.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

I'm not attacking you, because in the end we both agree on the general terms of this subject, but there is a part in this post that I don't agree with you.

(...) as opossed to redefining pre-existing conventional terminology that applies to heterosexual marriages and traditional nuclear families.

You only object to this part because you think that the terminology that you use today, is the terminology we used all along, and that things are keeping their status quo because we use "father" and "mother".

That's not true. Just look back at your own language, and remember how people used to talk. You just need to remember the fact that women weren't allowed to vote, to then note another change in terminology in official records and such, same with women getting their full education diplomas, and like so many other examples we could pull out.

IMO, just because in your birth certificate or ID it says "Parent 1" and "Parent 2", it doesn't mean any kind of family value is lost, much less sexual identity.

Kids will still call their mothers "mother", and their fathers "father". Just like today kids yell "ma" and "pa", and that doesn't mean their parents are less of a mother or father.

Things will continue like they always do, families will still be families, and people will just get used to filling this new forms.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is just something else to destroy who we are and society as a whole.How can you tolerate this just so two people who can't be parents anyway can be accepted as parents?

Its funny because people oppose the evil world we live in and yet tolerate this which is being used as a tool to make it even worse.I guess tolerance really is a disease that must be cured in our society.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Get a clue.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. where have our morals gone....political correctness is going to destroy the world with retarded liberals leading the way

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Gays don't have equality when it comes to children though.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Uhhh except that homosexuality has been promoted to destroy society and all the lives within it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Read about what we are talking about and how it DOES effect us all.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

So you tell me what the cure would be. Send all same sex couples, homosexuals or lesbians to jail? Hang them, gas them? Would you prefer that. And you tell me to get a clue,

There is more evil in this world when it comes to religion, and religious bigotry, than anything else. And you have just proven my point.

link   
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Why can't children of gay couples just call them mum and mum or dad and dad.

link   
parent 1 is the X box and parent 2 is the take out man.
like pizza and othere junk food.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Uhh because gays can't have children and don't have the right mindset to be parents.
There will never be any equality between hetro or homo couples.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join