It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is where you are very wrong.I have never said that I
hate homosexuals.YOU are assuming that I hate them
because I won't accept their lifestyle.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think I'll make the same point here as I just made in another thread.

Encourage, and even enforce social dynamic changes in society so that children grow up in situations and environments that trigger brain changes that mimic those found in socieities and tribes that have been living in situations of continual conflict killing their men.

More boys are born during times of conflict.

Hmmm....

So social conditions that mimic conflict situations have biological impacts on fertility, and likely brain development. Triggering brains to change in development, creating more warriors.

Not that I'm suggesting that these plans have serious unintended consequences which will probably undermine their entire social plan.
edit on 2011/10/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am a baby boomer...I was taught right from wrong.
In church, I was taught about the family being the moral
fabric of society.

Yeah, me, too. But somehow I managed to grow out of the hatred, superiority and separation that organized religion instilled in me. Good luck to you.

Hell - - I'm 65 - - just got my Medicare card.

I was taught "People are their Heart".

I managed to grow out of the hatred, superiority and separation of organized religion too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That is where you are very wrong.I have never said that I
hate homosexuals.YOU are assuming that I hate them
because I won't accept their lifestyle.

God made them as they are born.

Apparently it is God's design you reject.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i respect the fact that ppeople have their opinions on such a thing but you have 0 right to judge anyone let alone for their sexual preference nor there human nature desire to have a child.many people of religion that i know who are shall we say,- closed minded - also quote the same stuff oh the bible says its adam and eve not adam and steve ...sheesh
seriously? who are we or you to judge who someone loves, nor judge the love they can show a child, who do you think you are to make that judgement as the 'bible' says

Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

and plus such things are just ignorance of the bible itself in all honesty. For example, many Christians don't know that: Jesus says nothing about same-sex behavior. The Jewish prophets are silent about homosexuality.
Only six or seven of the Bible's one million verses refer to same-sex behavior in any way -- and none of these verses refer to homosexual orientation as it's understood today. In fact, the Bible accepts sexual practices that we condemn and condemns sexual practices that we accept. Lots of them! Here are a few examples.

DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
MARK 10:1-12
Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
LEVITICUS 18:19
The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

before i drivel on the point is that imo to me it doesn't matter 1 iota if same sex couples adopt a child, i would prefer that to the child being shoved into care or in abusive situations. Gay couples have every right to have the chance to a family - hell its even int he human rights act - every person has the fundamental right to family life.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For a site whose motto is "Deny Ignorance", the amount of trolling, hateful bigotry on some of these forums is quite staggering.

No reason why anyone should give a ****, but I don't think I will be coming back to this site any more.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
EU Times is a known BS site.

Check this out!

BBC

New forms including "parent one" and "parent two" alongside "mother" and "father" are expected to be brought in by the end of the year.

The Home Office says the additional terms will ensure passports are issued safely to the right person.

A similar change was implemented in America earlier this year.

So, Parent 1 and Parent 2 are NOT replacing Mother and Father. They are IN ADDITION TO.

And the US is already doing it! Have families been destroyed because of it? No.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Seems like a great Eugenics plan to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's the US application. Is this what everyone is complaining about? Is THIS what will surely destroy the traditional family???

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

www.eutimes.net

Traditional words ‘father’ and ‘mother’ will be replaced with official terms Parent 1 and Parent 2 in Britain. The terms will be used in official documents. The authorities decided to make such a “politically correct” move to accommodate same-sex couples. Experts are sure, though, that the matter is not about the requirements of certain social groups. The decision is another step towards the destruction of traditional families.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.waleso nline.co.uk

The premise of this article is absolutely revolting in my opinion.

I have nothing against same sex couples. If gays and lesbians want to live together or raise children, that's their prerogative.

HOWEVER, the notion of redefining sacred words like 'marriage', 'mother', and 'father' to appease any social group in society because of their sexual preference is absolutely ridiculous and intolerable. Let them identify themselves however they like.

What's wrong with the term 'legal guardian' in such instances?

I suppose in due time it will be considered politically incorrect or offensive for a child of a traditional nuclear family to call his parents 'mommy' and 'daddy' in public?

edit on 12-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have no problem with this to be
put on documents - its the
Parent 1 and Parent 2 that
bothers me. Why not Dad 1 and
2 or Mother 1 and 2.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
words are words, are words, are words.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
HOWEVER, the notion of redefining sacred words like 'marriage', 'mother', and 'father'...

Wait...
1. How are the words marriage (a legal contract) mother and father (legal terms for parents) 'sacred'???
2. Where are those words being redefined?

You can rant all you want, but at least make sure you're ranting about something that's actually happening.

Let them identify themselves however they like.

OK. How about Parent 1 and Parent 2?

What's wrong with the term 'legal guardian' in such instances?

A guardian has different LEGAL meaning than parent. We ARE talking about legal papers here.

Legal Guardian
A person lawfully invested with the power, and charged with the obligation, of taking care of and managing the property and rights of a person who, because of age, understanding, or self-control, is considered incapable of administering his or her own affairs.

So, an adult who is incapable of administering to his own affairs can have a legal guardian.

Legal Parent
the lawful and natural father or mother of a person. The word does not mean grandparent or ancestor, but can include an adoptive parent.

So, while a parent IS the child's legal guardian, the legal guardian may or may not be the child's parent.

I suppose in due time it will be considered politically incorrect or offensive for a child of a traditional nuclear family to call his parents 'mommy' and 'daddy' in public?

Yeah, I'm sure that's going to happen...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
I have nothing against same sex couples.

Yeah right.

I have nothing against - - but . . . . blah blah blah. How many times have I heard this?

Here's a thread for you:

"I have gay friends, but..."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

We keep forgetting this too...
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words will never harm me.
Star for you and these

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm so tired of everything being so politically correct

This is just stupid.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Many words have been redefined over the years.
At one time being gay meant you were happy!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
this thread is actually an almost therapeutic read
i was feeling the rage at first
but as i read through
seeing each bigotted view addressed and dismissed
i couldn't help but feel more positive than in a long time.
love will win over prejudice, always.

i personally welcome the change
as i've always had difficulty with what gender to write on forms anyway.

as far as pronouns go i use ve/ver/vis

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Many words have been redefined over the years.
At one time being gay meant you were happy!

Another educational moment. What is your point?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Maybe you see it that way. But if you were in their shoes, being discriminated every day, with hateful and disturbing comments how would you feel. And do not tell me you would turn the other cheek, you would not.

And another thing, God gave everyone one thing. Do you know what that is? Unconditional love, wither we believe in him or not. Being a homosexual or a lesbian is not a choice. My brother is a homosexual, if he wanted to marry and raise a child. I would support him 100%.

Some Christians do not know the meaning of love that is for sure. When they go around spouting their hateful doctrine to everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join