It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What a load of crock,has it ever bothered anybody calling them the mother or father?jesus people get a grip of life and think of something thats more important to sort in life.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Traditional family? Bullthing. Just a term. I felt surprised when I saw this thread in the front page. I dunno why but I kind of thought people would be thinking about important things.

Originally posted by Walkers
Not in my name. A marriage = one man and one woman.

Love isn't a term, it exists. I just feel ashamed some of you barely feel it. You prefer wasting time blaming people for nothing than spending your life living. It is obvious where this apocaliptic sensationalist statement comes from, so I won't waste anymore time talking about it.

In your name or not, gay marriage already exists, and there's nothing you can't do about it

edit on 13-10-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This doesn't feel "progressive" at all. It feels like political correctness brainwashing to me. But whatever, its just names and labels.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This isn't really happening, it's just a silly article to stir reactionary people up.

All these "it's political correctness gone MAD!" articles are the same, whether they're aimed at Muslims, homosexuals or one armed purple dwarves from Neptune. Put down your pitchfolks people there are no gay men or women anywhere calling for the words mother and father to be replaced. Deary me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In this dark time I believe in Darwin. European would just die because of what they are doing. Our evolution is about to survive of human kind so despite I am European too I am patient and calm in this matter. Human kind would survive in one way ore another, maybe without European if this is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by spw184

Hm, I don't think the purpose is to change the names"Mother and father". It's for legal purposes, ya know, passports, filling out forms.

I don't think it will catch on in the household!

I hope your right.

Why do I have this memory of some older cartoon (possibly with robots) , and someone was reffering to the Mother and Father as "Parental Units"? I forget where that was from.

I hope this "Parent 1 and 2" thing is just for forms. If you have two Women for parents shouldn't they both be called Mom? and if you had two Men for parents just call them both Dad.

Yea I think this whole thing is reffiring to forms and passports, I really hope they're not trying to get kids to start calling Mom's and Dad's Parent 1 and Parent 2. Sounds so robotic and uncaring.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

LOL.....ok politically correct...maybe....but I get to parent 1...no way im settling for parent 2....just no way....soon they will just have to change it to a parent....another parent...cause im not being number 2. I hate political correctness to this scale.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

This kind of reminds me of the movie "Brave New World" where the words mother and father are not even allowed to be spoken and are considered curse words and everyone is raised in a state run orphanage with no real family as we traditionally know it.

I respect the rights of others to live their lives as they see fit, including gay/lesbian couples but I still think this is stupid PC BS. How does it discriminate to have mother/father on a passport? just scratch out the innapropriate title or something.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by ShortMemory

Excuse me there has always been discrimination when it comes to same sex couples. The change in the law will give same sex couples more equality. Which I support.

But they are not equal.

Heterosexuals and homosexuals are not equal. They are not the same. Each deserves the same rights, but equal they are not. One produces offspring through traditional, and familiar means. The other does not, and wishes to be "the same" regardless, but it cannot be.

Go ahead and tell me I'm "hateful and ignorant", but you know it's true, and I am neither hateful nor ignorant. I have never had anything against homosexuals, and throughout my daily life I have no reason to ever think about them frankly.

What I do have a problem with, however, are groups of people that try to impose their values upon others, warping what works and is normal. We are turning society into a machine, subjugating humanity from themselves, creating ambiguous and androgynous rules and labels.

Nothing good will ever come of this, it will cause a further divide while the supporters live in their fantasy.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Actually it will, In the UK it will that is for sure.

It has already happened in the US, and now it is happening here. I didnt see you all go OTT over that when they introduced it in the USA. It will benefit those same sex parents, whom wish to go on holiday with their children. It will not effect the mother/ father status on anyone else's passports.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
But they are not equal.

Heterosexuals and homosexuals are not equal. They are not the same. Each deserves the same rights, but equal they are not. One produces offspring through traditional, and familiar means. The other does not, and wishes to be "the same" regardless, but it cannot be.

Go ahead and tell me I'm "hateful and ignorant", but you know it's true, and I am neither hateful nor ignorant. I have never had anything against homosexuals, and throughout my daily life I have no reason to ever think about them frankly.

Oh God - - another "I have nothing against homosexuals - - but . . . "

They are equal - - they are the same. There is nothing wrong with their reproductive system. Homosexuals can and have had offspring the traditional way.

Heteros have children by surrogates too. Does that make them not equal?

So a homosexual that has a child the traditional way is more Equal - - then a hetero woman who can't.

Ignorant? Yes. Probably religious. Hate? That's for you to come to terms with.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great news.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You make a lot of assumptions.

Once again, one person here, and one person only, is trying to impose their views on another. You are doing so in the most ugliest and disgusting of fashions. By insulting, and spitting on anyone that disagrees with you. You seem neither enlightened nor civilized, yet you try to proclaim you carry some banner for the betterment of civilized humanity.

You have more to come to terms with than I. You're not going to accomplish your goals by throwing a tantrum and lashing out at people who merely pose arguments or debates on global matters. No, it must be your way, it has to be your enlightenment. Cover your ears and scream "No no no no" but it will change nothing.

I have no hate in this matter. Tell yourself whatever you want, whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You make a lot of assumptions.

Really?

What are they?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Once again, one person here, and one person only, is trying to impose their views on another. You are doing so in the most ugliest and disgusting of fashions. By insulting, and spitting on anyone that disagrees with you. You seem neither enlightened nor civilized, yet you try to proclaim you carry some banner for the betterment of civilized humanity.

Show me where I posted something other then a statement.

Feelings are internal - - they come from you. It is YOU who is choosing the interpretation of what you are reading.

Typed words do not have inflection or present emotions - - - unless stated as such.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Show me where I posted something other then a statement.

Feelings are internal - - they come from you. It is YOU who is choosing the interpretation of what you are reading.

Typed words do not have inflection or present emotions - - - unless stated as such.

I'm not going into such an obtuse, meandering argument with you. Again, tell yourself whatever you want to feel comfortable with being an inflammatory and insulting person. It doesn't make you seem intelligent or enlightened at all. You're not championing for any civil rights here, though again, you may tell yourself this if you wish.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Wait a moment, You have a cheek to criticise this being done in the UK, but when this was passed through the USA, Did you say anything? It is already on forms for passports over there, so what is the difference of having it over here in the UK?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

But your pushing your ideals and values on other people claiming one is normal and one is "trying to be the same".

Sorry, but you're being extremely hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just to remind all the people who have so clearly (sarcasm) read the news source, it's only going to be used on documentation like passport (and I believe birth certificates).

You will not be forced to be known as Parent 1/2.

You're child will not be forced to call you Parent 1/2.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by voidla
reply to post by SyphonX

But your pushing your ideals and values on other people claiming one is normal and one is "trying to be the same".

Sorry, but you're being extremely hypocritical.

If you want to stretch it, I was being hypocritical. But I did not mean to use the word "normal". At a loss I used "normal", but what I meant is that we have used a system like this for thousands of years. Mother, father. Hardly insulting nor does it take rights from anyone.

You would have to float quite the drama to think this affects who you are as a person. If someone had to make an inquiry beyond a passport, they would eventually have to determine who the mother and father are.

Yes, I realize this is for certain documentation. But where does it stop, exactly?

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by SyphonX

Wait a moment, You have a cheek to criticise this being done in the UK, but when this was passed through the USA, Did you say anything? It is already on forms for passports over there, so what is the difference of having it over here in the UK?

Because I missed it. I can't catch every bit of news. It doesn't make a bit of difference whether or not the news originates from the US or UK. It stands to reason that if one does something, the other tends to follow. They mirror each other in a lot of respects.
edit on 13-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join