It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New camping stove released spring 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
As a camping /survival enthusiast i love new gear and this one could be a good choice.

info from biolite

With the BioLite CampStove you can step off the grid and leave the petrol at home. Whether you’re spending a month in Alaska or a night in the backyard the BioLite stove will quickly and cleanly cook meals using nothing but the underbrush you collect on your journey.
Product Specs
• Boils 1 liter of water in 2.5 minutes.
• Lights quickly and easily
• Burns twigs, sticks, underbrush, pine cones, pellets, rice husks
• Folds for easy packing
• 7.5” Tall X 4.75” Diameter
• Weighs 1lb 10oz
• Charges Cell Phones and LED Lights
. also it collapses for travel

Open wood fires are inefficient, wasting potential energy and creating toxic smoke due to incomplete combustion. Carefully designed stoves that use fans to blow air into the fire can dramatically improve combustion. However, such stoves require small amounts of electricity to power their fans and most people who cook on wood are without grid or battery access. BioLite stoves solve this problem by converting a fraction of the fire’s thermal energy into electricity to power our combustion improvement system. Excess electricity is made available to users for charging small electronic devices such as Cell phones and LED lights.

so far so good.........

From through hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail to hunters in West Virginia, the BioLite stove suits many needs. Take it to tailgating events or just roast marshmallows in the backyard. Unlike petroleum stoves, you can travel with the BioLite stove on airplanes and not worry about finding the right fuel when you get to your destination. With the ability to burn almost any solid fuel and no batteries to lose their charge, the BioLite stove is a great emergency preparedness tool.

ok im starting to like this

now i want one of those , my concern is how long would the power generator last and is it any good in the wet and wind.......................

The BioLite CampStove is designed for outdoor enthusiasts. Our patent-pending thermoelectric-fan technology delivers clean, efficient, lightweight, portable and carbon-neutral outdoor cooking without the need for petroleum fuel or batteries.

The BioLite HomeStove, which leverages BioLite thermoelectric-fan technology to provide clean, carbon-reduced cooking for developing world consumers (3 billion of whom cook on wood and other solid fuels). This improvement on the “rocket stove” design reduces emissions 10 times, and is designed to easily merge with traditional cooking practices in focus regions.

they also do a large version which charges phones batteries etc ( the wire for charging could be longer tho )

homestove link

not a bad list of companies to have worked with

The BioLite team together has over 30 years of product development experience and holds more than 30 utility patents. Previous clients include OXO, Johnson & Johnson, Hewlett Packard, Nike, Lego, Church and Dwight, Pepsi, GE, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Motorola, and Bosch. More than 90% of our developed products have gone to market.

what do you guys think

peace

all info in the thread was taken from there website www.biolite.com
edit on 12/10/1111 by periloustimes because: added more info for non video atsers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by periloustimes

that looks quite interesting - the electrical charging looks a bit " gimmicky " though - and i would like to see what state its in after a 12 month feild trial

but bottom line its just what i call a ` kibble stove ` - ie small solids chunks i have built a couple my self

i am very wary of its claims on smoke / CO emmissions

smoke esp is more dependant on fuel choice than stove design

the key to kibble stoves is flue updraft - and nothing about this design strikes me as any different to others - commercial and home made

with a good flue pipe - correctly positioned hearth pot and good fuel - a kibble stove will burn clean

its when you try to use one in confined , unvented spaces with wet fuel stock - that problems arise

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I have never tried something like this. Going to check it out, Thanks for the heads yp

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Looks good to me, im always into these new inventions. How much do they charge for a little one?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

S&F
Ya know it looks like a 21st century upgrade to the old Kelly/storm kettle...
I'd like to get my hands on one to see how it works...

maybe I'll write to the manufacture and see if they'll send me one for a review???

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

Sounds like a good idea to me Grandad, I know you would anyway but post the review here if they are up for it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

i have no idea of cost but im sure i read somewhere $60 for small campstove , for uk campers most likely £60
but thats just a guess .... we will find out in march 2012, ive subscribed to them so hopefully i will find out ..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

beat you to it lol
ive emailed them and i hope to get a reply , if i do ill keep you all informed

fingers crossed

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

today i received a small wooden ply model and a thankyou note for reserving my stove the cost is $129 or £83 not inc. shipping . i cant wait to get it lol . oh and the small camp stove charges phones or anything usb related.
sorry for the delay in replying

peace

edit on 31/12/1111 by periloustimes because: to add the newest pictures

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Man, I wish I have a spare £83, that is an amazing piece of kit.

I cant believe you can charge your Electrics from it and its only the size of a waterbottle. Such clean energy as well, this little thing could help save the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

it finally arrived and ill be doing a review as soon as it stops bloody raining

new topics

top topics

join