It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 'Reincarnation' exists, then.....?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Exactly so.

I was raised both non-Christian and Christian, and the non parts stuck. Those taught me to respect all living things as my equals.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey Red, sorry if this has already been said but in longer threads my attention span usually doesn't get past page 3. The following is my opinion on (of all things lol) the meaning of life. Its actually taken from a question I answered a while ago but it provides a little background to my answer......

The meaning of life according to me is experience.....

In the beginning a there was nothing but an awareness. It was the infinitely everything and nothing all at once. But how can one know one's self if nothing else exists, if you are everything and nothing all at once? In order to experience everything inside one needs to understand everything on the outside. But one cannot do that if one is everything.

So this awareness began to divide itself into smaller separate parts (aka the Big Bang) using the illusory dividers of time and space. Firstly quantum particles to understand what it is to just be. More complex forms arose - atoms, electrons, molecules, matter. And now we have an understanding of movement and energy. Eventually simple life arose, and now we understand stimuli and response. Animals - basal emotions such as fear, lust, hunger, contentment. And finally higher life forms such as humans and all the complexities that go along with them.

Now as everything is still one and the same, there is an attraction to everything else. And this attraction is love. Nothing more nothing less. But this attraction, this love, is what eventually will lead us back to the source. When each separate soul has finally experienced its little part of the puzzle it will follow the path of love, its own in built attraction to everything else, back to the source, and the veil will be lifted. And once again everything will become one again. And then you know what will happen? It will all begin again.....

Now, if something wanted to experience itself, to know itself as you, or me, or anyone (or anything) else would the knowledge that one is in fact everything, and all the knowledge of past present and future help or hinder it when experiencing itself as say you - Marlboro Red......? If you in fact remembered everything then splitting into a separate entities would be pointless. For you already will know whats going to happen, then you may as well stay an infinite void.

For I believe - as time itself is an illusion based on perception to make us think that everything isn't happening all at once - that souls can reincarnate from the future as well as the past. In fact my theory is that we are all in fact the one being, and everyone else currently 'alive' is too that same being merely reincarnated concurrently at the same present time.

Its an interesting spin on whole we are all 'We are one' concept. But even if you do not agree then you have to admit my 'Source experiencing itself' theory has some merit..... maybe....lol

I also don't believe in 'God' as a separate being making conscious descisions about how next to screw up the world. But rather as everything that is both seen and unseen. I do have more as well, but maybe I'll save it for another night....

Also sorry about any grammatical errors (some ppl are sensitive to such things) but I'm typing this in the middle of the Australian desert on a laptop the size of my fist connected via satellite and every edit take about 15-20 minutes
edit on 17/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It fills us with joy when we read/hear another-Self of the One Infinite Creator speak such things as the above poster did.

Indeed, the Creator before "being" the Creator/Creation, was Nothing. Out of the Nothingness of the Void "awakens" Awareness, then the Creator can be "born".

When the Creator/Creation is fulfilled, completed, re-known in its (re)evolutionary experience, in all its myriad of parts, fragments, particles, sparks, everything goes back to that Source from whence all came, and the Creator/Creation falls "asleep".

The curious thing, is that sleep always and inevitably leads to awakening once more.

This is the infinite and never-ending cycle.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Nice reply, your theory is more or less what I have come to believe over the last few years. Although I can not decide on whether, like you said, every conscious being alive at all times is the same consciousness reincarnated at the same time. Or if we are all just children of that original consciousness that are separate from each other in that we are having different experiences but still come from the same original source, and are able to grow and learn from many lifetimes.
But I think I feel better off not knowing which is true, as it is kind of scary to think that some people in this world could be you in a different life, there are plenty of crazy people that I would rather not be born than experience their life.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TetsuoIronMan

Nice reply, your theory is more or less what I have come to believe over the last few years. Although I can not decide on whether, like you said, every conscious being alive at all times is the same consciousness reincarnated at the same time. Or if we are all just children of that original consciousness that are separate from each other in that we are having different experiences but still come from the same original source, and are able to grow and learn from many lifetimes.
But I think I feel better off not knowing which is true, as it is kind of scary to think that some people in this world could be you in a different life, there are plenty of crazy people that I would rather not be born than experience their life.

Why is it so many of you have bought into your bodies being a factor in this thing you call Life?

Why is it so many of you think our Soul has to learn an indivual lesson, to learn the Truth, that Souls cannot learn collectively as One?

Why is it anyone thinks a "person" can be another "person" in another life?

Why is it so many think it's the person that makes the Soul or the Soul that makes the person?

Your soul's purpose is to animate the person you are, then that person becomes who they are born to become.
If that Soul remembers anything from a past life they "played" it's only because they were allowed to remember that, thus, they are meant to remember it so as to become who they are born to be. It would be like Shirley MacLaine kNot being allowed to remember her past lives, she wouldn't be the fruitcake she is if she didn't remember them.
So Shirley is who she is, for a reason.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
It fills us with joy when we read/hear another-Self of the One Infinite Creator speak such things as the above poster did.

Indeed, the Creator before "being" the Creator/Creation, was Nothing. Out of the Nothingness of the Void "awakens" Awareness, then the Creator can be "born".

When the Creator/Creation is fulfilled, completed, re-known in its (re)evolutionary experience, in all its myriad of parts, fragments, particles, sparks, everything goes back to that Source from whence all came, and the Creator/Creation falls "asleep".

The curious thing, is that sleep always and inevitably leads to awakening once more.

This is the infinite and never-ending cycle.

Cheers for your kind reply. One thing I will mention is that The Source prior to the big bang was never nothing . There has always been something , it's just we don't know and in our present material form cannot not comprehend what that something was.

The reason I labour this point is because you'll have both Fundamentalist Christians and Scientists both moaning on about Newton's 1st Law of Thermodynamics saying that something can't come from nothing.

And that's a can of worms you don't want to open

Originally posted by TetsuoIronMan

I don't think it really matters when looking at the big picture whether we are all the one being or whether we're multiple entities emanating from the one source. And I'm sure one day we'll all find out anyway. It is more just a little speculation on my behalf.

But if you think about the nature of time itself (and believe me I still have a long way to go before I can wrap my brain around this one) then it is entirely possible. Time, like space, is merely an illusion to make us believe everything isn't happening all at the same time, all in the same place. They are what divide the energy, the source, into all the forms and beings you see around you today. Together these three - Time Space and Energy - are the true Holy Trinity of the universe.

Time is basically the rate at which matter changes form and is (of course) relative to the observer. What may seem like a an average lifetime to you is merely a minute to a giant redwood tree, and a millennia to freshwater bacteria. The fact that people have been known to predict future events is one of the things that makes me think everything has already happened. We are beings stuck somewhere on the timeline between the beginning and the end of this universe as we know it.

Having said all that though you never actually hear of anyone remembering 'future' lives.......

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation because it is recycling - something the universe needs to do in order to survive.

And I think that we do not remember our previous lives because we could not stand it.

Maybe that is why babies cry a lot.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

Because of our dual state of being we can barely see 2 minutes in front of us and behind us. It's the fear based state we have lived in for many years. There is much information to support reincarnation when you approach existence with an open mind. However I understand this in a Mahayana/zen style. We are always dying every instant and a new being comes into light.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The truth is that while perceptions can be whatever the mind allows, there is only one version of reality

What is reality? Is reality the same without the flesh and the veil removed? I ponder this often. I happen to think it is different. Reality back home is connected to the whole or the collective, therefore we find our selves in the mixture of a reality that is both singular and dual. It is whatever we want it to be.....within the mind, of course. Without the veil we are able to experience the sense's and emotions of others making reality together. Can it be the same as with the flesh and veil over our eyes....no...we are very much limited. Some more than others depending on the infancy of said spirit. Creation continues......

Embrace whatever you wish, and failure is an option. In fact, the chances are overwhelming that you'll never know the basic nature of reality, regardless of how many incarnations you believe lay before you. Nothing owes you an answer, and no one is tasked with telling you the truth about who and what you are, or why you exist. You're literally on your own in this endeavor, and the axiom "Buyer Beware" is probably the best advice available - well, if any of this actually matters to you beyond the very natural human need to belong to one point of view or another.
reply to post by NorEaster

Chances are we may indeed never know the full truth as we have yet to experience the whole (All) truth. We are and always will be limited unless or until we reach full potential whereas we can go back to the God head or the All, (Source, Singularity, God) whatever you want to call it.

It is my thinking that allows me to ponder questions and answers. It is also my thinking that tells me each creation is always learning and this learning may be an eternity of lives slowly but surely getting to the potential of the most love while others are in infancy stage barely making it to love and or being far away from the love that awaits them. Some of us are literally worlds apart while others are closer to reaching the goal of ultimate love. This does not mean any one soul is better than the next....just the progression may take a little longer depending on the incarnations one has had and the goals that have been reached with the veil.

Why are we always learning? I think it is because we are learning to be One with the ALL that just so happens to be the Source of Love. Everything has been created out of love and by love. God is Love. ~

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

But if you think about the nature of time itself (and believe me I still have a long way to go before I can wrap my brain around this one) then it is entirely possible. Time, like space, is merely an illusion to make us believe everything isn't happening all at the same time, all in the same place. They are what divide the energy, the source, into all the forms and beings you see around you today. Together these three - Time Space and Energy - are the true Holy Trinity of the universe.

In my opinion time is an illusion, however the illusion of time is actually our awareness, if you will, in the realm of time.

Time, Space, and Energy in my thoughts are the Universe's unity that keeps moving and NEVER stops (creation continues...never stops), thus there is no ultimate future to be seen, therefore we have the past and the present....the future remains with the One who has moved since awareness began. With each action from the collective....it (future) changes. The only time, therefore to me, within my sense's is awareness of time and space. Once an entity has no awareness of time....time ceases. Awareness is a "sense" and the perspective view of such an awareness becomes connected to the whole once the veil is removed. Time then ceases because the awareness of it ceases. This is why all mediums and or psychics will tell you there is no way to know the future for sure because it can very well change...... and it makes "sense" to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't believe in reincarnation myself.....I believe in something much more simple, and (in my opinion) logical. We are born of our parents....two separate individuals creating a new life, a new person. Each parent came about the same way....from their parents.
Each of us are carrying remnants of our direct lineage....parents, parents' parents....etc.....all the way back....so, wouldn't it make sense that within our DNA we are carrying perhaps memories within us....that belong to our ancestors? I don't think that I have memories of my own past lives, I believe that I hold within me memories of my relatives' lives.....does that make sense to anyone besides me, lol?
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here is a link for those of you truly interested in the subject. For any Christian who stumbles upon this thread that has no clue reincarnation is in fact taught by Jesus....please...read.

When I was in the 7th grade I had to attend a Church of Christ school...thank God they kicked me out two years later. I argued, well, debated with my Bible teacher who remembers me til' this day.

One can read any book and get something totally different and that is what happened to me when I first read the Bible as a kid. Some things are just not mistaken in my view while others view something different. To each his own...but do your own due diligence when it comes to YOUR belief and have your own...not someone else's. It is really more fun when you lead your own belief.

This link describes what I saw within the scriptures and I really hope some of you will read it. If you are like me and have not ventured on this journey yet....it will most likely lead to a snowball effect of learning. Reincarnation in my opinion is a known fact and makes sense. For you, it may not be so...but at least take a look and see what ya think after you read this page.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
I don't believe in reincarnation myself.....I believe in something much more simple, and (in my opinion) logical. We are born of our parents....two separate individuals creating a new life, a new person. Each parent came about the same way....from their parents.
Each of us are carrying remnants of our direct lineage....parents, parents' parents....etc.....all the way back....so, wouldn't it make sense that within our DNA we are carrying perhaps memories within us....that belong to our ancestors? I don't think that I have memories of my own past lives, I believe that I hold within me memories of my relatives' lives.....does that make sense to anyone besides me, lol?
jacygirl

Why do you not believe in reincarnation?

After a million or so Earth years does your lineage coincide with others?

Why would you not hold memories of your own past life's rather than your ancestors?

Once the veil is removed and you become "knowing" again do you think you will be able to sense (feel) by ways of communication with your ancestors and tap into their memories if allowed by them?

I'm asking you more questions to get you to ponder.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi......I am pondering, but I am not sure that I completely understand your questions....sorry.
I tried to explain my beliefs as best I can. I don't have memories of previous lives, and my way of looking at it is....that my DNA contains particles from my parents....and their parents....and so on....so, things that may seem/look familiar are so because 'part' of me has memory, but it's not MY previous life's memory....it is the memory that is within my DNA that is inherited....so it's familiar to a part of me, but not because I lived it (because THEY lived it).
I apologize if this doesn't make sense.....sometimes it's hard to find the words to express an idea/feeling.
Or, perhaps it is just that I personally haven't lived previous lives, and this is my first time here, lol?
tks, jacygirl

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That was an interesting read, thanks for the link.

I still don't buy the god parts, though.

However, the rest makes for good evidence of reincarnation.

I submit that the reality of reincarnation was once far more evident when there were far fewer people and greater distances between groups. Under those circumstances the odds of recognizing a prior spirit within a new body would be far higher.

It would also explain why some groups chose to die willingly with their leader, so as to reincarnate at approximately the same time and not lose each other in time.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That was an interesting read, thanks for the link. I still don't buy the god parts, though.
reply to post by apacheman

Ha! Well...now I have to ask....What do you mean by, "I still don't buy the God parts? What specifically are you not buying?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Hi......I am pondering, but I am not sure that I completely understand your questions....sorry.
I tried to explain my beliefs as best I can. I don't have memories of previous lives, and my way of looking at it is....that my DNA contains particles from my parents....and their parents....and so on....so, things that may seem/look familiar are so because 'part' of me has memory, but it's not MY previous life's memory....it is the memory that is within my DNA that is inherited....so it's familiar to a part of me, but not because I lived it (because THEY lived it).
I apologize if this doesn't make sense.....sometimes it's hard to find the words to express an idea/feeling.
Or, perhaps it is just that I personally haven't lived previous lives, and this is my first time here, lol?
tks, jacygirl

I don't have memories of past lives but what I do remember is being excited about coming and the instant I thought of coming....I came.
I also remember being little and asking God why I could no longer hear my moms thoughts. That feeling was VERY alienating to me.

Ok...so you are saying you think your DNA holds the information of your bloodline? That is definitely possible.

For now....my belief is that some may indeed be on their first journey...as they are in an infancy stage to life. God only knows.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That there is a god of any sort whatsoever that creates souls, has plans for them, or interacts in any way with them.

Reincarnation doesn't require it for a satisfactory and provable explanation of observed events: simple physics does nicely.

The god did this and that stuff are relics from ages where knowledge of physics and other science disciplines was lacking, limited, or unthought of as yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I may have had one but i wont ever know :p it seems to me the first thing i remember is running across the road and hiding behind a graveyard by a small church. i waited and as i got some breath back a person said something i looked around and saw someone holding a pistol and then he shot me. I fell and remembered myself becoming sleepy and next thing i remembered i was very young in a living room at my first house wondering what my sisters name is :p i have no idea how old i was or what happened or what it means but i can say i'm just weirded out by it 0_o there was the second world war not long ago so im deeply confused :p

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

reply to post by MamaJ

tks, jacygirl

I don't have memories of past lives but what I do remember is being excited about coming and the instant I thought of coming....I came.
I also remember being little and asking God why I could no longer hear my moms thoughts. That feeling was VERY alienating to me.

Ok...so you are saying you think your DNA holds the information of your bloodline? That is definitely possible.

For now....my belief is that some may indeed be on their first journey...as they are in an infancy stage to life. God only knows.

When you've gone on a long trip and had your newborn strapped into the babyseat in the backseat of the car, that's your baby's first trip somewhere but you're with it, so you know where you're going (at least, I hope you did), so while it's their first trip, they are in good hands.

Souls are born all the time (not every second, but on a continuous basis) so there are Souls here that are quintillions of earth years old and ones only a few million earth years old and even some that are only thousands of earth years old but WE are All Children of Zion, Children of Source, Children of God, so We're in good hands.

Ribbit

Ps: I love the story. I've heard similar stories from others I've met in person during my travels and I wish I personally remembered but until I dew, I was gifted with a beautiful imagination and with it, I can see everything.
Your story is true and thank you for sharing it with us. There are more peeps out there with a similar story but they are afraid to speak up for fear they will be called crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join